Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"I'm gonna give the elders a piece of my mind"
"sir, they're the highest body of government is this wise?"
"lmao c'mon, this one piece, not even jaguar dies here. what're tehy gonna do, stab me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope Pell and Chaka for some reason end up scrapping against Lucci, and we see Pell is awakened, confirming the theory that a zoan user has to be near death to awaken, and explaining how he survived the bomb and we all say "Oda does it again"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sabo saw the truth of clumsy cobra's final moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfdJGrGfA_Y

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I'm doing yet another re-read, and something occurred to me: Laboon must be terrifying now.

You're a rookie pirate, heading to the Grand Line to make your fortune, you survive the harrowing experiences of reverse mountain to finally reach the ultimate sea, and the first thing you face is a giant, screaming, cyborg whale with the flag of an Emperor of the Sea painted on it.

Luffy's brief relationship with a whale probably stopped more pirates than the entire navy combined.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

laboon is going to the moon with brooke

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The official translation makes Dragon seem less clearly pro-Cobra.

I don’t understand how Karasu’s Devil Fruit works. Is he just shaping soot into crow-shaped constructs?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 16, 2023

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Yeah think he just makes them out of the soot, dude just loves crows.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah. He's a soot-man who makes soot-crows because he wants to stick to a theme.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
It doesn't matter what fruit i ate i'd try to be a crow with it regardless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Veskit posted:

It doesn't matter what fruit i ate i'd try to be a crow with it regardless

I hope you don't get the Jacket-Jacket fruit :ohdear:

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

davidHalestorm posted:

Also, there's that scene right before Im's reveal where the Gorosei said the Nefertiti family are all basically traitors since they refused to join the rest of the Celestial Dragon in Mariejois. I think whatever Cobra said to them, might just be the straw that broke the camel's back.

oh yeah i forgot about that. it seems possible enough that they went "oh you want to know the truth?" and just took cobra to im who then killed him, and sabo just happened to be sneaking around nearby, or was eavesdropping or whatever

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
BIG NEWS BIG SPOILER: [spioler]break next week[/sploier]

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anime was right posted:

Spioler sploier bork bork bork

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah. He's a soot-man who makes soot-crows because he wants to stick to a theme.

It's like how Moria did shadow bats (and a lizard)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he could make other kinds of birds with soot, but they'd still be black and he'd have to explain it each time. it's easier to just make crows. crows are rad, anyway.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Makes you wonder if Karasu is his birth name or an alias. Impossible to tell in this series.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
He could have made bats, just sayin

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Silver2195 posted:

I don’t understand how Karasu’s Devil Fruit works. Is he just shaping soot into crow-shaped constructs?

Oda saw MHA's Overhaul and said "looks cool but I'll do better".

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

my parents boyfriend posted:

Makes you wonder if Karasu is his birth name or an alias. Impossible to tell in this series.

Looks at all of big mom's children

Impossible to tell really.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

anime was right posted:

We haven't had 3 consecutive chapters since like, what, February?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's nice of oda to draw ai art requests for cover pages

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

lih posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that. it seems possible enough that they went "oh you want to know the truth?" and just took cobra to im who then killed him, and sabo just happened to be sneaking around nearby, or was eavesdropping or whatever

This is my take on what happened honestly

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Upsidads posted:

It's nice of oda to draw ai art requests for cover pages

So we have an explanation for nami face :thunk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He could have made bats, just sayin

Karasu (being physically restrained by Koala): Those are mammals, not birds!

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

No, they're bugs.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There are blackbirds other than crows, like ravens, rooks, and magpies.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Blackbirds aren't corvids though, they're a kind of thrush.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If he's making corvids he should just send a bunch of blue jays

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Special Ability: Corvid-19

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I used to think crows were cool. Then about a month ago a crow decided I don't deserve to sleep, and will just randomly hang out right outside my bedroom window making noise. The best part is it took me weeks to figure out what the gently caress that sound was. Only figured it out because said crow also likes to hang out at the super market, making the same noise and staring at me.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Gyges posted:

I used to think crows were cool. Then about a month ago a crow decided I don't deserve to sleep, and will just randomly hang out right outside my bedroom window making noise. The best part is it took me weeks to figure out what the gently caress that sound was. Only figured it out because said crow also likes to hang out at the super market, making the same noise and staring at me.

Give him some food, you monster.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah you can make friends with Crows. there's YouTube videos on how to start the process but yeah it's about feeding them. then building trust you aren't going to try and kill them

they also have really good memories

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah you can make friends with Crows. there's YouTube videos on how to start the process but yeah it's about feeding them. then building trust you aren't going to try and kill them

they also communicate their experiences with other crows

that's right - crows will literally talk poo poo about you behind your back if you're a dick to them

don't be a dick to crows

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
When I turn 30 I’m gonna become the weird crow guy

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You can also make enemies with crows. It's entirely possible that it's too late in this case and whatever grudge this crow has against Gyges is irreconcilable. A crow passes their hatred down through the generations too, so just because you outlive them doesn't mean you'll be free.

To reiterate what others have said: to not gently caress with crows. Best bet in this case is probably to feed the crow and beg for their mercy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Excelzior posted:

they also communicate their experiences with other crows

that's right - crows will literally talk poo poo about you behind your back if you're a dick to them

don't be a dick to crows

ill just talk poo poo about them back. stupid fuckers. get some thumbs

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

You can also make enemies with crows. It's entirely possible that it's too late in this case and whatever grudge this crow has against Gyges is irreconcilable. A crow passes their hatred down through the generations too, so just because you outlive them doesn't mean you'll be free.

To reiterate what others have said: to not gently caress with crows. Best bet in this case is probably to feed the crow and beg for their mercy.

I was trying to be optimistic. if a crow is following you around and making warning sounds it's basically calling you out. they have great vision and can recognize individual faces. so combine that with the memory and socialization skills they can get their buddies to help gently caress with people

like it might not even be the same crow every day and they're just rotating thru a murder of crows

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 17, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You either really gotta try to make peace with that crow somehow

or go into witness protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nah, there's no way for it to know that it's my apartment. I just happened to hear the noise I'd been trying to figure out, and saw it was a crow. I think it just likes to sit on the edge of roofs and make weird sounds.