Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zwille posted:

lol the figures sorta look like rear end. I was gonna get one for the batbike but will probably pass unless they look much better in person

i hope someone gets both of these and makes Darkclaw from the Amalgam Comics stuff Marvel and DC did together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/1f7a16b7-1966-46ae-b0ad-85fbe28be9aa
The next round of ideas sets:
Favorites for me are botanical gardens, shiny train, sperm whale, and the geode. But this geode kinda sucks. Comes with a cool hammer tho.

Soryuz too, but no way that gets made in this climate.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Catan and Daft Punk are the only ones that interest me.

I just know that if they do Daft Punk it'll be a super small run and be impossible to get at retail price.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I’d buy the portal gun instantly, the sea turtle is also really awesome looking.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Godzilla is the only correct answer.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I love how the E.T. set looks like he's on stage doing a 90s stand up routine

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can't tell these Ideas reviews apart any more. It seems like every one is the same mish mash or overdone modulars, tv shows and other IP, and one or two new creations. Once again I will say LEGO needs to revamp how they do this stuff. I'd bet that the review team is also kinda sick of immediately filtering out 2/3 of the submissions, as well. There was something in there that looked cool but I forgot what it was by the time I finished the list and didn't want to go through the list again to find it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/749b6854-2215-41c4-b8ee-d67b369db110

how the heck did this get 10k?

also, that Elf the movie set is almost comical in how wasteful it is - feel like they really could have stood to forgo accuracy for the sake of making something more dense and evocative. (and also not trying to include every single character for like 15 minifigs total)

As strange as it feels to say... the naruto set feels like one of the better IP builds? Like, from lack of familiarity Im not sure if it's just a very lazy lift from the anime, but it feels more visually interesting/unique from all the various sitcom building layouts, and it feels like there a good texture/variety to the building - apparently they clock it around 1600 pieces which feels more reasonable then some other building-builds.

Robotic Mech Factory looks really creative and different from the typical thing that hits 10k. Maybe a bit "chaotic" and I can't judge the piece count, but I do like the vibe.

I dig the Sawmill, but I almost feel like they're cheating with the animated photo. Some fun ideas, but might be a touch big.

The Dr Seuss set is a fun idea too - while I don't personally like sets that are a pile of minibuilds, it feels like a really good angle for the idea they're going for.

I like the vibe of the medievel seaside market, but I almost feel like it could stand to be condensed a bit.

The multi-tool is cute, but probably to small to be anything other then a bonus GWP kind of thing.

I'm amused 2 Shrek's Swamps made it in.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FBS posted:

I love how the E.T. set looks like he's on stage doing a 90s stand up routine

What's the deal with phoning home?
I used to have to have to convince a kid with recess pieces to loan me his record player. Now I just grab one from the Lost and found. And no one points a gun at me.
Sorry, walky talkie.
Your planet is so weird.
Nah I'm kidding. I love Earth. Who here is from Earth?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Some of the IP sets are right up my alley but they're all kind of lackluster as actual builds. The whale one is really cool and different, but idk how much appeal it'd have on the mass market.

Like poo poo I'm thinking about just copying the style for some MOCs.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

New Dreamzzz set leaked.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have there been others? That looks pretty cool.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Have there been others? That looks pretty cool.

We've seen minifigures, sticker sheets and promo material before but as far as I know that's the first actual set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm the mushroom guy trying to air out my stinky armpits.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm getting my yearly bonus this month, and the only thing stopping me from dropping a few hundred on a UCS is my lack of display space.

I'll just buy like five more Speed Champions instead :shepspends:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How are there TWO shrek swamp sets? And two stargate sets.

Out of those, I enjoyed the LED Lamp, Portal 2 gun, astronaut, mech factory, and the vintage radio.

The multitool looks cool, but I don't think you can actually connect the brick separator to something like that. The Iron Giant looks neat, but there have already been several failed Iron Giant sets. But I also already made my own anyway.

