Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
usopps about to take center stage at elbaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

starting a new religion is a perfect manifestation of the liar's haki

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Last Celebration posted:

I’m not dismissing Film Red for being “non-canon” or whatever but it does feel weird we only had the one panel of it manifesting in Dressrosa and none of the other setup like how when Luffy’s haki manifested he kept knocking people out whenever he got emotional (or even when just telling a bull to chill out) and Coby just couldn’t stop hearing people’s thoughts which is why he had his big moment in Marineford to begin with.

Conqueror's Haki works differently than the other Haki, so we can disregard Luffy unconsciously exhibiting it before mastering it. However the use of it seems to be universally the same. Knock weak dudes out, make cool Haki appear because you're a boss.

Armament Haki seems pretty universal. You just coat an object or your body part with it.

Observation Haki on the other hand seems to depend on what you're using it for. It boosts you observational abilities. Coby awoke his via audio stimulation, expanding what he heard until he could hear the whole island. Usopp apparently awoke his at Dessrosa, where he kept focusing his vision on a specific point. Not only did Usopp awaken Observation Haki with a different sense, he also was doing the complete opposite of Coby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

starting a new religion is a perfect manifestation of the liar's haki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yfi5NiIrg

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Let's do a count

Luffy: Fruit, Haki

Zoro: Haki

Nami: neither, though does have a Fruit powered weapon (sort of)

Usopp: maybe Haki? (I can recall only one time he might have used it and nothing since)

Sanji: Haki

Chopper: Fruit

Robin: Fruit

Franky: neither

Brook: Fruit

Jimbe: Haki

So that's 4 Fruits and 4/5 Haki.

Wasn't Robin's devil mode Haki infused

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kild posted:

Wasn't Robin's devil mode Haki infused

Nope! It's even red in the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcS1iSiBNk

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I mean, it could be Haki infused AND red

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Robin owns

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ye

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

robin is top tier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Countblanc posted:

which chapter is the one where luffy does the "so its a mystery" gag again

604 is where it's a bunch of them including Luffy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Usopp making that impossible shot and the reveal of what he was aiming for/to do in Dressrosa was such a great loving moment and callback.

Hell yeah she does.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Usopp and Van Augur could have a fight where it is Observation Haki vs Warping Devil Fruit, and that's probably one of the easier final matchups to predict.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I feel like we can assume that all the Strawhats have learned to use some form of Haki offscreen at this point. I can't imagine Robin didn't learn how to use it in the 2 years she spent with the Revolutionary Army, for example

Nami's ability to predict the weather is probably tied to Observation Haki in some way too

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

blizzardvizard posted:

I feel like we can assume that all the Strawhats have learned to use some form of Haki offscreen at this point. I can't imagine Robin didn't learn how to use it in the 2 years she spent with the Revolutionary Army, for example

Nami's ability to predict the weather is probably tied to Observation Haki in some way too

It's because she's a witch.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

With the animal print top, isn't that big Lum energy?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

So are the drum things just a part of the Goro Goro no Mi? I thought they were part of Enel's back in the same way Yamato/Kaido come with horns.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hopefully Buggys crew finds out about Joyboy and thinks its Buggy because hes a clown

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Didn't Robin use haki when she turned into Lady Devilman to squash Black Maria?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

So are the drum things just a part of the Goro Goro no Mi? I thought they were part of Enel's back in the same way Yamato/Kaido come with horns.

Enel removed his wings and stuck the drum ring on his back.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Begemot posted:

Didn't Robin use haki when she turned into Lady Devilman to squash Black Maria?

No she just got some really heavy shading, it's not the distinctive shiny black haki gets.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Can I just say I love how Law's loss is framed as something he and his crew can recover from with time, while Kid's loss is framed as something that severely cripples his and his crew's status as bigshot pirates and his own ambitions?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Folt The Bolt posted:

Can I just say I love how Law's loss is framed as something he and his crew can recover from with time, while Kid's loss is framed as something that severely cripples his and his crew's status as bigshot pirates and his own ambitions?

The straw hat pirates got ‘eradicated’ or some poo poo too so I wouldnt think too much on that

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
They seem equally hosed to me when it comes to recovering to big shot status. Yeah, Law's escape was a slightly less brutal defeat, but it was kind of necessary for Oda to allow him to get away in order to avoid having Blackbeard murder him. Shanks on the other hand is more merciful and it's believable for him to allow Kid to live as long as he doesn't present an immediate threat. Law is more likely to remain a relevant character because of his D, but I don't see him as a serious pirate king contender when he's been set so far back.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Both the Kid and the Heart Pirates are out of the running but unless Kid n' Killer are genuinely dead the former will eventually reassemble themselves, if with difficulty since they're trapped on a island that hates them. But Elbaf is a place the Strawhats are going very inevitably, and in a fairly short time span so we'll see how just how broken they are.

