Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Lego's commitment to the toilet delivers again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I suppose this is the next logical step post-tiger butthole.

FBS fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 9, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

minifigs that can poop a stud when??

Clarence
May 3, 2012

75356 Executor Super Star Destroyer -

Eggs-eck-you-tor
or
Exxy-cute-or ?

Youtubers keep pronouncing it as the former and it makes it sound like a ship for doing important space paperwork.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I think canon it is the former, I used to call it the latter too when I was a kid until I learned otherwise

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That ship is the the executor of Vader’s will! But not in the way you think.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

When is the EPA set coming out due to sewage entering the waterway?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Clarence posted:

Eggs-eck-you-tor
or
Exxy-cute-or ?
Esche-soo-thurr

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orvin posted:

When is the EPA set coming out due to sewage entering the waterway?
Clearly they need a Ninjago Sewage Treatment Plant set

(stolen from reddit)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dogen posted:

That ship is the the executor of Vader’s will! But not in the way you think.

Yeah, he's a huge pokemon fan.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
6000+ pieces
$370

.060 when .080 is good.

not bad at all

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Clarence posted:

Eggs-eck-you-tor
or
Exxy-cute-or ?

Youtubers keep pronouncing it as the former and it makes it sound like a ship for doing important space paperwork.

I go with the former, based on the fact all Imperials (at least in the OT) have a British accent, and that's the only pronunciation I can imagine Peter Cushing saying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I have always heard it pronounced as the former. Although imo either way is fine unlike ~Tantiveee~

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Clarence posted:

Eggs-eck-you-tor
or
Exxy-cute-or ?

The only IPA transcription recorded on wiktionary is "eggs-eck-you-tur"

It's a word most commonly used for "executor of an estate", so, like, paperwork like you said, but technically it can mean anyone appointed to carry out a task, which does fit with Vader

I always wondered why they didn't call it Executioner

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know if it was intentional on the creators part, but I always saw it as a bit of a gag like it's pronounced "executor of an estate" and sounds like something the executives travel on, so it sounds classy and official, but your mind immediately goes to "this thing executes motherfuckers" (unless an A wing flies into it)

Much like many OT ship names, I don't think it was ever said on screen in the original movies so it doesn't really matter.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was a long long time ago, word meanings change!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I find it funny since I handle estate planning law poo poo. I’d like to think I could justify a ride like that.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Dogen posted:

I find it funny since I handle estate planning law poo poo. I’d like to think I could justify a ride like that.

"I have altered the will. Pray I do not alter it any further."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I thought my LEGO flying disk would be bigger

Also have thus far been unable to get the encoded Death Star vulnerabilities to display on my computer

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Ninjago city sets would be a sweet base for a cyberpunk city build.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I mean I already think of them 100% as a cyberpunk city

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's cyberpunk without the overarching dystopian malaise, imo.

Blade Runner for kids.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

deoju posted:

It's cyberpunk without the overarching dystopian malaise, imo.

Blade Runner for kids.

Can one exist without the other?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cyberpunk is a type of dystopia, imo.

Probably more accurate to say Ninjago City takes inspiration from the aesthetics of cyberpunk.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
IDK, toilets that flush shits into the streets seems p dystopian to me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can see the cyberpunk comparison. I think it is more an Edo period mixed with modern Japan mixed with Fantasy elements. So you have ninjas and robots and dragons all mixed together.

It seems like cyberpunk but if viewed through that other lens it makes a bit more sense.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Literally A Person posted:

IDK, toilets that flush shits into the streets seems p dystopian to me

But they're studs. Literal bricks. If anything they should be collecting it

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

Is there another option to order display cases than Wicked Brick? Specifially, the cases to display multiple speed champions. Something like this

https://www.wickedbrick.com/en-us/collections/lego-speed-champions/products/wall-mounted-display-case-for-12x-lego-speed-champions-cars-4x3

I used Kingdom Brick Supply to get my Falcon stand. They show some Speed Champions displays, though they're all out of stock. They're actually sourced from iDisplayIt. They're a bit cheaper per car, but they aren't wall-mounts.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Sivart13 posted:

I was curious about the actual Dreamzzz series and saw the trailer on my youtubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9jij7F7kE

looks pretty ehh to me personally, like they made the sets first and then tried to shoehorn them into a narrative. which is fine! but who knows.

I don't know why I held out any hope it could be "good" -- I guess this is what the Lego Ninjago shows look like, or whatever. You could say it's "not for me" but I have a 6yo and there's better TV for us to watch out there than this.

A few pages back but anyone else getting Time Cruisers vibes from this?

Because count me in. :getin:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Pyroclastic posted:

I used Kingdom Brick Supply to get my Falcon stand. They show some Speed Champions displays, though they're all out of stock. They're actually sourced from iDisplayIt. They're a bit cheaper per car, but they aren't wall-mounts.

Thanks!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
10316 - The Lord of the Rings: Rivendell
Pieces: 6167
Price: $499.99

71799 - NINJAGO City Markets
Pieces: 6163
Price: $369.99

LOL, just LOL.

I know the cost is usually based on weight + factors like minifigs, big weird pieces, IP. But c'mon. 4 piece difference for $130. Hahaha. Jeez. Don't even look at the Razor Crest because that becomes an absolute joke.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

$130 per sale straight into the pockets of whoever owns lord of the rings these days, that's a tidy profit!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Waltzing Along posted:

10316 - The Lord of the Rings: Rivendell
Pieces: 6167
Price: $499.99

71799 - NINJAGO City Markets
Pieces: 6163
Price: $369.99

LOL, just LOL.

I know the cost is usually based on weight + factors like minifigs, big weird pieces, IP. But c'mon. 4 piece difference for $130. Hahaha. Jeez. Don't even look at the Razor Crest because that becomes an absolute joke.
City Market is way cheaper per brick than a standard set though, right?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Earlier I said I was turning an x wing into a z95.

It came out like this

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They couldn't even include a little tile to be the astromech?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cojawfee posted:

They couldn't even include a little tile to be the astromech?

In the X wing there's a shiny silver stud (which I used for missles on the wings) which goes where the light gray ingot goes. It makes a decent astromech dome considering the scale.

But Z-95s didn't have astromechs.

Well, according to Wookiepedia some did but I don't see it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Earlier I said I was turning an x wing into a z95.

It came out like this

Nice dude, I tried doing the 4 exhaust but big and round worked out better for what pieces I had

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 10, 2023

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Slugworth posted:

City Market is way cheaper per brick than a standard set though, right?
I think he's pointing out that it's entirely possible for LEGO to build high dollar sets with much greater value, so that's kind of his point, yeah

Also, I guess 2K announced 4 seasons of battle passes for LEGO 2K Drive, which means I think they're just trying to include every modern game design sin in one game:

- Season passes / preorderable DLC
- Premium currency
- Microtransactions
- Battlepasses + premium battlepasses
- Always online, even when playing single player
- Core features (Brick Packs for the car designer) paywalled in the premium battlepasses
- "early access" (get to play 3 days before release if you buy a premium version of the game)

And all in a full priced ($60/70) game with two additional price tiers for digital content packs!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

Nice dude, I tried doing the 4 exhaust but big and round worked out better for what pieces I had

This post has a sound and it's a British man saying "z95 headhunters" over this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpJL3qIzDmA&t=17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

HootTheOwl posted:

This post has a sound and it's a British man saying "z95 headhunters" over this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpJL3qIzDmA&t=17s

The best Star Wars game. :allears: