Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'If you're completely directionless and don't know what to do: First things first: Eat a good meal and get some rest.'

Love this manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this chapter is just for the kabru and captain shippers

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

I adore these two panels

Lmao same. I saved those panels too

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Happy for the Captain
Scraps aren't useless is the most Senshi commentary to throw into this chapter and I love it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I appreciate the magazine giving Kui time to wrap up this final plot point instead of just rushing things to their conclusion. There are so many other series where everything that's happened since the lion would be squished into a single chapter.

The thing with the captain also made me smile.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bad Seafood posted:

I appreciate the magazine giving Kui time to wrap up this final plot point instead of just rushing things to their conclusion. There are so many other series where everything that's happened since the lion would be squished into a single chapter.

I think a big part of that is that the conflict with the demon isn’t really the point of the comic. The point, imo, is the characters and the world, and so the real ending is once they reach a satisfying conclusion

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I agree, and that's clearly Kui's intention, but the editorial staff and readers don't always see it like that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

this chapter is just for the kabru and captain shippers

They deserve it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Harta's well known for being one of the most flexible manga magazines out there. It lets authors skip months if they want, set their own chapter lengths, and otherwise handle things how they like more than the usual.

Probably helps explain why it's getting all this nice room to breathe.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

(a new dungeon meshi chapter comes out) alltimer manga.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

holy poo poo everything about this image lol

I never want this series to end, not because I don't want the story to end or anything, but because man, kui ryoko is good at putting these characters in goofy-rear end hilarious situations

lol that one ruled

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
Strength checks from right to left: 18+0, 12+3, 17+2, 1+-2, was stacking dice.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Lol, I missed that Chilchak isn't even holding anything up.

Mithrun is the best character aside from all the other characters who are also the best so seeing him happy is just great.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ahem. were you two just talking about scraps? because they’re really cool and useful actually. well, see ya.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

panko posted:

ahem. were you two just talking about scraps? because they’re really cool and useful actually. well, see ya.
I love that both options here would be entirely in-character for Senshi: That he understood the situation and offered some words of wisdom, or that he only overheard the last part and dropped some random veggie facts.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This is the best chapter since the last chapter, happy for the captain and Kabru

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Carpator Diei posted:

I love that both options here would be entirely in-character for Senshi: That he understood the situation and offered some words of wisdom, or that he only overheard the last part and dropped some random veggie facts.

Both?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Trailer tomorrow morning.
https://twitter.com/dun_meshi_anime/status/1658080110304722945

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I really hope they get to cover the whole series, I don't think it's that long. At a guess, maybe three twelve-episode seasons would do the trick?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the detailed cooking scenes would really boost the runtime. and well, those are mandatory.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dolash posted:

I really hope they get to cover the whole series, I don't think it's that long. At a guess, maybe three twelve-episode seasons would do the trick?

A three cours meal?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
30 something episodes should be enough, yeah, but I imagine the first season will end with the red dragon fight. It's the most obvious spot.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nah, it'll probably begin with the red dragon fight.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

when it’s completed this is going to be one of the few manga I’m going to reread nose to tail, the series has so many good moments that I’m looking forward to experiencing again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everyone looks so cute animated...

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://youtu.be/tJQb5BP1nTU

Dungeon Meshi... Ooo Dungeon Meshi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Perfect PV, kinda nailed the voices my only gripe is that Laius doesnt quite sound doofy enough.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I like Dungeon Meshi!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hype for this

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Jerkface posted:

Perfect PV, kinda nailed the voices my only gripe is that Laius doesnt quite sound doofy enough.

One can only hope that the audition process required the actors to do their best impression of a dog.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Decided I'm going to re-read this and picked up volumes 1-9 plus the bible. Hadn't realized they have it nearly all translated to the current story.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Scholtz posted:

A three cours meal?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
PV looked pretty good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo music by Mitsuda was unexpected. I'm guessing its going to be a few tracks with his team doing most of the work but still

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just now got to see the trailer and am very hype for the new Dungeon TRIGGER anime!!! :buddy:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Got all my Dungeon Meshi books and gave the series a re-read. It's interesting how many things were called out earlier in the story if you know what to look for (biggest one is Laois' perfect monster pops up multiple times throughout the story.)

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangadex.org/chapter/39e2205e-1037-4597-a4dc-dc3de39461c8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad the character epilogues are continuing