Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Hey, i spot vehicle fender/mudguards in sand green!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
It's going to take a hell of a lot of work for me to make the old gravity games snowboard halfpipe and boardercross sets not look like pieces of poo poo compared to that new ski jump/rock wall in this year's winter village. Can't wait for it though!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Turtle bus! Roller skating rabbit! All the little mushroom people! I love it

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wow, those Dreamzzz sets all look really neat. The turtle bus and the giant skating rabbit and the nightmare shark ship are some real highlights. Super fun and creative sets, hope they do more than one wave of it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

quote:

DreamZzz follows a group of middle school students who are drawn into the Dream World and discover that their science teacher is a member of the Night Bureau. They must learn how to use their Dream Crafting powers, become Dream Crafters, and help to protect the world of dreams from the Nightmare King.

I thought it was just an excuse to make some wacky and cool sets. drat I want a lot of those.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Sea Lily posted:

Wow, those Dreamzzz sets all look really neat. The turtle bus and the giant skating rabbit and the nightmare shark ship are some real highlights. Super fun and creative sets, hope they do more than one wave of it.

Love the creativity on all of these, gotta get a turtle bus.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
When it rains it pours, even more reveals abound. Dreamzzz turned out to be pretty awesome!

Lego Store Exclusives, including a $50 upscaled buildable minifig:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135ms60/creator_lego_store_exclusive_sets_revealed_from/

Next Monkie Kid wave:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135mssm/monkie_kid_june_wave_from_lego/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Any leaks for a creator expert car?

I hope the upscaled minifig cracks the torso if you pull the arm off.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
my daughter is 100% going to want that Pegasus.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

xzzy posted:

Any leaks for a creator expert car?

I hope the upscaled minifig cracks the torso if you pull the arm off.

I think creator expert cars have been rebranded to Icons. And the most recent addition is the Land Rover Classic Defender 90. Since it just came out, I would imagine it’s going to be awhile before another gets released.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/land-rover-classic-defender-90-10317

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/1f7a16b7-1966-46ae-b0ad-85fbe28be9aa
The next round of ideas sets:
Favorites for me are botanical gardens, shiny train, sperm whale, and the geode. But this geode kinda sucks. Comes with a cool hammer tho.

Soryuz too, but no way that gets made in this climate.

there's a lot of bullshit on here but the vintage radio and the moon (earth's companion) are baller sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The store exclusive Land Rover Defender looks better, IMO, than the icons one.

Dreamzz reminds me of Time Cruisers. The treehouse looks pretty cool. It's fun stuff.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

The technic one? Very different products, really.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Waltzing Along posted:

Dreamzz reminds me of Time Cruisers. The treehouse looks pretty cool. It's fun stuff.

Lol. I agree, but it's a little more bespoke thankfully.

Time Cruisers is more like KFC trying to come up with new menu items to shift surplus ingredients (it's an uncut slab of dinner rolls, stuffed with popcorn chicken and corn chips!)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

When it rains it pours, even more reveals abound. Dreamzzz turned out to be pretty awesome!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135ms60/creator_lego_store_exclusive_sets_revealed_from/

hosed up they didn't call it a "Big Fig" (edit: it dawns on me other stuff is already called big figs, but still.)

Orvin posted:

I think creator expert cars have been rebranded to Icons. And the most recent addition is the Land Rover Classic Defender 90. Since it just came out, I would imagine it’s going to be awhile before another gets released.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/land-rover-classic-defender-90-10317
Eh, last year ICONS saw multiple vehicles - the Vespa in March, the DeLoreon in April, and the Camero in August.
The year before was the Camper, Pickup and Porche.

IMO the Porche or Camper and Camero most closely fit the "creator car" they do annually, and I feel pretty safe assuming the Land Rover is not filling the traditional creator car slot.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I just finished my Ninjago Seabound display... surely I can somehow squeeze in the Monkie Kid underwater palace for a crossover episode.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

The printed headlight jumper plates are very neat. Shame they didn't give us those City mudguards in bright light orange, though.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BaconCopter posted:

Ist that just the pic or are the proportions off?
Also probably the most boring minifig they could come up with.

