Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

feeling validated that the chapo boys also hate sweet potato fries

Parasocial relationship!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

the baked ones are good though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

every girl i've dated has fuckin' loved it when i make sweet potato fries, casserole or baked and i won't touch that poo poo lol

it's the cook's equivalent of putting on grey's anatomy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

They're wrong op

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Sweet potato tots > hash browns > normal tots > gnocchi > fries (any style)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Sweet potato tots > hash browns > normal tots > gnocchi > fries (any style)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Cinnamon sugar sweet potato fries? Get the hell out. Now, salty sweet potato fries, we can have a conversation about

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
tthnx 4 for the airline posts all :tipshat:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

tthnx 4 for the airline posts all :tipshat:

I still want that trueanon ep tho, i actually had the thought a while back that an airline ep would be interesting. It’s such a poo poo experience at every possible point

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

It was kind of a trip listening to them talk about endurance racing. I'd noticed that Habsburg kid before but didn't think much of it.

Space Camp fuckup has issued a correction as of 00:51 on May 10, 2023

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

Yeah I honestly didn't know that sweet potato fries aren't healthier than regular fries, which is great. I'll stop trying to convince myself that I like them!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online posted:

every girl i've dated has fuckin' loved it when i make sweet potato fries, casserole or baked and i won't touch that poo poo lol

it's the cook's equivalent of putting on grey's anatomy

lol yes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I thought trash future was good with the writer of Touca and Bertie talking about the WGA strike. I think theres more that be gleaned from the people that desperately want AI to put yourselves into movies instead of watching others as being the product of the deranged narcissists that run most tech companies

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

it's the cook's equivalent of putting on 90 day fiancee

Edited for me. Fry em in peanut oil for bonus points

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
salt it with a mix of 1/4 sugar 3/4 salt with a dash of pumpkin spice and pepper

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hooplah posted:

I still want that trueanon ep tho, i actually had the thought a while back that an airline ep would be interesting. It’s such a poo poo experience at every possible point
airports are probably not that interesting: they are basically your bog-standard private-public partnership with varying amounts of local-corruption where the director gets 15% off Billy Bob's VacayAway Timeshares in exchange for hookup up a sweet rent deal on a kiosk or getting his cousin a job for helping Aunties Wetzels Pretzeles go in. sadly (or funnily) enough, they are the only private-public partnership that one could actually say is "successful" because very rich people use them.

airlines though are very lovely and basically exist by hoovering up incredible amounts of free money and all kinds of special tax carve-outs and arranging for 50 different departments that are actually each separate shell LLCs to protect the corporation and keep assets in different places so they can restart up as a new corporation, i.e. the planes may be an asset of Beta Airline's Mechanical LLC which is definitely different from Beta Airlines Inc that runs the customer service/bookings. definitely a big race to the bottom too.

TSA is it's own seperate security-theater shitshow but i feel that's mostly just incompetent and MIC bloat than anything particularly malicious.

though the Joe Biden tiktok ban bill would give TSA/customs carte blanche power to seize anyone's electronic devices and copy all their data. thanks joe brandoin

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
airport shops are super easy to unionize bc nobody wants to go thru a background check to work at Dunkin Donuts

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Does anyone know if that EU4 mod they're getting Matt to play is a real thing or if they're just touching up the 1618 start already in the game

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

i would like the arline episode.

one thing that ive always wondered about airports is who's making all the money managing the giant malls inside them. somebody has got to be "consulting" or w/e on that. ive always assumed it was dick cheney

there’s a lot of words already written here but the simple “who” is a company called HMS Host. almost every single shop in large US airports is actually operated by them regardless of actual branding of the shop.

individual airports have their specific schemes of course but if you’re looking for the company it’s them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

airports are funny to me because in europe they're all privatized but here in the usa i think literally every airport except one little one nobody has heard of is government run. like in houston all the airports are owned and operated by the city of houston.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

hobbesmaster posted:

there’s a lot of words already written here but the simple “who” is a company called HMS Host. almost every single shop in large US airports is actually operated by them regardless of actual branding of the shop.

individual airports have their specific schemes of course but if you’re looking for the company it’s them

interesting. further it appears they are a subsidiary of this company: https://www.dufry.com/en/company/our-brands

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
drat women be buying a grip of makup at the airport...

https://www.dufry.com/en/annual-report-2022/key-figures

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yeah I probably should’ve linked the parent corp. regardless, it’s all them whether they’re running a Starbucks or some “local restaurant” they’re the ones actually running it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

there’s actually a huge tax advantage to this in parts of the world, especially in asia now that VAT-back stuff is all over the EU.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I remember flying to Japan back when they still had duty free carts and was looking at alcohol I actually knew the prices of. I think it was something like a handle of Jack Daniels that was like $5 higher than it’d be at a store

then I saw what American whiskey went for in Tokyo shops and that was actually an incredible deal from that perspective.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

you could buy some makeup too, help with your problem areas

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

hosed up

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

What is it about Elites through history and finding complex excuses to spend their time soiling themselves?

