Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

AtomikKrab posted:

The robot giving a thumbs up as it burns is completely a meme right?

Is Terminator 2 a meme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AtomikKrab posted:

The robot giving a thumbs up as it burns is completely a meme right?

A true hero

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Low page count. Horikoshi is dying again. Or it's because of golden week or whatever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dolash posted:

Is Terminator 2 a meme?

I think for some reason Japan really likes to reference that scene, yeah

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Pretty sure he had a melting Twice clone do the Terminator thumbs-up as well during MVA.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think for some reason Japan really likes to reference that scene, yeah

ive never seen a Terminator but it’s a pretty rad scene tbh, more media in general should shamelessly homage it

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So there's a 0% chance that Dabi has a change of heart here, right? He's just gonna be delighted that he gets to kill everyone and then Shoto comes in and they all team up to stop him

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nephthys posted:

So there's a 0% chance that Dabi has a change of heart here, right? He's just gonna be delighted that he gets to kill everyone and then Shoto comes in and they all team up to stop him

Yes absolutely.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nephthys posted:

Dabi seems to be completely incoherent and incapable of recognizing what's actually happening around him, so I'd wager he's basically just a walking natural disaster rather than someone who can be talked down. There's definitely going to be a Todoroki Family Tag Team.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Toya seemed like a real jerk even before he immolated himself

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi senses the frustrations with the seeming lack of consequences and just has the entire Todoroki family die stopping Dabi

He ends up completely confused by the backlash

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The burning flesh is a metaphor for the intense pain Horikoshi is in at this moment

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's going to be really funny when shoto arrives, ready to burn down with Dabi and the rest of his family, only for Iida to use his super speed to just drag Dabi out into the middle of the ocean.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

It's going to be really funny when shoto arrives, ready to burn down with Dabi and the rest of his family, only for Iida to use his super speed to just drag Dabi out into the middle of the ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnUkZrAbqk

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
there’s only one way this ends and it’s with dabi trying and failing to roast his family alive.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
As long as the rest of family does not gain considerable power, I am fine with most resolutions to this conflict at this point except if Dabi somehow survives and/or has a change of heart. At this point, I don't even mind that the family is somehow tolerating an exploding sun that has already incinerated fire-based heroes.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I can honestly see him having a last minute change of heart, right before striking his final blow, stopping himself, and then dying.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-388/chapter/38914?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016572

Happy Mother's Day!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even if the Todorokis survive this (which I don't know is all that probable at this point) they'll all end up with gnarly facial scars like Shoto and Enji. Fitting, really.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be super dark if they just killed Shoto's whole family here. Maybe Endeavor bites it, but I doubt anyone else does.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Only Endeavor survives. His family's sacrifice finally absolves him of his sins, and their last words to him are forgiving him for everything that happened. Endeavor fully replaces Shoto in the top three with Deku and Bakugo (who they have to prop up Weekend At Bernie's style).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dolash posted:

Only Endeavor survives. His family's sacrifice finally absolves him of his sins, and their last words to him are forgiving him for everything that happened. Endeavor fully replaces Shoto in the top three with Deku and Bakugo (who they have to prop up Weekend At Bernie's style).

Endeavor becomes the Number 4 hero because having no lips/eyelids is really tough on marketing.

Numbers 2 and 3 are Edgeshot (as Bakugo's heart) and Bakugo, respectively

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So like if you're saving Dabi and trying to continue to avoid ever killing any reasonably popular character what do you even do

He's a screaming flaming skeleton

There's nothing for a healed Overhaul to work with and Eri might be spent for the time being to rewind his flesh back on

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I mean Twice and Midnight dropped, I think the guy with bacon for skin is at least somewhat on the expendable side

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dabi is not a muscular woman or Twice

He's surviving

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

His face gets burnt off, but he gets a transplant and now looks like Nicholas Cage.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vinylshadow posted:

Dabi is not a muscular woman or Twice

He's surviving

I think more men have been killed off than women, but it's probably pretty close!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but the only man I can think of is Twice, on the women's side there's Magne, Midnight, Star and Stripe.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everyone always forgets Crust

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but the only man I can think of is Twice, on the women's side there's Magne, Midnight, Star and Stripe.

Nighteye?

A bunch of minor ones died but I assume only people with a relatively large role count otherwise like that dude Twice stabbed to death counts or whatnot.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 15, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hatty posted:

Everyone always forgets Crust

And X-Less, and the slime snake guy that Twice stabs in the skull.

Doesn't meatball guy's dad get killed in the jailbreak?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

ImpAtom posted:

Nighteye?

poo poo, that's right.'

I forgot about Curious, too, but yeah I still think it's safe to say more men have died.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nighteye, Snatch, Twice, Crust, Majestic, Native, other weird dudes like the eel guy Twice kills, Redestro's mouse employee, etc. etc.

There's also weird stuff like Kurogiri, too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
On the women’s side there’s the reporter whose skull Toga cracked open

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Bakugo is still dead lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looking at the list.

Magne F
Nighteye M
Sand Hero: Snatch M
Curious (reporter lady) F
Eel Boy M
Twice M
X Less M
Crust M
Midnight F
Majestic M
Native M
Stars and Stripes F

Outside of random nameless folks and people dead before it starts that seems to be the whole list. So at the moment roughly 2-1.

Also technically Bakugo but he is coming back.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 15, 2023

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
all might and edge shot are probably about to join that list very very soon lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

all might and edge shot are probably about to join that list very very soon lol

Yeah I kept Edge off until death is confirmed like I kept Bakugo off because jearts.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Might... won't die!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stain is probably going to join All Might in the fight, so there's a decent chance he could die too.