I still really want that lego captain.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Borsche69 posted:

there's a lot of bullshit on here but the vintage radio and the moon (earth's companion) are baller sets.
I think the Moon thing is a straight rip of an old National Geographic poster

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Chris Knight posted:

Wow, that's dangerous. I wonder how many resources Lego has to put into figuring out if they can legally make a bunch of these ideas.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chris Knight posted:

And that Nat Geo poster? A complete rip off of the actual moon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

I still really want that lego captain.

Yeah, I might have to do a Billund run this year.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

IMO the Porche or Camper and Camero most closely fit the "creator car" they do annually, and I feel pretty safe assuming the Land Rover is not filling the traditional creator car slot.

Same. To me, whichever one comes out in August is the "creator expert" car. Maybe that's not accurate anymore but I'm still expecting an announcement for one soon.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They might still call it that! Maybe it was a branding deal for Land Rover or something.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chris Knight posted:

Isn't it a plaque left on the moon....or on the appolo craft themselves?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My SWDay order arrived today. Wow, that was fast.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

HootTheOwl posted:

Isn't it a plaque left on the moon....or on the appolo craft themselves?

Why would we leave a plaque of the moon on the moon?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cojawfee posted:

How would we leave a plaque of the moon if we've never been on the moon?

Fixed that for ya

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
For reference, here's the plaque attached to the apollo lander:

and this is the National Geographic poster Chris Knight was thinking of:

It uses some similar cues to the NatGeo design, though I wouldn't consider it a ripoff.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Cool yeah that's the one I was thinking of.

No harm no foul imo then

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Turtle van owns.

Shark boat owns.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

My SWDay order arrived today. Wow, that was fast.

That's drat fast, I just got a ship notice today for everything EXCEPT UCS X-Wing.

Are you in the Chicago area? Mine always seem to ship from around there.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
When I ordered my SW stuff the executor was still a pre-order for some reason. It shipped first and I’ve yet to receive a shipping confirmation for the rest :allears: (germany)

deoju posted:

Turtle van owns.

Shark boat owns.

For a second I thought they’d done another ninja turtles van but yeah that van is loving great, very tempted by the shark boat too. The Lego city underwater stuff is cool too!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

Next Monkie Kid wave:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135mssm/monkie_kid_june_wave_from_lego/

I guess you could get the instructions for that giant Lego fig and use it as the base to build more custom giant Lego figs..

In other news, I have a good handful of sets I think I would like to sell. I see that Bricklink is the reseller site of choice, but how long do listings tend to stay active before selling there? I have mostly Star Wars Episode 1 sets, does anyone care about those at all? I have all of the set codes:

1822 8050 7141 7127
6898 6899 6829 6264
7130 7155 7150 7166
7180 7140 7144 7128
7134 7146 7150 7101
6829 7121 7124 3439
7111 8000 8001 8237
8002 8858 7131 7106
7104 7115 7151 7186
7184 7161 7190

Almost all of them are in great condition, most of them with boxes and instructions, ad booklets, etc. I haven't put them all together to check, but I believe there are few if any missing pieces. If it's gonna be a bunch of faff and trouble to sell them online, I'll probably just take them to our local BricksAndMinifigs and just sell the lot and/or liquidate some of them into the kids' loose piece bins.

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 2, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It depends on your price. If you have the lowest price, and are in the US, your stuff will sell relatively quickly. Do a piece count for each of the sets and make sure they are complete.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

:psyduck:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I stand by my comment.

I know you can take all the crap off the big one to make it look a bit less like caca but I still don't like it much.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

I stand by my comment.

I know you can take all the crap off the big one to make it look a bit less like caca but I still don't like it much.

The Technic Land Rover was way better than the new one also

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Technic Land Rover was way better than the new one also

false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A Walmart near me has the 3 in 1 Castle for $70, which seems good.