A 15th century armoured knight Habsburg would just poo poo and piss in their armour (I'm on campaign/ there's a battle coming up, quit whining about hygiene!!).

A 21st century endurance racing Habsburg has to hold their piss for a full day while staying hydrated (unlikely) or poo poo and piss their pants.

Why are they like this??!?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mugsbaloney posted:

What is it about Elites through history and finding complex excuses to spend their time soiling themselves?

A 15th century armoured knight Habsburg would just poo poo and piss in their armour (I'm on campaign/ there's a battle coming up, quit whining about hygiene!!).

A 21st century endurance racing Habsburg has to hold their piss for a full day while staying hydrated (unlikely) or poo poo and piss their pants.

when there’s no friction naturally present in your life, you have to create it. people seem to go insane when they have no problems (maybe because they can’t really ignore the disparity and injustice at least unconsciously) and so the ultra-rich attempt to solve this by going insane in a different more comfortable way for them by creating something to struggle against or overcome or endure. nothing too hard or that can’t be backed out of, but something to convince themselves that they deserve their position or be able to believe “hey everyone has problems and struggles in life.” such as “having” to deal with the unpleasant physical sensation of having a poopy diaper

I’m sure that lots of them are also into it as the ruling class are all deranged sickos

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

when there’s no friction naturally present in your life, you have to create it. people seem to go insane when they have no problems (maybe because they can’t really ignore the disparity and injustice at least unconsciously) and so the ultra-rich attempt to solve this by going insane in a different more comfortable way for them by creating something to struggle against or overcome or endure. nothing too hard or that can’t be backed out of, but something to convince themselves that they deserve their position or be able to believe “hey everyone has problems and struggles in life.” such as “having” to deal with the unpleasant physical sensation of having a poopy diaper

I’m sure that lots of them are also into it as the ruling class are all deranged sickos

This lines up with every single trust fund kid I've ever known. Literally every single problem in their lives is something they've either directly caused, or let happen through inaction when they easily had the time and means to prevent it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I won't say that getting deep into LPs around this time made me drop out of the PhD that I was doing at the time, but it certainly didn't help me stay in that program.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he genuinely reads and believes all the same things that his believers do. Peter Thiel is financing the propaganda that Musk is reading and uncritically accepting lol

This is extremely true.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Mugsbaloney posted:

It’s a team of 3, drivers are usually in the car for just a couple hours at a time

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Writing elaborate fan fiction about adult men making GBS threads their pants

“What is wrong with these guys???”

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It’s a team of 3, drivers are usually in the car for just a couple hours at a time

it’s very funny to me that the Most Prestigious Race (TM) happens to be the one the driver needs to stump up one million in cash for

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s very funny to me that the Most Prestigious Race (TM) happens to be the one the driver needs to stump up one million in cash for

Pay drivers are common in all of motorsports, usually a driver has their own sponsors they bring with them wherever they go.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
do motorsport drivers get selected for how physically small they are like horse jockeys do, or is it possible to be tall and still drive in formula 1

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Malleum posted:

do motorsport drivers get selected for how physically small they are like horse jockeys do, or is it possible to be tall and still drive in formula 1

It definitely seems to help but it's not the end of the world. Esteban Ocon is 6'1". It's important to be physically fit though, it's pretty taxing on the body. In F1 sometimes they hit like 6Gs.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It definitely seems to help but it's not the end of the world. Esteban Ocon is 6'1". It's important to be physically fit though, it's pretty taxing on the body. In F1 sometimes they hit like 6Gs.

:cheers:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Missed this earlier, but one of the posts I most remember on this subforum was someone circa 2018 saying "white Americans have been the safest demographic in human history for so long that they are actively creating a more dangerous world in order to feel something again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Missed this earlier, but one of the posts I most remember on this subforum was someone circa 2018 saying "white Americans have been the safest demographic in human history for so long that they are actively creating a more dangerous world in order to feel something again"

The suburbs dream of violence. Asleep in their drowsy villas, sheltered by benevolent shopping malls, they wait patiently for the nightmares that will wake them into a more passionate world.
J. G. BALLARD