Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
is the feed fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

good episode of trashfuture, no prizes for guessing why

It's the last one? :madmax:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

AloePieceOfShit posted:

Just listened to the new Champagne Sharks. It was about the endless content and people being addicted to it.

One thing that stuck out to me was how the guest of that ep pointed out how many derivatives (for lack of a better term) there are for content. Stuff like articles, YT videos, remakes, and reaction streams (all being monotized) to stuff an artist creates. They said it creates a weird incentive to not even create anything new.

Probably nothing new to people here, but found it interesting.

i like jessa crispin a lot, her old podcast (public intellectual) was uneven but she usually has an interesting view

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Telluric Whistler posted:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
congrats to mx. belden on their impending transition

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Telluric Whistler posted:

hope you make your good post soon

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gato posted:

Eleanor Janega? She's on twitter as @GoingMedieval but her podcast is called We're Not So Different. It's prety good imo, though the "1 expert + 1 lay person" setup means it can be a bit unfocused, and at least in the early episodes (I haven't caught up in a while) they're way too invested in Twitter arguments. They did a 23(!) part series on historical materialism I keep meaning to go back to.

Yeah, might check it out. I've gotten back into running and warframe lately so I expect to go through a lot of podcasts.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AloePieceOfShit posted:

Just listened to the new Champagne Sharks. It was about the endless content and people being addicted to it.

One thing that stuck out to me was how the guest of that ep pointed out how many derivatives (for lack of a better term) there are for content. Stuff like articles, YT videos, remakes, and reaction streams (all being monotized) to stuff an artist creates. They said it creates a weird incentive to not even create anything new.

Probably nothing new to people here, but found it interesting.

its so weird to me that after an episode of succession ends there is an advertisement for the official succession podcast. or like back when house of the dragon was on tv the ringer would do 2-3 hour recaps of each episode. liek the podcast is longer than the show! weird trend but people must be listening i guess.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Jel Shaker posted:

good episode of trashfuture, no prizes for guessing why

Milo is back from Australia

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

its so weird to me that after an episode of succession ends there is an advertisement for the official succession podcast. or like back when house of the dragon was on tv the ringer would do 2-3 hour recaps of each episode. liek the podcast is longer than the show! weird trend but people must be listening i guess.

podcasts fill a parasocial gap of discussing it with friends.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

the ringer has at least 2 shows rn recapping succession

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

genericnick posted:

Listened to the first Hell on Earth appendix and kind of liked the guest. Her pod any good? GoingMedieval causes some spark in the memory neurons, but nothing comes of it.

matt was on their pod to talk about hell on earth:

crepeface posted:

matt talks about the 30 years war pod with other history nerds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WBfGfiiC0E

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I loved Agnus, the Late Antiquity podcast, but it’s over now.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

hope you make your good post soon

Here in the podcast thread we are working on the greatest of goon projects: A good post

Still WIP

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
is this a good post?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Blisster posted:

is this a good post?

There’s no such thing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

catching up on bein ian and i just got to the episode where jordan hocks a loogie into ian's mouth on camera, then jeremiah watkins hocks a massive loogie into jordan's mouth

incredible brains on display. stand-up comedians ftw.

i hardly listen to the patreon because they are so dumb and unsubbed but then realized it was important to give them 5 dollars in order to bind them into a crowdsourced demonic contract to force them to continue

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

i hardly listen to the patreon because they are so dumb and unsubbed but then realized it was important to give them 5 dollars in order to bind them into a crowdsourced demonic contract to force them to continue

praxis :patriot:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dmitri-9 posted:

Milo is back from Australia

Hope that turned out for him. He sounded like he was sweating ticket sales before he left.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hes not even a bad comic, but gently caress me Trashfuture is mostly shite

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wrong

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's all shite

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I liked Riley's book episodes back in the day. Thats pretty much it.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Liam is worse than Alice

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Liam "I could beat up Felix Biederman" Meisner

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

which is the epic troop guy

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Popy posted:

which is the epic troop guy

felix

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Liam "I could beat up Felix Biederman" Meisner

I imagine the fight would be like two 12 year olds having their first fight so who could say who'd win that fight. But it would be funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

I imagine the fight would be like two 12 year olds having their first fight so who could say who'd win that fight. But it would be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggXgx3icSg

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bit rude of felix to take the piss out of kamala sounding all drugged up and slurring her words when he too goes to work drugged up and slurs his words

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Game recognize game.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i enjoyed the chapo bit today where they discussed their coronation character builds

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

i enjoyed the chapo bit today where they discussed their coronation character builds

I thought it went on too long but it was better than the wonking off session that came later

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jel Shaker posted:

bit rude of felix to take the piss out of kamala sounding all drugged up and slurring her words when he too goes to work drugged up and slurs his words

slurring the slurs

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

I liked Riley's book episodes back in the day. Thats pretty much it.

They resurrected the book club as Writtenology. Riley and Alice did a pretty good analysis/critique of "How to See Like a State".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

as a rogue all that poo poo is vendor trash

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dmitri-9 posted:

They resurrected the book club as Writtenology. Riley and Alice did a pretty good analysis/critique of "How to See Like a State".

the one about the British spy in the ussr and balkans was entertaining. kinda want to read it.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

KomradeX posted:

Felix is an MMA obsessive who works out every day, Liam is a tubby computer toucher with a stuffy nose. You don't need to be Lefty Rosenthal to set the Vegas odds on that one.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

Felix is an MMA obsessive who works out every day, Liam is a tubby computer toucher with a stuffy nose. You don't need to be Lefty Rosenthal to set the Vegas odds on that one.

A gym rat that likes to watch MMA doesn't mean hes a fighter or knows how to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its great because felix is talking about dark souls builds while matt is talking about pen and paper D&D builds and they are all talking past each other.