Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

watched infernal affairs last night and it ruled. its my wifes birthday tonight so were gonna watch fantastic mr fox for that.

finally watched it 2 days ago and wish I’d seen infernal affairs before I saw the departed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and John Wick: Chapter 4 back-to-back and I thought they were both pretty good.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Fantastic Mr Fox ftw.

I been thinking about it a lot

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably my favorite OST in a Wes film but my favorite of his movies is Moonrise Kingdom. New England camping nostalgia hoype.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

moonrise kingdom is so good

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's also my fav Wes Anderson

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1. life aquatic
2. moonrise kingdom
3. fantastic mr. fox
4. royal tenanbaums

havent seen grand budapest hotel or darjeeling limited though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

1. life aquatic
2. moonrise kingdom
3. fantastic mr. fox
4. royal tenanbaums

Those two have names that make it hard for me to remember if I fell asleep watching them or if I just thought I would. Is Darjeeling the one where Luke Wilson Is Sad. If so I might of seen lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

1. life aquatic
2. moonrise kingdom
3. fantastic mr. fox
4. royal tenanbaums

i'm not dying to see it again but grand budapest hotel feels like what he's been working towards his entire career and ralph finnes is cool so i'd say it's worth your time. nice list tho

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Those two have names that make it hard for me to remember if I fell asleep watching them or if I just thought I would. Is Darjeeling the one where Luke Wilson Is Sad. If so I might of seen lol.

yeah he's sad in india and so is adrian brody, not my favorite

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
darjeeling limited is Owen Wilson is Sad. Luke Wilson being sad is royal tenenbaums

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

1. life aquatic
2. moonrise kingdom
3. fantastic mr. fox
4. royal tenanbaums

Good list. GBH is really good, Darjeeling is probably the weakest but still okay. I haven’t seen the last couple though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

darjeeling limited is Owen Wilson is Sad. Luke Wilson being sad is royal tenenbaums

Oh yeah. I knew I was close.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

oh yeah

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i really like pretty much all of wes anderson except i haven't seen french dispatch. isle of dogs was disappointing.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

French dispatch was great, probably near the top of my list

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Yea, French Dispatch was pretty cool. I really need to do a rewatch on Wes stuff so I can reank them properly because it's been sec.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

i really like pretty much all of wes anderson except i haven't seen french dispatch. isle of dogs was disappointing.

il ike all the ones i've seen but i haven't seen most of them

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I don’t remember as much about them as the rest but bottle rocket and rushmore are good also

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Much like the Yakuza series, there are no bad Wes Anderson movies, just some that aren’t as good as others

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Isle of Dogs is my favorite

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

And bottle rocket has Andrew Wilson doing... something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

His new one looks kind of corny and he's just phoning it in. Isle of Dogs had that feeling too even w/ the animation and I didn't see french.

Grand Budapest is my favorite, followed by Rushmore then Moonrise.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i've only seen Tenenbaums & Mr. Fox and both were very good imo, hoip for Asteroid City tho

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Wormskull posted:

Fantastic Mr Fox ftw.

can report back and say it absolutely is ftw. :cheersdoge:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Grand Budapest is my favorite, followed by Rushmore then Moonrise.

French Dispatch feels the most similar to Grand Budapest (to me at least), I think you’d probably like it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watched Spartacus, Treasure of the Puta Madre, and now Hoosiers. TCM ftw other than when they get these losers on to jack off to Fred Astaire. gently caress that whack piece of poo poo. People were mad bored in the 30s.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Watched Spartacus, Treasure of the Puta Madre, and now Hoosiers. TCM ftw other than when they get these losers on to jack off to Fred Astaire. gently caress that whack piece of poo poo. People were mad bored in the 30s.

Lol but Top Hat is a fun picture.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I lost all respect for that era of Bros when I saw Take Me Out to the Ballgame or w/e and Frank and Dean(?) we’re singing and dancing to a 5 minute number about loving a 13 year old.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol but Top Hat is a fun picture.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

watched face/off with my friend, that was awesome

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bar Rescue. These fat dudes screaming at the bar owners is hype.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I lost all respect for that era of Bros when I saw Take Me Out to the Ballgame or w/e and Frank and Dean(?) we’re singing and dancing to a 5 minute number about loving a 13 year old.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012