Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zwille posted:

Dont know if this was posted yet but they put Darth Vader and Luke in the Death Star :allears:

hahaha omg that's adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There’s a similar deal with Vader and the bounty hunters on the executor

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The emperor, here?
We'll rebuild our efforts

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have to say, there is a certain satisfaction to properly disassembling a set and seeing the cool techniques come apart. Just tearing a set apart is work, but doing it methodically in reverse order of the build is kinda like building. In a way. And then when you want to build it again, you are all ready to go.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HootTheOwl posted:

The emperor, here?
We'll rebuild our efforts

Now I just want a new UCS Imperial Shuttle

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Amazon has the BTTF Delorean for $170 atm which is only 10 bux more than the pre price bump price, if anyone is kicking themselves for not grabbing it before Lego bumped it to a ludicrous $200.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or you could get it for $127 plus shipping at bricksdirect.com. Takes a little longer, though.

https://bricksdirect.com/lego-10300-back-to-the-future-time-machine

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Dogen posted:

There’s a similar deal with Vader and the bounty hunters on the executor

yeah that’s more obvious because of all the different colors but here I had to do a double take and wonder why it’s not two black studs for the right :v:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Zwille posted:

yeah that’s more obvious because of all the different colors but here I had to do a double take and wonder why it’s not two black studs for the right :v:

Haha fair I guess I just built them the same day and was like, oh cool it’s here too hah

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Rebuilding is fun but I despise disassembling sets.

there was a sequence when i was taking apart the statue of liberty set that i was detaching what felt like 5000 1x1 plates from eachother and i wanted to end my life

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

ijyt posted:

hahaha omg that's adorable

There’s a similar Easter egg in Rivendell: an Eye of Sauron you build underneath where the council of the ring is held that is covered up by the floor. The Eye is always watching…

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dogen posted:

Now I just want a new UCS Imperial Shuttle

UCS Missile Boat :colbert:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bloody Pom posted:

UCS Missile Boat :colbert:

:swoon:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

UCS Mon Cal Cruiser when

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dogen posted:

UCS Mon Cal Cruiser when

When they figure out the blistering

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
This mc75 though it's pretty neat
https://www.jorstad-designs.com/product-page/instructions-ucs-mc75-profundity-star-cruiser

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HootTheOwl posted:

When they figure out the blistering

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

drat that’s nice

The little mon cal frigate I made awhile back

Now with shielded hangers

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 15, 2023

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I finished the not-lego Falcon on the weekend - almost, there’s a couple of things to fix and the stand to build. Cost me AU$360 on aliexpress because I couldn’t justify buying the real deal.

All the characters (including a dead mynock)

I haven’t really built lego in a long time and this was really enjoyable, some really cool builds in the 17 numbered packets (6kg) of parts and many weekends it took me. I loved doing the internal rooms - the lounge / games room with the holo-chess table was a favourite. It’s a little disappointing how many really interesting parts end up just being external greebling, I kept thinking about the cool things I could build with them.

I fixed the gap I left in the corridor to the cockpit, and reseated all the roofing so the top is looking great. The colour reproduction in the manual wasn’t great so one of the engine/exhausts got a mix of grey/black grill parts instead of black. Unsure if I’ll fix that as it would likely need significant disassembly to get in there.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it long run, I’d love to display it but I don’t really have the space for it long term. My initial idea was completely vertical but the roof would end up on the floor as it only has small technic pieces, gravity, and wishes holding it in place.

I’m considering disassembling it and:
*Gifting to a nephew who loves lego but is aging out of it - same with my son but even older.
*Selling it.
*Keeping it to build with, although I’m not sure I have the creativity for that - I might be a ‘by the instructions’ type builder.

Bonus photos

The manual was called Satr Wrat

The display sticker (matches the original except the top)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zwille posted:

Dont know if this was posted yet but they put Darth Vader and Luke in the Death Star :allears:

:aaa: I didn’t even catch that when I was building it

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
The upcoming 1992 Batcave was leaked

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Price is also 1992

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That certainly is something

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

BaconCopter posted:

$450 for this ugly hunk of poo poo according to PromoBricks

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'll pass, but It's neat imo. Could look cool in a book shelf that is flush with the wall.

Is that Batmobile included in this set? I thought there was rumored to be one for $50 or so. I really want a 89 Batmobile with Keaton and Nicholson figs, but not $450 bad.

Also 3 figs? for real? I'd want Bat-Keaton, Wayne-Keaton, Nicholson, Bassinger, Bob, Pfieffer, DeVito, and Walken for that price tag.

Edit: DeVito seems to be shown as part of the play feature in the lower left of the second picture.

Edit #2: %100 will purchase if a Prince minifig is included. :toxx:

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 15, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I ain't buying it because I don't care enough about Batman to have a big display piece about him but it looks rad.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

That looks so bad that it doesn’t look like a real set

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Really digging what looks like the closet of identical Batsuits from Batman Returns. One of my favorite touches in the movie.

Otherwise a big ol' meh.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I like it a ton but that sounds a tad pricey and also impossible to display but hard to turn down the small scale batmobile. Uhhhh no way to know if this is one of these sets that’ll get a big discount from other retailers immediately, right? Some sites say D2C which I assume means Lego directly only.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BaconCopter posted:

What the heck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's a set that looks like would 100% benefit from a lighting kit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Going to be fun for dust and fingerprints too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really don't get what they were going for. The back part and the car look fine, the whole front is so weird and probably added $100 to the price.

Also at that price make a new canopy for the batmobile that is more accurate. Looks like a slight improvment over the GWP batmobile but it's almost identical.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Why is it so loving hard for them to do a Wayne Manor with the basement as the cave?

Really, all I want is the Batman Returns Kenner Batcave in Lego form. That's all any of us want, if we're being truly honest with ourselves.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

It has like, nothing that makes the Batcave a Batcave. Where's the giant penny?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s just so incredibly uninteresting to look at. People complain about Star Wars sets being piles of gray, but at least with those you get an occasional spot of red or some other primary color.

All I see in that batcave is $450 of black, gray and a tiny handful of trans yellow.

veni veni veni posted:

I really don't get what they were going for. The back part and the car look fine, the whole front is so weird and probably added $100 to the price.

The front and the giant plinth the batmobile is sitting on have to make up almost half the set and none of it is necessary.

I feel bad for folks who want a decent batcave, this thing looks like one of those bad 8,000 piece MOCs that get submitted to Ideas.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

looks like one of those bad 8,000 piece MOCs that get submitted to Ideas.

exactly

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They should at least include Danny Devito and his giant duck

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Then again, most people who "like" Batman love dark, bland, boring things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It looks like someone took a batcave playset from the 90s and recreated it in Lego. Those old sets where it would look like something when it's all closed up, and then you open it and then it has the worst and most compromised playset inside because they needed to fit it inside the case that was made to look like whatever object. Except, in this case, the object is just a box with the bat logo cut out of it.