Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

The Chad Jihad posted:

That's fair but like, the rates couldn't go negative! There was only one direction possible at that point! argh

10-year rates went down in a straight(ish) line for literally 40 years. Nobody wanted to take a profit hit by hedging against something that had never happened in their lifetimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

OpenSea dork successfully convicted by federal jury. legal precedent now set for going after NFT insider trading

https://twitter.com/crypto/status/1653871144565350402

Mustached Demon posted:

Best we can do is a bank oligarchy that owns the state

:yeah:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drake no: state owned bank

drake yes: bank owned state

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

drake no: state owned bank

drake yes: bank owned state

when banks own everything, everywhere is the company store

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

SEC to WSB: please, by all means

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1653875353197182976

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

when banks own everything, everywhere is the company store

Banks don't want to own the state, they want to pwn the state and pick from the scraps.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

lol if they turned off short selling but just for banks. That would be a huge vote of confidence. Number go up, not down! You can't bet that Number will go down!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

PerniciousKnid posted:

Banks don't want to own the state, they want to pwn the state and pick from the scraps.

Governing is a fuckload of boring work that doesn't generate profits, so in true capitalist fashion the banks outsource it to the politicians.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

CNBC noting extraordinary volume on the Pac West after hours sell off (down 60% ish). Already over half a days normal hours in the after hours (!)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If all these banks keep failing, perhaps the government should create a bank that operates at a national level?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They are. It is named JPMorgan

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

If all these banks keep failing, perhaps the government should create a bank that operates at a national level?

it’s called JPMorgan

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

They are. It is named JPMorgan

scooped :colbert:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I always knew First Republic would get rescued because it's the Rich People bank in beverly hills and some very wealthy people were probably way over $250k in there

Morbus
May 18, 2004

coelomate posted:

CNBC noting extraordinary volume on the Pac West after hours sell off (down 60% ish). Already over half a days normal hours in the after hours (!)

im sure it will be fine in the morning

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

holefoods posted:

eat the pennies, quizboy

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ArmZ posted:

postal banking ftw

postal banking more like banks going postal

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

what do we want

BANK DEATH

when do we want it

DURING MARKET HOURS

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Jaxyon posted:

I always knew First Republic would get rescued because it's the Rich People bank in beverly hills and some very wealthy people were probably way over $250k in there

what’s the dollar general of banks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Centrist Committee posted:

what’s the dollar general of banks

bofa, probably.

actually, citi

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Xaris posted:

bofa, probably.

actually, citi

Wells Fargo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the dollar general of banks is the bank that actually lets you talk to the guy who put a hold on your check.

those won't last.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1653314721192333320?s=20

“I think we’re getting to the point where it’s going to be that the only people who can afford to try to start a career in television or movies are going to be people who are independently wealthy already, which I don’t think is good for television or movies. I don’t think we want that,” Bob-Waksberg said.

"(Comcast, the corporation that owns NBCUniversal, is one of the entertainment companies represented by the trade group. Some editorial employees of NBCUniversal's news division are represented by the Writers Guild of America.)"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ goons who started a anti-doomsday thread

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1653873317110071305?s=20

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

im no economist but i think “get paid for loaning money” is just regular kind positive rates

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this prodromal schizophrenia?

my cousin wants to be a "disney travel agent" and she told me some of the tricks and apparently there is a whole industry of people whose job it is to help people navigate the intense labyrinthian complexity that is a disney vacation

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1653314721192333320?s=20

“I think we’re getting to the point where it’s going to be that the only people who can afford to try to start a career in television or movies are going to be people who are independently wealthy already, which I don’t think is good for television or movies. I don’t think we want that,” Bob-Waksberg said.

We already did that with public service and with journalism

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i1FpcGzvU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

my cousin wants to be a "disney travel agent" and she told me some of the tricks and apparently there is a whole industry of people whose job it is to help people navigate the intense labyrinthian complexity that is a disney vacation

I know two different people that do that as a side gig. People pay them money to plan out each day to the minute and tell them all the tricks to avoid spending time in lines.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Monetizing being a Disney Adult.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I accidentally dated a disney adult once. she was nice and didn't mind that I wasn't into disney stuff but then she found out I hadn't seen harry potter and that was the straw that broke the camel's back

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Defunctland did an amazing documentary on how Disney’s line policy works. The basic summary is the current system has the same amount of waiting, it’s just absorbed by people without expertise or who don’t wanna pay ridiculous fees on top of everything.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I went to disney exactly one time in my life and i figured it would be the only time so I was like "cram it in, make it good" - made sure it was off seasons but landed during some food / wine events and some goon on here in the travel forum had the whole vacation thing going. this was in like 2014? Honestly I would never go again because im really NOT into disney or theme parks but now ive done it and I know that. Anyway, the travel goon did a good job.

Im also allergic to pineapple and any time you talk to a disney theme park weirdo theyll tell you how important DOLE WHIPS are which are just some kind of pineapple shake and it was hilarious to watch people who I know are big disney theme park people get empathetically sad for me over that.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
my favorite part about disney world was the hundreds of fat people on scooters because the parks are big and you have to walk everywhere.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

holefoods posted:

I accidentally dated a disney adult once. she was nice and didn't mind that I wasn't into disney stuff but then she found out I hadn't seen harry potter and that was the straw that broke the camel's back

Why would that be a dealbreaker instead of an opportunity to get you to watch Harry Potter

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why would that be a dealbreaker instead of an opportunity to get you to watch Harry Potter

Phrenology hat selection in the tinder bio

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Stereotype posted:

my favorite part about disney world was the hundreds of fat people on scooters because the parks are big and you have to walk everywhere.

7-8 miles of walking a day is a lot for the average American suburbanite.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Would you want to date a (ugh) muggle??

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Golden Bee posted:

7-8 miles of walking a day is a lot for the average American suburbanite.

It was honestly a lot of walking, especially the way we did it. I clocked over 100k steps in 4 days. We were sleeping like 6 hours a night. it was brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Oh man, First Republic a couple days ago & now Pacwest Bancorp. Anyone know anything about Western Alliance?

https://twitter.com/rcwhalen/status/1653429363675635718