Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

My daughter had a stomach bug for the past 4 days or so and finally seems to be getting over it. Appetite back to normal. First normal looking poop this morning.

And then about 30 minutes her twin brother barfed on the floor. I suppose it was asking too much for him not to get sick too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
After a day at Magic Kingdom and then a 4 day cruise, our 4.5 year old has done an amazing job. Only a handful of meltdowns mostly chalked up to tiredness or hangry. She also did really well waiting in lines.

If anyone does a Disney cruise, the kid zone stuff is great. She didn't want to leave.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I have this problem also. There was ONE picture in a book of a wolf in a window and now wolves in windows are an existential threat constantly looming over this house

What about the chupacabras?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I've posted about my 10 year old on here since he was born (jeez). He's been offically diagnosed with autism and a more detailed look at his ADHD. His IQ is really high so its been easy for him to mask for a long time. Honestly, his big sticking point is his emotional regulation. This is what we originally started therapy for him years ago. At least now we can get a better direction in how to help him.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay so with the teething process is it normal for his cheeks to get rosy? He looks insanely cute but I just want to be sure it’s not something I should be worried about or what.

Wife is making a pediatrician appointment anyways but I figured I’d ask here.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

space uncle posted:

My only gripe about that is packing kosher lunches when I like a turkey Swiss sandwich or make pork dumplings.
What's it like having a kid that eats more than just penne with butter and Little Bites muffins?

I ask my son to just try the mashed potatoes maybe he'll like it, and he'll be like, "I think I'll try it when I'm.... 38 years old".

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Muir posted:

We used Daniel Tiger especially (TV episodes and the book versions, Big Brother Daniel and The Baby Is Here) as she was very into it already. Also can recommend Hello In There, Little Miss Big Sis, and I Am A Big Sister. She was 2.5 when her brother was born and I think she did get it pretty well.

we did daniel tiger as well, made my son very excited to have a baby sister. and how he is so sweet to her :kimchi:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Skeezy posted:

Okay so with the teething process is it normal for his cheeks to get rosy? He looks insanely cute but I just want to be sure it’s not something I should be worried about or what.

Wife is making a pediatrician appointment anyways but I figured I’d ask here.

teething can cause a ton of drooling which can irritate cheeks and turn them red, and also the mild fever teething causes can turn cheeks red. i would keep an eye on it and try some aquafor or other ointment to soothe the rash.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

space uncle posted:

My kid goes to one and he loves it. He can be a little sensitive to noise/stimulation too and the teachers have mentioned that. They said if they notice he’s upset they will ask him and guide him to a quiet corner for a little bit. The daycare is part of a Jewish temple so he’s learning about culture and religion that way (even though we’re agnostic by way of Buddhism and Catholicism). My only gripe about that is packing kosher lunches when I like a turkey Swiss sandwich or make pork dumplings.

I don't want to encourage being culturally insensitive or anything, but how could they possibly know if you sent pork dumplings, unless they sample the food themselves... :-D

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Baby's here, perfect health, wife is doing great, exhausted, still crying

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good Job! You did it!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

teething can cause a ton of drooling which can irritate cheeks and turn them red, and also the mild fever teething causes can turn cheeks red. i would keep an eye on it and try some aquafor or other ointment to soothe the rash.

The amount of drool is nuts lol, thanks for the info.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Nessa posted:

Spoon is toon
Cream cheese is keem cheese
Milk is nalk
Bananas are nanas
Orange is enge
Yellow is low
Green is geen
Purple is puh puh

Lol we have spoon is poon and purple is poople.

OTOH he can enunciate "leukocyte" and "stem cell" with perfect clarity. "Genome wide association study" still comes out as "no why so suddy" though.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Good soup! posted:

Woot woot :glomp:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Good soup! posted:

Little cuppa soup :kimchi:

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Hooray, congratulations Soup!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

SixFigureSandwich posted:

thankfully she hasn't learned about those yet. i rue the day...

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Good soup! posted:

Congratulations!
gently caress, I water up when I remember the feels several years later.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I don't want to encourage being culturally insensitive or anything, but how could they possibly know if you sent pork dumplings, unless they sample the food themselves... :-D

Dude. no.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My son played some football with a friend and tripped and got a knee full of splinters. I've spent half an hour removing them all, some where deep. Thank god for the optivisor, not the first time I've used it to remove splinters. He was brave though, told me to keep going until they where all out. I have acquired a lot of experience doing this on myself and others....

What a lovely deck the neighbors must have though if that happens when you fall on it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

My son loves chupacabras after reading "Don't Eat Me, Chupacabra!" Highly recommend all those toddler monster books by Hazy Dell Press.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

dismas posted:

I would take recs on books for introducing my 2.5 yo daughter to the concept that she’s going to be a big sister. I think we probably are gonna have to broach the subject in week or two here.

She really, really loves books and seems to interpret her feelings through them a lot so I’m thinking introducing the idea through books might be a good way to go.

Idk. She’s little, not sure she’ll really understand.

My daughter liked “I’m a Big Sister” by Ronne Randall. Did NOT like “The New Baby” in the Mercer Mayer critters series, but TBH I really don’t like the critters books so it may have rubbed off.

