Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pierson posted:

Finished my 3.0 grandad over the week, it's really an incredible suit. A lot of little pieces and fiddley bits to drive you mad but when it all clicks together at the end it feels so good.

Gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I've only been building since the end of last year and ever since then, this guy has been what I've wanted the most. It was impossible for me to find at retail or anywhere near $100 but last week it popped up and here it is:

I'm so loving stoked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IG-88 posted:

I've only been building since the end of last year and ever since then, this guy has been what I've wanted the most. It was impossible for me to find at retail or anywhere near $100 but last week it popped up and here it is:

I'm so loving stoked.

:toot: glad you scored!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Boy, you don't say that to people in this thread very often.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

IG-88 posted:

I'm so loving stoked.

very excited for you, been eyeballing this and the thunderbolt for a long time too and also saw it pop up recently and my finger is very much on the trigger. post pics!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

IG-88 posted:

I'm so loving stoked.

Looks like they did a reprint recently. Neat!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

grassy gnoll posted:

:drat:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

rude

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

IG-88 posted:

I'm so loving stoked.

This was like my second MG and I still haven't built it other than the backpack and fuel tanks.

The backpack is just massive. It has as much shelf presence as the Deep Striker.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

IG-88 posted:

I'm so loving stoked.

I want this, where should I keep my eyes peeled

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
On the off-chance that you're in the UK Delta H has one in-stock right now: https://www.delta-h.co.uk/product-page/mg-1-100-psycho-zaku-ver-ka-gundam-thunderbolt

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alas I'm a filthy yank

e: galactic toys has it in stock gimme

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 20, 2023

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.
I'm just finishing up mine to go....somewhere it'll fit near the FA and it's been a great build! the tubing stuff was easier than on the FA as well I reckon

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So between P-Bandai shipments and stuff I got at the store today, got the MG Astray Outframe D, RG Destiny Impulse, and HG Aerial Rebuild, Lfrith Ur, and Hy-Gogg.

I just completed the MG Red Frame a few days ago so I feel like I need a break on MG kits for a little, but I do want to do the RG Destiny Impulse (never did the RG Impulse before). On the other hand, I did bang out HG normal Aerial on Thursday and it was pretty inoffensive.

But on the other, other hand, it's a loving Hy-Gogg; what am I in for with this two-decade old kit

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

MechaX posted:

So between P-Bandai shipments and stuff I got at the store today, got the MG Astray Outframe D, RG Destiny Impulse, and HG Aerial Rebuild, Lfrith Ur, and Hy-Gogg.

I just completed the MG Red Frame a few days ago so I feel like I need a break on MG kits for a little, but I do want to do the RG Destiny Impulse (never did the RG Impulse before). On the other hand, I did bang out HG normal Aerial on Thursday and it was pretty inoffensive.

But on the other, other hand, it's a loving Hy-Gogg; what am I in for with this two-decade old kit

A fair amount of repetition to put together the long arms and some BIG panels for the shoulders. Also it's got the big old toe-feet which can be awkward to make look somewhat symmetrical. All in all it's a fine, basic kit, given a little complexity by dint of how unorthodox the base design is.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Probably a dumb question, but I’ve seen some sort of black glue used in YouTube videos like the one below to clean up mould lines, any idea what it is?

https://youtu.be/tyk_3P9ptFY

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's just super glue. Bunch of hobby companies have been making colored CA glue usually as an alternative to putty though you'll want to use accelerant. Basically, standard putty options have all sorts of tradeoffs with each other. Usually the fast and easy-ish already-mixed ones shrink when curing while the ones you have to mix yourself take a lot longer to cure. CA glue, even with accelerant, tends to take some time to harden but is already way more accessible and familiar to a lot of people. There's even colored plastic solvent but with CA glue, you're guaranteed some amount of squeeze-out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Moderoid Aestivalis kits should be releasing tomorrow, HLJ sent me an upcoming orders notification that had the 22nd as the release date.

I preordered both. :smuggo:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Moderoid Aestivalis kits should be releasing tomorrow, HLJ sent me an upcoming orders notification that had the 22nd as the release date.

I preordered both. :smuggo:

I only got the Ground Frame buuuuut if they do Ryoko's..

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

I only got the Ground Frame buuuuut if they do Ryoko's..

I am quietly praying for an Artillery Battle Frame Aestivalis kit to follow the first two.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1660437824590729221?s=20

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Had to replace a knee joint with mounting putty because I lost it but

Yuu Brain is done. Shame that the vital ring is too loving heavy to be really used without an action base
also that the box was so big purely for the ring

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"I won't make the same mistake with gunpla as I did with warhammer, one kit at a time until it's built."

Also me:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ijyt posted:

"I won't make the same mistake with gunpla as I did with warhammer, one kit at a time until it's built."

Also me:

Oh that's cute.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

ijyt posted:

Also me:

Wait till FOMO and P-Bandai grab hold of you. I might have 15 cubic feet of boxes here.....

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nerobro posted:

Wait till FOMO and P-Bandai grab hold of you. I might have 15 cubic feet of boxes here.....

Not a thing for the UK really without jumping through hoops so I'm safe :)

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

ijyt posted:

When you see that one kit at the shop.. that you know you can't order. Or somehow you see a model you know isn't in production. Or that special F-GamesWorkshop color scheme comes up? *grins*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

MechaX posted:

Hey just picked up one of the old Hy-Gogg kits as well- couldn't resist the weird design.

It will join its Dangerous Potato sibling on the shelf

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.

ijyt posted:

I feel like its setting you on a path to ruin but some of the online store owners here will sort you out for p-bandai stuff no problem

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

It's vaguely relevant. I got my BBTS order. I've had order open from BBTS for two years. I've just gotten my first shipment.. because everything I had ordered there, would show up elsewhere for cheaper first. Truth be told, one thing in this order, showed up at the local HobbyTown two months ago. I just.. wanted.. something to come from BBTS.

Digihazard posted:

I feel like its setting you on a path to ruin but some of the online store owners here will sort you out for p-bandai stuff no problem

"You're not helping."

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I preordered about 35 kits from BBTS in early ‘22, and wound up getting all but three from other places.

On the other hand, they gave me a good deal on the PB Zssa that sold out in seconds and never came back, so there’s that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Moderoid Aestivalis-es are out.

Now I just gotta wait for the Kyokai Senki custom limb set with a "May Release" date to release, and I can ship it all.

If I'm gonna build my HG Kenbu from that HLJ Mystery Box, I sure ain't gonna build it stock...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah gonna ship out my Aestie and the Doan's Guncannon along with those gold/silver markers tonight I reckon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh hey, I thought that new MG they showed off was just a straight recolor of the previous Seed manga Gundam, but it turns out it's got more going on

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Got a cool tshirt for my birthday today :smuggo:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How did they get such a tall goose onto a shirt like that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Watched some more gunpla reviews.

The overal vibe of that Out Of Frame(colorvshape) is really good, but the camera feels odd. It seems people like it enough...

At this rate Im gonna get a premium astray. Its just a matter of when.

And I even told myself I wouldn't get 1/100 sizes. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/zigglypuffs/status/1660946491073265665?t=J_IkFChYJS5dp5bYi8AVCg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The Cortana figure is a nice touch.