Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Meadowhill posted:

I just had a fever dream of Cody winning at next years wrestlemania and Otis Miz's immediately cashing in the money in the bank thingy and winning. This is the golden path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Meadowhill posted:

I just had a fever dream of Cody winning at next years wrestlemania and Otis Omos immediately cashing in the money in the bank thingy and winning. This is the golden path.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Meadowhill posted:

I just had a fever dream of Cody winning at next years wrestlemania and Otis Big Ziggy immediately cashing in the money in the bank thingy and winning. This is the golden path.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

OH MY

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just know that if you put your hopes in something in wwe paying off you will be less down

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody losing because Brock killed him bothers me way less than Cody doing a promo where he basically "Well, Brock Lesnar beat the gently caress out of me, I called him a coward and we were in a fight for survival......where I attacked him before the bell,m then barely won by rolling him up while I was dead to rights in a submission and then running my rear end away. Now that that's over with, onto this belt!"

When Cody was getting punked out in extremely extravagant fashion, it was funny, but now he's just turning into another hamster-on-the-wheel death-by-a-thousand-cuts WWE midcard babyface who just keeps cutting stupid promos and being made to look like a chump by the heels for HEAT and they just get less cool every week and that's not really that funny, it's just slowly ruining a wrestler I like.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cody's hubris that this wouldn't happen to him is still funny, though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ALL of this is more preferable to Cody than staying in AEW and getting booed or turning heel

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The AEW thread informed me that C*dy is out of the running for the consolation title?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Cody losing because Brock killed him bothers me way less than Cody doing a promo where he basically "Well, Brock Lesnar beat the gently caress out of me, I called him a coward and we were in a fight for survival......where I attacked him before the bell,m then barely won by rolling him up while I was dead to rights in a submission and then running my rear end away. Now that that's over with, onto this belt!"

When Cody was getting punked out in extremely extravagant fashion, it was funny, but now he's just turning into another hamster-on-the-wheel death-by-a-thousand-cuts WWE midcard babyface who just keeps cutting stupid promos and being made to look like a chump by the heels for HEAT and they just get less cool every week and that's not really that funny, it's just slowly ruining a wrestler I like.

Actually he’s the too babyface of the company, very over, cuts great promos and has great matches. Sorry.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair WWE often has an internal list of "top babyfaces and heels" that you would never guess just by watching the actual show on tv. I'd heard recently they considered Karrion Kross the #2 Heel on Smackdown???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Actually he’s the too babyface of the company, very over, cuts great promos and has great matches. Sorry.

Think of as many top WWE babyfaces as you can.

Ask yourself how many of them do stuff like:
1) Lose at Wrestlemania,
2) Constantly get their rear end kicked by the heel
3) Only win because they got a flash pin to set up another angle where they get their rear end kicked by the heel.

Then loosen the straps on the copium mask and join the rest of us in reality.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the classic top babyface move of running away after a rollup pin so the heel doesn't whoop their rear end some more

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the classic top babyface move of running away after a rollup pin so the heel doesn't whoop their rear end some more

As Michael Cole literally calls you the gatekeeper.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They need to bring back the Codybox (like structure)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hear me out:

Cody rescued from the Bloodline by Robocop.

And not some Great Value Robocop. I’m talkin’ 75 year old Peter Weller in the restrictive, sweaty, movie-accurate Robocop suit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: loser cody

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

He's the new Daniel Bryan.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
turns they made a belt so that Seth Rollins can get a payoff for being insanely over while the absent champ is loving off?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

After setting an example for all the little Codesters out there, by beating the heel with chairs before the match starts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was just thinking, man cody really loves that "flash pin a guy while they do their finisher on him" spot huh

he did it to darby after getting hit with a coffin drop, he did it to penta after penta did the armsnapper, i'm like 90% sure he did it to someone who put him in a submission but i forget who

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonz posted:

Hear me out:

Cody rescued from the Bloodline by Robocop.

And not some Great Value Robocop. I’m talkin’ 75 year old Peter Weller in the restrictive, sweaty, movie-accurate Robocop suit.

Then he'll form a stable with braun as robocop 2 and shinsuke as one of the japanese robots from the third movie

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know how you can watch this lovely product and believe for a second Cody was going to do anything meaningful. He left WWE because they didn’t have anything for him and at least they’re probably paying him more this time but they still ain’t gonna do poo poo with him. They do that to everyone not named Cena or Roman Reigns. I can’t even give you the benefit of the doubt cause they have literally done the same thing for 2 decades or more.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cody will probably still win the loser fuckface nerd belt at some point in the future. It's actually moderately decent booking that they didn't just hand it to him immediately after he lost to Roman. I still wouldn't call it "meaningful" per se, but they'll probably give him a run with the lovely belt.

