Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
boy are there ever

What a terrible snipe. Have this page from isekai peddler

I like both the stupid looney toons kissy face thing and also that she gets kicked straight out of the panel

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Don’t Blush, Sekime-san!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Me, when I see someone bullying the weak

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

thetoughestbean posted:

Me, when I see someone bullying the weak
Is "bullying the weak" a more common phrase in Japanese than english? Fire force (yeah yeah forgive me) had a character who used that phrase over and over.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

No Wave posted:

Is "bullying the weak" a more common phrase in Japanese than english? Fire force (yeah yeah forgive me) had a character who used that phrase over and over.

I can’t speak with any authority here but it’s certainly a phrase I see a lot in manga

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

The story of a monk and two orphans living in ancient Japan alongside the beautiful, magnificent, and terrifying Kami. And their pilgrimage across Japan. Definitely a hidden gem and one of the best fantasy manga ongoing right now imo. Currently getting new chapters as the scanlation group only works with volume releases so be warned, if you pick this up you can only expect new chapters once a year. The story was also picked up by Yenpress with the first volume coming out in August :woop:

I liked it.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

This is really cool btw, weird seeing a manga set in Alberta but it's really gorgeous.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Weird BIAS posted:

This is really cool btw, weird seeing a manga set in Alberta but it's really gorgeous.

On a similar note, there's Welcome To Hotel Metsäpeura, a manga about a hotel in northern Finland, which I find equally weird but pretty neat.

This is a place I have been to. Manga shouldn't be about places I've been to.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Suleman posted:

On a similar note, there's Welcome To Hotel Metsäpeura, a manga about a hotel in northern Finland, which I find equally weird but pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YaKFoiy8TY

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Suleman posted:

well it also features a finnish person who gets really afraid of the main character because of his tattoos

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Go With the Clouds, North-By-Northwest is set in Iceland it’s gorgeous

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Weird BIAS posted:

PEI notwithstanding, how many manga are set in or heavily feature Canada?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm in this comic and I'm not happy about it

x

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Arbite posted:

PEI notwithstanding, how many manga are set in or heavily feature Canada?

Haven't read this, but Canada is at least present.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go!!_Southern_Ice_Hockey_Club

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
In anime and manga Canada usually gets visited most in romcoms in my experience, usually as a school trip to Vancouver, or the Windsor-Quebec corridor (Toronto, Montreal etc.) I remember one where the male lead is inspired by the Montreal church architecture to pursue that line of work more seriously. As a long term setting I don't remember much if any of them being in Canada.The Rocky Mountains I think get mentioned for ski trips as well, usually either Kamloops, BC or Banff, AB I think. The prairies it's pretty rare to see much of, and even this manga is mostly 'a hotel by a lake in the mountains' which is absolutely inspired by the Fairmont Hotel at Lake Louise, near Banff. Having the one character be in Edmonton and have to fly to Calgary was just funny to me because yeah that's not uncommon for some business people to do. I'm pretty sure the first main scenario in it involves a photo of the Calgary Tower as well. Though it does seem like some of the guests are coming from all over the world and not just Alberta.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

GloomMouse posted:

I'm in this comic and I'm not happy about it

x

Every Megalixir in every Final Fantasy I’ve played :negative:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reiche posted:

Every Megalixir in every Final Fantasy I’ve played :negative:

:same:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nebrilos posted:

No that's from the Bakarina Comic Anthology. Are there sexy radishes in The Hero is Dead?

Every single page from that manga should be here with hilarious it is.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 12, 2023

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Every single page from that manga should be here with hilarious it is.

Why did they write "Yuna Yunis: Osananajimi" ... *Osananajimi means childhood friend" instead of writing "Yuna Yunis: Childhood Friend"?

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Why did they write "Yuna Yunis: Osananajimi" ... *Osananajimi means childhood friend" instead of writing "Yuna Yunis: Childhood Friend"?

search your kokoro for the truth

no idea, I've seen scanlators do that before though, and it's odd. maybe they think they're keeping the Japanese flavor of it?

*kokoro = heart

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Lord Awkward posted:

search your kokoro for the truth

no idea, I've seen scanlators do that before though, and it's odd. maybe they think they're keeping the Japanese flavor of it?

*kokoro = heart

It was a lot more common with older scanlation teams, but it's a lot more rare now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone brought up this page in the Baki thread a while back and I can't stop thinking about it

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
finally a good reason why someone is a harem manga protagonist

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

OL and Ghost Arms

Nomi Joshi

Kine Cinema

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Notably getting an anime this fall with some surprisingly big names for a gag manga not running in a big magazine as far as I know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a really good gag manga

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

chumbler posted:

Notably getting an anime this fall with some surprisingly big names for a gag manga not running in a big magazine as far as I know.

Nothing in the history of time has gone harder for less reason than Pop Team Epic's anime adaptation, and that is as shitpost an existence as has ever been. Sometime "funny" is the only reason you need.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

RTA Sousha wa Game Sekai kara Kaerenai.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sad no one's scanalating this one anymore.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Xelkelvos posted:

Sad no one's scanalating this one anymore.

Same for Kine Cinema and Miss Komori Can't Decline. All of those are CRAZY behind(I actually have the raws for Kine Cinema, but don't know enough to translate properly).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

What's that from?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

x (might actually be terrible, I don't know, I just found that one page)

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Adnor posted:

What's that from?

https://mangadex.org/title/dca4faff-79f4-4b50-bb1e-0538e4ab5800/when-i-returned-to-my-hometown-my-childhood-friend-was-broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

He’s not going to boss grind her Fire Emblem style is he?