Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

So, head's up, like the Shonen Jump app there are manga that are on the Viz website that aren't on the app.

Any particularly good ones? I know Dorohedoro isn’t on Viz, at least last I checked. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well it is showing up now. Also there's Black Lagoon and Golgo 13.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, head's up, like the Shonen Jump app there are manga that are on the Viz website that aren't on the app.

Which ones?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Well it is showing up now. Also there's Black Lagoon and Golgo 13.

Oh hell yes, I loved the Netflix series but dropping $400 on a finished manga is a lot, plus the shelving space issue…

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Which ones?

Alice in Borderland
Black Lagoon
Butterflies, Flowers
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction
Dorohedoro
Downfall
Everyone's Getting Married
Golgo 13
Goodnight Punpun
Happy Marriage?!
How Do We Relationship?
Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit
An Incurable Case of Love
Jormungand
March Story
My Love Mix Up!
Sexy Voice and Robo
Spell of Desire
Yakuza Lover

I think that's all the ones. Just doing that by eyeball though so not sure if anything slipped through.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dexo posted:

Yeah I figured Kill Blue wasn't going to go down that path.

I was fairly sure, but I've also been disappointed before.

chiasaur11 posted:

Meanwhile, Tenmaku's showing more interesting difficulties for the production, and focusing more on the how of films. It's not saying much to say it's my favorite of the new batch at the moment, but right now I'm enjoying it.

Yeah, this chapter marked a huge jump in interest for me, and I hope that's the direction it stays in.

Fabricant 100: It getting a color page makes me hopeful it's going to stick around a bit longer

Sakamoto Days: goddamn I love this series

Ichinose Family: I really don't think it knows where it's going anymore

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Alice in Borderland
Black Lagoon
Butterflies, Flowers
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction
Dorohedoro
Downfall
Everyone's Getting Married
Golgo 13
Goodnight Punpun
Happy Marriage?!
How Do We Relationship?
Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit
An Incurable Case of Love
Jormungand
March Story
My Love Mix Up!
Sexy Voice and Robo
Spell of Desire
Yakuza Lover

I think that's all the ones. Just doing that by eyeball though so not sure if anything slipped through.

How do we Relationship is in the app, actually. Which kinda surprised me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have no idea what is and isn't qualified for the app. Is Alice in Borderland worse than Zom 100?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I have no idea what is and isn't qualified for the app. Is Alice in Borderland worse than Zom 100?

I hadn't even realized that simulpub chapters of Shonen Jump or Jump+ series were no longer viewable on the Viz website. I don't have any subscriptions so it links me to mangaplus instead. I'd guess the difference is on which magazines the series ran in

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Is Alice in Borderland worse than Zom 100?

I'm not familiar with Zom 100, but Alice in Borderland is a generally fun/entertaining "death games" manga.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I wonder how well Fabricant 100 is doing - it kind of felt like at the start of this current fight like the manga was heading for a sudden ending with the appearance of #1, but now it kind of feels like maybe it isn't actually headed that way yet?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I wonder how well Fabricant 100 is doing - it kind of felt like at the start of this current fight like the manga was heading for a sudden ending with the appearance of #1, but now it kind of feels like maybe it isn't actually headed that way yet?

Sales were pretty dang poor for volume 1. Worse than Cipher, apparently, and that was getting well below Roboco.

If it's actually getting a stay of execution, it's looking like it's more because there's nothing in the pipe now than because of its own success.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Really liking nue's exorcist so far, and do retry. Also, the suspense in blue box is killing me!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Marriagetoxin: I like that the sister is finally relevant to the plot, considering she kinda set up the whole story in motion. Hope she will help kick the rear end of their little dipshit cousin.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Marriagetoxin: I like that the sister is finally relevant to the plot, considering she kinda set up the whole story in motion. Hope she will help kick the rear end of their little dipshit cousin.

Yeah, it was nice seeing her being happy and justifying why Hikaru was right to do all of this.

But it brings up the question: what good does dipshit think marrying Hikaru is going to do? If the whole point of getting married as clan head is to have kids, why does he think their grandmother would approve?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it was nice seeing her being happy and justifying why Hikaru was right to do all of this.

But it brings up the question: what good does dipshit think marrying Hikaru is going to do? If the whole point of getting married as clan head is to have kids, why does he think their grandmother would approve?

