Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
actually i'll be surprised if it happens purely because of how badly her first attempt went

efb

Jonny 290 posted:

absolute scrub tier rich person mistake lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

there's ultrapasteurized milk, which has a shelf-life of months without refrigeration when unopened, but north america seems to be allergic to the idea of buying milk that doesn't come from a refrigerator at the store

we're allergic to room temperature milk and also we have grocery stores now so we don't need to drive the wagon into town to buy a year's worth of milk at once

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

absolute scrub tier rich person mistake lmao

iirc she bought it on expedia with her normal credit card

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
uhh then explain why costco is so popular

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
like she's in the bay area, she could just drive there overnight

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

like she's in the bay area, she could just drive there overnight

in this traffic??

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

mystes posted:

It's too bad the people who smuggled Carlos Ghosn out of Japan in a musical instrument case aren't available at the moment

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

in this traffic??

12 hours at most unless you drive like a grandma or have to pee every 30 minutes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mystes posted:

It's too bad the people who smuggled Carlos Ghosn out of Japan in a musical instrument case aren't available at the moment

liz holmes: cello case? i dont know ... do you have maybe a double bass?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
or just like...a chartered jet or something.

i have a feeling she just heard 'flee to mexico!' not realizing that you have to have an entire back half set up, you don't just fly to mexico city and buy a new ID from a guy on the street corner. they have like, a government and poo poo

also narcissists probably don't deal well with the whole "you have a new identity and you can never, ever tell anybody who you really are or become famous ever again" thing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it's also possible she thought flying internationally during a criminal trial to go to a wedding would be fine because she's a sociopathic white lady

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

it's also possible she thought flying internationally during a criminal trial to go to a wedding would be fine because she's a sociopathic white lady

she bought a one-way ticket

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
there's actually lots of uht milk sold - all the fairlife coke milk is uht. just about every organic milk product is uht (because it's so expensive they'd have to throw it all out after a week or three if it weren't). all those ready-made flavoured milk drinks in plastic bottles are uht. we just still chill it because we feel compelled to do it. with that said that is besides my point which is that i still would follow the best-buy dates on those products - they're just longer.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shame Boy posted:

she bought a one-way ticket

uhh uh. the traffic isnt as bad coming from mexico

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
who are you all talking about? what does this have to do with liz, the cool mom?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

at this point im frankly surprised she hasn't tried to say she had an evil twin

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

or just like...a chartered jet or something.

i have a feeling she just heard 'flee to mexico!' not realizing that you have to have an entire back half set up, you don't just fly to mexico city and buy a new ID from a guy on the street corner. they have like, a government and poo poo

also narcissists probably don't deal well with the whole "you have a new identity and you can never, ever tell anybody who you really are or become famous ever again" thing

yeah, if you're going to be doing big money crimes, you need to have an exit plan. a suitcase full of cash and nondescript car at the very least, and preferably a second passport. you cross at least one land border before buying a plane ticket to wherever

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not to wherever, a fuckin nonextradition country

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

we're allergic to room temperature milk and also we have grocery stores now so we don't need to drive the wagon into town to buy a year's worth of milk at once

i mean, actual uht (room temperature stable) milk mostly just tastes like poo poo, but esl milk (needs to be refrigerated, but keeps for ~6 weeks) is pretty much indistinguishable from "normal" milk and real convenient. at least for me as i plan my cooking badly enough that i like to have milk around but don't use it reliably enough to not have the normal stuff go bad regularly.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i mean, actual uht (room temperature stable) milk mostly just tastes like poo poo, but esl milk (needs to be refrigerated, but keeps for ~6 weeks) is pretty much indistinguishable from "normal" milk and real convenient. at least for me as i plan my cooking badly enough that i like to have milk around but don't use it reliably enough to not have the normal stuff go bad regularly.

it's not that it tastes like poo poo, it just tastes a little more cooked. which is fine, you don't have to like it.

i bring it up because in some areas they do a little extra cooking of the milk for safety/infrastructure reasons, and when they tried to back off on it people made the same sort of comments that it tasted weird and wrong

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
just don't drink milk problem solved

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fun rotor fact: my two kids go through a gallon of milk just about every day

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

we're also completely irrationally terrified of radiation, which would be another way to make traditionally tasting milk that had room temp shelf stability measured in months

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i go through a half G a week just for coffee, eta, and maybe 1-2 dishes that need it. Milk's alright. im not down with the 'ah, i'm thirsty, time for a cold glass of milk by itself' tho

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

semi-related news is my lil girl is like an ace baker and has started making cream puffs late at night so i get to wake up to fresh cream puffs. On one hand she should really be asleep at 2am but on the other hand: fresh cream puffs.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
people that drink a glass of milk by itself, for refreshment, are deranged

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mediaphage posted:

it's not that it tastes like poo poo, it just tastes a little more cooked. which is fine, you don't have to like it.

i bring it up because in some areas they do a little extra cooking of the milk for safety/infrastructure reasons, and when they tried to back off on it people made the same sort of comments that it tasted weird and wrong

for all past and future posts of mine about the taste of food products enjoyed by many others: obviously i recognize that this is subjective, but i will for simplicity and conversational expedience speak primarily to my own opinions without repeating this disclaimer in full each time.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

enjoy ur brittle bones

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is a true ethnic caucasian thing. wtf am i gonna do w liquid milk, 99.5% ethnic korean peeps are lactose intolerant

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

Sometimes I just want a cold-rear end glass of milk.

Don't even get me started on ovaltine.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

99.5% ethnic korean peeps are lactose intolerant

sad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

enjoy ur brittle bones

oh no where am i going to find another source of calcium in 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

semi-related news is my lil girl is like an ace baker and has started making cream puffs late at night so i get to wake up to fresh cream puffs. On one hand she should really be asleep at 2am but on the other hand: fresh cream puffs.
professional bakers keep stupid hours, might as well get used to it now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wayne Knight posted:

Sometimes I just want a cold-rear end glass of milk.

Don't even get me started on ovaltine.

if one must drink a glass of milk then it should be as cold as possible

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

oh no where am i going to find another source of calcium in 2023

go chew on an oyster shell

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

professional bakers keep stupid hours, might as well get used to it now

bakers and florists, the original methheads

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

man I could use some of that ultra milk, I don't go through it fast enough

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
really lactose tolerance in adulthood is the exception, most people are not as far as all of humanity goes

it's only people whose ancestors relied on cattle who can do it, so that's mostly white europeans, and their descendants are the ones who decide what goes on supermarket shelves, so welp

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

for all past and future posts of mine about the taste of food products enjoyed by many others: obviously i recognize that this is subjective, but i will for simplicity and conversational expedience speak primarily to my own opinions without repeating this disclaimer in full each time.

i mean i think it's worth pointing out because its not like it doesnt taste like milk or tastes spoiled or something lol

although speaking of which

my so puts cream in his morning coffees and a couple of weeks ago i made a coffee for him (mine did not have Moo Cream in it) and hes like

this coffee tastes...like mushrooms...is it different

the cream dead on smelled like cream of mushroom soup lmao and it wasnt even its date yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

mediaphage posted:

the cream dead on smelled like cream of mushroom soup lmao and it wasnt even its date yet

the expiration date is meaningless, only trust your nose