Some of those are definitely just an IP that people like and everyone decided to vote for it despite it looking like poo poo. That Harry Styles one reminds me of that Queen set of that ugly, barren house. I'm sure it means something to big fans, but it's a trash set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Executor isn't a limited release or anything right? Shouldn't be any reason we can't snag it down the line?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

New Dreamzzz set leaked.

think this and those 3-in-1 sets are the best lookin stuff of the new bunch. gimme all the dreamzzzz

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

At one point I thought I wished I could've bought every new modular town set, but what I really wish is that I had bought all of the 3-in-1 town, home, fun, vehicle, etc sets over the years and a bunch of roadplates and built the fuckin' rad Lego city I'd always dreamed of.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I would prefer if the new 3-in-1 streetscape was slightly deeper (like the previous Cafe/Pet Store or Toy Shop) but it's going to be great for mocs.

veni veni veni posted:

The Executor isn't a limited release or anything right? Shouldn't be any reason we can't snag it down the line?

Yeah it'll be around for ages.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The Lego moon art display looked kinda cool.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7e3aba97-8029-4460-ad66-7d31e3ba9478

No idea if it has any real hope of getting through, but seems well done, and somewhat original. It would potentially fit in with the other art displays that Lego does.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

New Dreamzzz set leaked.

This is really cool, can't wait for more!

Edit: They better print those face and eye pieces!

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 2, 2023

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

New City sets and it looks like a really strong wave.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

New Dreamzzz set leaked.

What in tarnation.

Is this LEGO's answer to Centaurworld?

Because....I'd dig it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oooh, I like a lot of those. Lego finally getting around to the question ‘what else exists in cities apart from cops?’

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

WOAH I had heard some rumors about what this line would look like, but this wave is seriously impressive. From awesome arctic/deep sea to actually nice looking city buildings. Tons of awesome animals, I'll finally be able to get one of the bigger great white sharks! I'm not expecting the prices to be too great.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Woah, the City sets have really gone hard this year.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/jayong28/status/1653286177162813440

https://twitter.com/jayong28/status/1653251210240200704

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Those are great

Cannot wait to see EllieV's reaction, especially to the rainbow tower.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy poo poo....... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! GOD drat those are so good! I can't wait to see different angles of the Botanical Garden.

Lego Friends: How many sets do you want multiple of to modularize? Bet you weren't expecting this.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Where are all the new Belville sets tho :colbert:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Belville will always be weird, not Galidor weird, but still very weird. Lots of cool exclusive and hyper limited pieces though. The Disney princess microdoll line definitely lines up with Belville, although the sets are somehow significantly less pink overall.

But more like "What happened to Paradisa?". Oh yeah, Friends has been slaying that niche for years and is only getting better, staggeringly so truth be told.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BaconCopter posted:

Holy poo poo....... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! GOD drat those are so good! I can't wait to see different angles of the Botanical Garden.

Lego Friends: How many sets do you want multiple of to modularize? Bet you weren't expecting this.

You'll need at least two of the conservatory to make it a full dome. I can't wait to try it out. Day one purchase for me.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

New Dreamzzz set leaked.

I had some worries that Dreamzzz wasn't going to be out-there risk-taking sets, y'know nothing exciting, mid in a word, but uh this has 200% turned me around on it, I am actively looking forward to this theme now.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Dreamzzz is definitely starting out strong. A lot of the hypothetical leaks sounded like they had massive potential and this has me excited for the rest of the line!

PriorMarcus posted:

You'll need at least two of the conservatory to make it a full dome. I can't wait to try it out. Day one purchase for me.

Exactly! The Botanical Garden is especially impressive to me, eerily like that recent Ideas approval, but much more simple. I really enjoyed this smaller Youtuber's video where he challenged himself to make a proper modular Unity Street in 12 hours using two copies of the set. The end result is pretty fantastic, significantly more impressive than most official modulars imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PSt2MHh-Ps

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/1f7a16b7-1966-46ae-b0ad-85fbe28be9aa
The next round of ideas sets:
Favorites for me are botanical gardens, shiny train, sperm whale, and the geode. But this geode kinda sucks. Comes with a cool hammer tho.

Soryuz too, but no way that gets made in this climate.

Why are there 2 Stargate sets...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, there's a Wawally?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

his name is Odlaw

only flaw, a real Where's Wally sets really needs to come with 3 or 4 minifigs that look like Wally but a little off

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yeah I'm down for the Shark Factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Dreamzzz officially revealed. These look amazing.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2023/05/02/lego-reveals-new-dreamzzz-theme-with-10-trippy-sets-and-tie-in-show-news/

MarxCarl fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 2, 2023