I have to imagine part of the plan is killing Grandma yeah.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I don't care how the story will try and spin this to being technically correct; why did the author bring her back again? Sloth and Pride are next on the list if Wrath is saved for the final encounter and honestly the sheer hypocrisy of this chapter made my eyes roll across the room.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

I like how open and normal this relationship of his sister is. Also, poo poo’s about to get real. No one touches Kinosaki!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MarriageToxin I can see Kinosaki handling this just by talking about how cool Gero is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mei's gonna kick this dude's rear end

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another Versus Chapter. Have not read it yet, but hopefully stuff starts happening.
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/Z2lzdC9nYXVjaGU3LzUzOWY4NDc0ZjVjZTI5YmE2ZTQwYjQ5ZDBiNzk0ZGQwL3Jhdy8/6/1/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Another Versus Chapter. Have not read it yet, but hopefully stuff starts happening.
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/Z2lzdC9nYXVjaGU3LzUzOWY4NDc0ZjVjZTI5YmE2ZTQwYjQ5ZDBiNzk0ZGQwL3Jhdy8/6/1/

Yeah, November's gonna be really fun to watch when we finally get out of this post Paper Mario Nintendo RPG prologue

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

new chapter of Eminence

https://mangadex.org/chapter/af456519-3791-47c3-af8a-23ed894b5dd8/1

and god these last two chapters have just been some of the mangas best work. Incredible stuff.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Do not kill the part of you that is cringe, kill the anonymous poster who called you cringe

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

Do not kill the part of you that is cringe, kill the anonymous poster who called you cringe
Good luck finding them, they were hiding behind 7 proxies.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
then it turns out the poster wasn't a person but just a DaVinci LLM AI trained on reddit shitposting in a training course to become a russian FUD bot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just blitzed through Marriagetoxin in an evening. Good series.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

UnderFreddy posted:

new chapter of Eminence

https://mangadex.org/chapter/af456519-3791-47c3-af8a-23ed894b5dd8/1

and god these last two chapters have just been some of the mangas best work. Incredible stuff.

Just Cid and Beta, traversing the blasted earth, forever searching for the one enemy who eludes them, never suspecting their most hated shitposter was each other.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
beta making it her mission to life to kill someone because of their terrible posts is too real.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Kingtheninja posted:

Really liking nue's exorcist so far, and do retry. Also, the suspense in blue box is killing me!

Is Nue's Exorcist going to go full harem, or is the girlfriend wish fulfillment fully cast with the latest chapter?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heads up, you can get a fuckton of Mashima's works (Rave Master, Fairy Tail, Eden's Zero) for just $30.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/hiro-mashima-universe-kodansha-books

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I need to get back to reading Rave, now that the thought takes me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
After quite a while, the author of Hinamatsuri has a new manga: https://mangadex.org/title/d5208b9d-5233-4672-bf5c-6e7d23767e37/j-m

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Regarding this week's Sakamoto, I got personal enjoyment of how when Sakamoto is thinking all the people near and dear to him Nagumo isn't included

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mashle: the end. I mean I guess it was a cute ending and very Mashle.

Undead: Tournament arc! I somewhat expect Feng to become a big bad at some point.

Sakamoto: That Akao teasing is insane. Really thought she was going to show up at the end.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Regarding this week's Sakamoto, I got personal enjoyment of how when Sakamoto is thinking all the people near and dear to him Nagumo isn't included

Lol, didn’t notice that.

Fabricant: I was totally expecting this to be the end of the line, but it doesn’t appear to be and I love how faithful and thought out the primary conceit of the Fabricants is. Like now with how nr 1 escapes because killing him runs counter to 100s desires.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Blue Box yoooo he did it

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good on Fabricant 100 for having a twist ending of no twist at all. Of course 100 wasn't going to kill 1 or let him get killed.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Sindai posted:

After quite a while, the author of Hinamatsuri has a new manga: https://mangadex.org/title/d5208b9d-5233-4672-bf5c-6e7d23767e37/j-m

It has very Hinamatsuri vibes, despite being far more violent.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When Mashle deliver it delivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

OnimaruXLR posted:

I was so loving happy that one of the ones included was sniper dude with the pet bird like yeah man that's a solid pick.