Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

VelociBacon posted:

How did your dads not beat you to death for putting eyebolts and poo poo around your room presumably into the walls and everything???? I once put a thumbtack into the drywall and my dad still reminds me of my embarrassing mistake.

Can't speak for other goons, but maybe because my dad wasn't an insane child/family abuser?

He wasn't perfect, but uhhhh yeah he never beat me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PainterofCrap posted:

I had a claim once, for when a crane dropped a modular home section 75-feet into the hold of a Russian freighter. Crewmen were grabbing carpet, cabinets and the toilet as fast as they could.

That’s quite the toilet to survive a 75’ fall.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

VelociBacon posted:

How did your dads not beat you to death for putting eyebolts and poo poo around your room presumably into the walls and everything???? I once put a thumbtack into the drywall and my dad still reminds me of my embarrassing mistake.

When my cousin bought her house in the mid-90's, we spent like two days picking all of the BBs out of the walls and ceiling of one of the bedrooms, assuming the previous owner's kid shot it up.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

Can't speak for other goons, but maybe because my dad wasn't an insane child/family abuser?

He wasn't perfect, but uhhhh yeah he never beat me up.

:hmmyes:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Can't live there mate.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Our house it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

our house
in the middle of our street

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s quite the toilet to survive a 75’ fall.

Dropping 75’ is the only way to avoid Neptune’s Kiss

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Enos Cabell posted:

I did the same thing in my bedroom as a kid, but I used eye bolts instead of pvc pipe.

Back in my day we used a long stick to turn off the light without getting up and that's how we liked it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Harry_Potato posted:

From the copper pipe instead of a rod to the safety flipflops this is priceless. I want to post that burying the beds in the back yard provides an even better earth connection so I can watch her dig the hole.

You didn't even mention using a knife as a screwdriver

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You mean, they were looting the remnants of the house?

Also, I'm honestly surprised that a modular home or piece thereof would ship with the toilet and cabinets installed.

These were built and completed with all accessories in Lancaster, PA and being shipped to a suburb being built outside of Moscow (1994). 4-5 modules comprised a 2-story house, with the roof built on-site.

There were load hard-points on the underside. Whomever set the slings did not set them properly; the crane performed the lift, swung it over the cargo hold, and it split in half.

It was quite the debris pile. Obviously a total loss and the insured (the crane operator) had no interest in salvage, so the faster it was cleared, the sooner the rest of the modules could be loaded. The crew were getting a bonus is all.

No, I have no idea how the commode survived I just remember looking down into the hold from the catwalk and he was toting it off, cradled in his arms. Three others were rolling up carpet & pad.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ah, finally a place to store all my loose spaghetti

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

FCKGW posted:

ah, finally a place to store all my loose spaghetti

Nah that's where you store the leftover sauce packets from Taco Bell.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Putting the "K" back into "custom"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

That's where I keep my recipe.

Edit also I enjoy that for how hosed up and tiny it is the face is also hosed up too.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lighter drawer

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well yeah, lighter than most, it’s tiny.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 26, 2023

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
They should turn it into a giant pez dispenser. Just tilt the drawer face forward to pop a pez out.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

This is not crappy construction and I will explain why as soon as I can think of something that fits

It's just so drat cute!

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Jenkl posted:

This is not crappy construction and I will explain why as soon as I can think of something that fits

It's just so drat cute!

It's a mail holder for more than four letters but less than six.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A chopstick drawer, but you need to already have a pair of chopsticks out to fish out more chopsticks.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

a knife drawer, until you put a knife in upside down, then it's a danger drawer

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's an armrest, you weirdoes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My UMDs.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

It stores the air coming out of the HVAC full of cheese right below the counter.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

VelociBacon posted:

It stores the air coming out of the HVAC full of cheese right below the counter.

Air is stored in the cheese

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ah, an Emmenthaler aficionado

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Now I can watch people's feet

https://twitter.com/boysbeingboys/status/1662402680394752001?t=Hg6iuV5B8lyCToAvTvqiDw&s=19

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Were they watching the Lego Movie and stopped before everyone explained why a double decker couch is a dumb idea?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm just disappointed that the video ends before it collapsed

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Sad state of affairs that those “college boys” have never been in a dorm room with bunk beds before. Probably showing my age, but having 8+ people jammed into a dorm room to watch a movie involved every surface being filled with people, including people using the bottom bed as a couch, and 1-2 people on the upper bed.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Orvin posted:

Sad state of affairs that those “college boys” have never been in a dorm room with bunk beds before. Probably showing my age, but having 8+ people jammed into a dorm room to watch a movie involved every surface being filled with people, including people using the bottom bed as a couch, and 1-2 people on the upper bed.

Whoa, suddenly I have this nostalgic urge to watch Speed on my 13" TV/VCR combo.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Orvin posted:

my 1 year at college coincided with Friends newly debuting and there would be 10-15 girls crammed into the RA's room every thursday night to watch.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's weird to see them putting that together with nails instead of screws.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

wheatpuppy posted:

Whoa, suddenly I have this nostalgic urge to watch Speed on my 13" TV/VCR combo.

N64 Goldeneye will always be linked in my mind to 4 player split screen on a 13” TV/VCR combo. And it was a so much fun.

Simpler times.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baronjutter posted:

And it’s painful watching them attempt to drive said nails.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

When I was in college my dorm had a lofted couch in the lounge. It was rock solid; the biggest safety hazard was just that you were 6' off the ground with no safety railings.

In other words, this is far from the weirdest college thing I've ever heard of.

Baronjutter posted:

Nails are both stronger than screws and also easier to deconstruct: just pry the two surfaces apart with a crowbar. They're the standard fastener for rough construction for a reason.

Bad Munki posted:

And it’s painful watching them attempt to drive said nails.

This is true though. They evidently don't have much practice.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Might as well get that practice in college where it mostly doesnt matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

A couple friends in college opened up the drop ceiling and hung their beds on chains from the steel trusses so that they could put the couches under them to maximize the floor space. It lasted a day because the fire department did a walkthrough the day after move-in was done because they've been around the block a few times and had seen some poo poo. They were impressed with this one, though.