Maybe Buggy will make landfall first and they'll join Crossguild.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Law can recover in a sense, but between healing from his wounds, getting a new ship, and tracking down his other crew members, he's going to fall pretty far behind the current Four Emperors now that they're all actively focused on getting One Piece. He might be a cover story protagonist while he's getting his crew back, and then maybe he'll be an ally in the final battle against the World Government, but that's about it.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 29, 2023

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Law has the superpower of "being really really really really popular" on his side.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

The straw hat pirates got ‘eradicated’ or some poo poo too so I wouldnt think too much on that

"utterly defeated" and it took them two years to recover.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

Law has the superpower of "being really really really really popular" on his side.

That's enough to make him a cover story protagonist. It's not enough to keep him a serious rival to Luffy.

Njashi9
Nov 2, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

If anything I think Law got off worse, since although he and Bepo got away, the rest of his crew is now at Blackbeard's mercy. Surrendering to Shanks is far preferable.

My current bet is that Kidd and Law are still going to have some presence in the final race towards the One Piece. Shanks will keep Kid and Killer on his ship since they would be to dangerous to be left imprisoned on Elbaf, and Law will end up pledging himself to Buggy.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

no way law joins cross guild before straw hats

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Njashi9 posted:

Law will end up pledging himself to Buggy.
why would he do this

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah no way would anyone so brooding and self serious ally themselves with Buggy the Clown

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Law really likes clowns

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Njashi9 posted:

If anything I think Law got off worse, since although he and Bepo got away, the rest of his crew is now at Blackbeard's mercy. Surrendering to Shanks is far preferable.

My current bet is that Kidd and Law are still going to have some presence in the final race towards the One Piece. Shanks will keep Kid and Killer on his ship since they would be to dangerous to be left imprisoned on Elbaf, and Law will end up pledging himself to Buggy.

Like you said, besides Bepo and Law himself, Law's crew is at the mercy of Blackbeard, but I think that is actually the more favourable condition for them compared to the Kid Pirates vs. Shanks. As far as we know, none of the Heart Pirates save for Law are Devil Fruit users, and Blackbeard expressed interest in Law's Devil Fruit for monetary purposes. Considering the Op Op Fruit is one of the most sought after fruits in One Piece world, it would be more beneficial for Blackbeard to keep the rest of his crew alive at the very least so he'd have something to bait Law with. As the Rocky Port pirates are with Blackbeard now, I think it'd also make sense for Blackbeard to ensure Law himself is fully at his mercy and at his base, before he kills him and takes his fruit. Bepo's second wind with indirect help from Chopper foiled it this time, but Blackbeard is nothing if not patient, and might see a chance to get them in their clutches again. Contrast Shanks who, when he saw what Kid was going to do, wasted no time and ensured there'd be no second chances for Kid.

Now, no ship and just one crewmember to his name might seem like impossible odds for Law to overcome to get back his crew and status, but both him and his strongest subordinate managed a clean escape in a battle that should have resulted in certain annihilation of them and their crew, unlike the Kid Pirates. So instead of being "utterly eradicated", they were instead "utterly defeated" which, as the Luffy Pirates have proved, is not an insurmountable setback to recover from so long as you go about it with the right idea. Law recovering his crew, and maybe even getting a new ship too, are things I would not say is out of the plans. It also helps that Law is a great deal smarter than Kid too, so it isn't impossible for him to pull it off with what he's got compared to Kid wasting his own bigshot status and potential to his own vices.

As for Kid and Killer, maybe we'll see them again. That said, utter defeat and utter eradication are two different things; the former indicates a chance to recover, while the second does not.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Njashi9 posted:

Shanks is merciful to friends but not towards people who threaten them. He seems like the type that when it's time to get serious he goes all the way. So I don't think we can assume he showed them mercy.

So there's a non-zero chance that Kidd/Killer are just dead now.

Roger did kill entire crews so it's not out of the question.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think everyone is forgetting something incredibly important here

RIP Law's hat

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
oh no now law is stuck wearing his worse looking pre-timeskip hat (if it wasn't destroyed along with the rest of the polar tang)

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Countblanc posted:

usopp should give a fruit to Kabuto

preferably something stupid like the jacket jacket fruit

No this is the best idea I have heard for the jacket jacket fruit, Usopp wearing something that could give him the ability to shoot without having to hold the weapon, hands free for more giant hammers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I don't know if objects can eat anything but zoan fruits, but it's been a minute since we had Vegapunk rattling off Devil Fruit Facts