Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

get this guy a job at TCBscans

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

The idea that Blackbeard covered up what he was doing with Whitebeard because he actually has a plant that grows every kind of fruit that he's using to extract Devil Fruit would actually be kind of amazing. Maybe they're all the size of cherries.

Part of me wonders if one of the abilities of his darkness fruit is to put a 'freeze' on the spirit of the escaping 'devil' ability like some sort of tractor beam that holds it in place/limbo/whatever, then he pops out a normal fruit he's been storing in his jacket and guides the wandering spirit to take over his onhand fruit. Then he just eats it and wham bam, you got yourself a new fruit user.

The problem with my theory is that it doesn't explain what Burgess was gonna do when he tried to gut Luffy like a fish back in Dressrosa, but at least it was fun to think about :v:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Have we ever got on-panel confirmation that eating two Devil Fruits really kills you?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No. But I hope the twist isnt that wack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The twist will be that eating two devil fruits does not actually kill you

now three devil fruits

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's no doubt my head a Celestial Prince tried making a slave doing this at some point or another.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If kaido wanted to die so bad why didnt he just eat another fruit? what an idiot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No Wave posted:

If kaido wanted to die so bad why didnt he just eat another fruit? what an idiot.

Tastes bad

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Kaido wanted to die in an awesome metal way not like some loser.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ChaseSP posted:

There's no doubt my head a Celestial Prince tried making a slave doing this at some point or another.

Yeah but they're making a dumb conclusion after having them eat the Slug Slug Fruit and the Salt Salt Fruit

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Someone ate the Cola Cola Fruit and the Poprocks Poprocks Fruit and exploded!!!"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kaido has a strong gag reflex that prevents him from eating a second fruit, no matter how hard he tries

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like the idea that you can totally eat multiple fruits, you just can't eat more than one of a classification. So a maximum of 3 fruits. It's just that like 90% of all devil fruits are paramecia, and any experiments probably had people eating two paramecias.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Funky Valentine posted:

"Someone ate the Cola Cola Fruit and the Poprocks Poprocks Fruit and exploded!!!"

Franky eats the ColaCola fruit and becomes the most powerful being in One Piece until Luffy purses his lips into the shape of a silly straw and drinks him.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Did you just make a Luffy/Franky blowjob post

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Not intentionally but Gomu Gomu no Glizzy Gobbler is in character....

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bisse posted:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cat Machine posted:

get this guy a job at TCBscans

Hed have to color it first

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bisse posted:

Best break posts we've had in awhile.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm gonna eat the Quake III Quake III Fruit

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
I kinda feel if the whole "eating 2 fruits kill you" thing was a lie, then the other Blackbeard captains would also be sporting multiple fruits.
It does seem to be something unique to Blackbeard himself at this point.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Three fruits will kill him! Three fruits will kill him! I shouldn't feed him, three fruits!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Three fruits will fill him! Three fruits will thrill him! Why don't you feed him, three fruits?!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does the timeline align enough for Blackbeard to be a Xebec clone? I feel he's too old for that right?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Blackbeard is 40 years old and The Rocks Pirates got their asses whooped 38 years ago. Dont think he's a clone, he looks nothing like what we've seen of Rocks so far.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Decent chance he’s a son or some other kind of relative. If not blood related he definitely seems to be leaning towards the Luffy to Rocks’ Roger type of inherited will.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

We’re gonna find out his laugh has actually been Xehahaha this whole time

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Gyges posted:

I like the idea that you can totally eat multiple fruits, you just can't eat more than one of a classification. So a maximum of 3 fruits. It's just that like 90% of all devil fruits are paramecia, and any experiments probably had people eating two paramecias.

Nah that would be lame and it wouldn't make sense for Vegapunk to have overlooked such an obvious possibility. I don't remember if this has been already addressed, but it wouldn't surprise me if Vegapunk was the one who came up with the classification system in the first place.

That being said, it IS kinda conspicuous that the two-fruit explosion lore has not been mentioned since Enies Lobby. I suspect that the explanation will strongly hint at what makes Blackbeard special, and Oda is keeping that particular card close to his chest until he's ready to make the big reveal.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

JahRoo posted:

Decent chance he’s a son or some other kind of relative. If not blood related he definitely seems to be leaning towards the Luffy to Rocks’ Roger type of inherited will.

Right, inherited will would explain why he’s so driven - something has to, Oda wouldn’t let this plot end without a tragic backstory flashback.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I like that Blackbeard is using exploits and speed run tactics to get himself to becoming the pirate king in a really sort amount of time

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

he prepared for it so long it’s more like a TAS

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Really bad RNG on how long it took for the darkness fruit to spawn but after that it's been smooth sailing

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I support the Cerberus Zoan theory.

The funny thing is that this implies Orochi had the potential to become extremely dangerous. Though maybe not; I suspect that in addition to the hard limit of one DF per neck, there’s a chance of weird medical complications from multiple DFs that weren’t meant to be used together; eating multiple Logias is probably inadvisable no matter how many heads you have, for instance.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eustace posted:

Really bad RNG on how long it took for the darkness fruit to spawn but after that it's been smooth sailing

Also that someone else grabbed it first, I kinda doubt being on the Whitebeard Pirates’ shitlist was a part of his master plan even if everything just always works out for him by just winging it hard.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I think he always planned to quit the Whitebeard Pirates eventually and start his own crew, but yes, I think he hoped to leave on more amicable terms than after killing a Division Commander.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blackbeard is so reasonable/rational that I'm surprised he straight up killed the guy. I guess it was a tough fight or something and he didnt have a way around him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doesn't Teach outright say during his confrontation with Ace that he'd have been perfectly content hanging out on Whitebeard's crew if Thatch hadn't grabbed the Dark Dark Fruit?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I understood it to mean that he'd have lived out his whole life waiting for the darkness fruit there (and it would have been fine). But finding that fruit meant his dream was alive and it was time to do whatever it is he's up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

HerraS posted:

Blackbeard is 40 years old and The Rocks Pirates got their asses whooped 38 years ago. Dont think he's a clone, he looks nothing like what we've seen of Rocks so far.

maybe he's his son? all the "draw x character when they're a kid" pics oda did of blackbeard shows him crying and looking mad