Brock does still rule, though.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1655742184660893696?s=20

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean if they have Cody go over Brock at NOC clean and not with a roll up but an actual dominant victory than yeah it's good booking but WWE gonna 50/50 book this

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Drakkel posted:

To be fair WWE often has an internal list of "top babyfaces and heels" that you would never guess just by watching the actual show on tv. I'd heard recently they considered Karrion Kross the #2 Heel on Smackdown???

Has Vince given him a new helmet* yet?

*not a penis

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t know how you can watch this lovely product and believe for a second Cody was going to do anything meaningful. He left WWE because they didn’t have anything for him and at least they’re probably paying him more this time but they still ain’t gonna do poo poo with him. They do that to everyone not named Cena or Roman Reigns. I can’t even give you the benefit of the doubt cause they have literally done the same thing for 2 decades or more.

He has been a huge draw and headliner he has done many meaningful things

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

turns they made a belt so that Seth Rollins can get a payoff for being insanely over while the absent champ is loving off?

And also you have an excuse to have another Rollins vs Cody match at like SummerSlam or something.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

Think of as many top WWE babyfaces as you can.

Ask yourself how many of them do stuff like:
1) Lose at Wrestlemania,
2) Constantly get their rear end kicked by the heel
3) Only win because they got a flash pin to set up another angle where they get their rear end kicked by the heel.

Then loosen the straps on the copium mask and join the rest of us in reality.

Don't forget winning big matches like the Royal Rumble by coming out at number 30 and beating the dastardly heel who was in at number 1 and had lasted over an hour.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Don't forget winning big matches like the Royal Rumble by coming out at number 30 and beating the dastardly heel who was in at number 1 and had lasted over an hour.

You could tell where this was headed the second he hit gunther in the balls

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

I’m expecting next years Rumble to run it back but with Cody at #1 and Gunther at #30.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God the piped-in, hair dryer crowd noise is so bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

i was just thinking, man cody really loves that "flash pin a guy while they do their finisher on him" spot huh

he did it to darby after getting hit with a coffin drop, he did it to penta after penta did the armsnapper, i'm like 90% sure he did it to someone who put him in a submission but i forget who

Jake Hager.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Cody rolling people up from their finishers is a good thing about him and should happen in wrestling way more. All the storyline “technical” wrestlers should be way more prepared for their opponents top move they constantly win with.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God the piped-in, hair dryer crowd noise is so bad.

Nobody gives a poo poo, look at them.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I love how WWE has embraced Loser Fuckface Nerd.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

0konner posted:

Cody rolling people up from their finishers is a good thing about him and should happen in wrestling way more. All the storyline “technical” wrestlers should be way more prepared for their opponents top move they constantly win with.

Babyface roll-ups are cool and can be a great finish when the babyface is like, defending a title or something. But the psychology of, Brock Lesnar attacked Cody from behind and beat the poo poo out of him, Cody wants revenge on him, they have this violent, bloody main event where they're trying to destroy each other and assert their respective dominance as the man at the top of the card and Cody gets his revenge and proves that he has surpassed Brock by tilting him over a bit while Brock is in the middle of breaking his arm and then running the gently caress away as fast as possible is bad wrestling psychology.

In Brock's last feud, with Bobby Lashley, they did the same finish. Lashley had Brock dead to rights in the Hurt Lock, but Brock managed to roll him up and get the pin and the story of that feud was that Brock had no answer for the Hurt Lock and Lashley was pretty much the better man.

If Cody had been defending a title from Brock and had just rolled him up, grabbed his belts and gotten the gently caress out of there, that finish would've been totally fine, because it puts the title over as being the most important thing that the babyface will defend by any means necessary. When he did it to Darby, it showed that his experience trumped Darby's recklessness and set up the finish of Darby eventually beating Cody by rolling HIM up. Hey, why wasn't Cody defending a title on this show?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The babyface chase of the championship is always the most important part. He'll be champ down the line after he chases it a few years, of the new 24/7 title.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

maybe cody keeps winning by almost losing because hes a fake humility guy who wants to be able tp both win and also claim the clout for putting someone over. maybe he's quite devious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
People should start throwing banana peels at Cody.