My almost two year old son who is very limited in his vocabulary is infatuated with the TV, and I’m feeling rather bitter towards their dad. Whenever they come back from his place it sounds like all they do is watch TV while he does other things. Tonight my son was fussing, I asked him what he wanted, and he pointed towards the living room and clearly said “TV!” I asked him if he wanted TV and he nodded. He has never answered a yes/no question before. I’m glad that this happened and I’m probably projecting but… ugh.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Just wanted to say thanks for all the well-wishing. We arrived at the hospital at around 2, were able to sleep for a few hours to gain back some measure of strength, and then started the whole thing in earnest at around 7. My wife's first pregnancy was an induction, and it was 30+ hours of pure hell and was a rough time. She's also an incredibly tough lady and got out our second daughter this morning at around 9 a.m. with just three or four pushes.

Baby is beautiful, healthy, perfect - just like her sister. The two got a chance to meet this afternoon and her older sister was all about hugs and little kisses and whispering "I luhh you baby" and it's hard to type that and not get misty eyed.

Our oldest is only 2, so trying to introduce the idea of a sibling is a bit of a challenge. Nonetheless, she was excited to bring home "her baby" and we look forward to including her in the day-to-day care for her little sister (when not granting us the mercy of attending her daycare, anyway).

My in-laws are incredible people and made the 90-minute trek from Connecticut to Providence at midnight last night when the contractions began to ramp up. Her pop and grandma are definitely her two favorite people so I'm always prepared to drop from second place to fourth place. Now I think I'll be in a solid fifth place.

Fine by me.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Over the last few months, our daughter has gotten more courage to go talk to other kids. Before she'd want us to come with her, even if they were 3 ft away, when she went to talk to them. Today while we were waiting to board the plane, she started playing with a boy from Iceland. They couldn't communicate but both understood about spider man.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm just noticing how kind my boy is (Daniel), neighbor boy came over last night to play a little, he's younger like 6-7 maybe. Anyway when they where kicking some balls and throwing some frisbee Daniel was always going "oh that's good, you're good. " Or if it went poory "Don't worry you're getting better, you'll be real good soon" and so on, basically just constantly positive to everyone and everything. In school he's real good with some disabled kids and including them in play and helping them. I am just gobsmacked.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Apple is apple

Pear is apple

Lemon is apple

Tomato is apple

Update: watermelon is also apple

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Glad we’re not the only family! Though currently only apples and pears are apples. I think it’s because we cut them with the same device, maybe if I cut an orange with the apple slicer it, too, will become an apple

cuber
Dec 29, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'm just noticing how kind my boy is (Daniel), neighbor boy came over last night to play a little, he's younger like 6-7 maybe. Anyway when they where kicking some balls and throwing some frisbee Daniel was always going "oh that's good, you're good. " Or if it went poory "Don't worry you're getting better, you'll be real good soon" and so on, basically just constantly positive to everyone and everything. In school he's real good with some disabled kids and including them in play and helping them. I am just gobsmacked.

Hearing stories of kids' kindness always gets me misty eyed. Huge props to your parenting! (or whatever it was that made such a good kid, haha)

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is wonderful. You’re doing good. :unsmith:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Happy mother's day to anyone who celebrates it, hope everyone has a great day today

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Daddy?

Yes bud?

Do you like skin?

............yes?

Just like Grandma! Grandma likes skin! And Grandpa likes skin too! But I don't like skin.

uh.........wow dude that's so cool! Does mommy like skin? Let's ask her when we get home! So she can be just as confused as I am!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My partner’s son has officially referred to a pear as an apple, so I guess we’re on the “everything is apple” crew as well.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My son is insisting on sitting on the toilet and is being productive when we plop him on the little potty seat so uh I guess we’re doing potty training now.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Drove for 4 hours so my son could visit with his great grandma, who is ill and bedridden, for 1 hour. Not a fun weekend but I’m glad we did it. I hope it brought some joy even though my son was overtired and not as snuggly as we had hoped he would be.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My 1 yr old is sick for the very first time. Super congested, snot dripping down his nose, lots of mouth breathing. I wish I could make him feel better. The fever a couple days before was easier to deal with.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Renegret posted:

Daddy?

Yes bud?

Do you like skin?

............yes?

Just like Grandma! Grandma likes skin! And Grandpa likes skin too! But I don't like skin.

uh.........wow dude that's so cool! Does mommy like skin? Let's ask her when we get home! So she can be just as confused as I am!

this made me ask my son if he likes skin and he said no

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just finished my daughter's sixth birthday party

*dies, remains dead*

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My son has weaponize poop. On mother's day week!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

lobster shirt posted:

this made me ask my son if he likes skin and he said no

I fear the skeleton army's propaganda is already taking hold of our children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My partner told me yesterday that part of kiddo’s random utterances during the week is asking “Where is Cherry???” :3 :3 :3

Loved having some adult time together this weekend (my own father is imminently reaching the end of his life, so having that support was fantastic) but I miss seeing that little dude, also.