Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Toyoace is what a Tundra aspires to be when it grows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’ve owners at least 10 toyoace diesels I’ve personally never had a turbo 1kz the, or seen one (I can only get to 98 right now). The one in my pic is 2.0 gas. All my diesel toyoaces are always 3L 2.8 NA diesel which are dead reliable and also slow. Slow meaning of people can’t do 80 mph they think it’s slow. Can do 60-65 all day

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I'd love to have a Toyoace to tool around my mid size town for LowesDepot trips but i'm a coward about buying one

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Do those things get crash tested anywhere? I assume that Japan has a crash testing agency but I can't dig it up on Google. Maybe I need to VPN to Japan to get localized results? A friend of mine that used to drive a NPR box truck for work is telling me they are horribly unsafe and uncomfortable. Basically the brain wants a Tundra, the heart wants a Toyoace.

If you're worried about safety a Tundra is gonna be a much safer option than a 20 year old cab over.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm probably less safety conscious than I should be with my love of '90s cars, but he was making it sound like it's Suzuki Samurai levels of tin can.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Article on the National Automobile Dealers' Convention in Dallas.

Lot's of terrible dealer stuff in it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/05/rich-republicans-party-car-dealers-2024-desantis.html

quote:

By the time car salesmen had won their reputation as the very least scrupulous of business practitioners, dealers had secured such an astounding array of political protections via their lobbying outfit that no countervailing force—economists, car manufacturers, civil rights groups, environmentalists, or the Koch brothers—has been able to thwart them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Article on the National Automobile Dealers' Convention in Dallas.

Lot's of terrible dealer stuff in it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/05/rich-republicans-party-car-dealers-2024-desantis.html
There's a good chance Ohio's next senator will be a lovely car dealer rear end in a top hat turned cryptobro (Bernie Moreno), because of course.

American car dealers really are the scum of the earth, even worse than realtors. I look at how one buys cars in other countries with so much envy.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

stealie72 posted:

There's a good chance Ohio's next senator will be a lovely car dealer rear end in a top hat turned cryptobro (Bernie Moreno), because of course.

American car dealers really are the scum of the earth, even worse than realtors. I look at how one buys cars in other countries with so much envy.

My former House Rep in Texas was Roger Williams, who is a car dealership owner.

Took a while to find it, but his dealership got a $1.5 million PPP loan forgiven, despite him being one of the wealthiest congressmen. I have read that he has been involved in passing a lot of pro-car-dealer-lobby bills. Huge piece of poo poo.

Following the Texas republican party re-gerrymandering the state, they gave him a new district closer to his dealership where he ran completely unopposed.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2023

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
https://www.theregister.com/2023/06/02/cisco_webex_audi_collaboration/

quote:

Nothing says Happy Friday like news that Cisco is trying to help your boss pry yet more of your time and personal space from you: the Webex collaboration app will be equipped in select Audi cars from next year.

The networking biz has said it is working with the Volkswagen Group's software developer CARIAD and Samsung subsidiary HARMAN to create the "first app for hybrid work" in vehicles from 2024.

So not only are you faced with endless meetings in the home office, the office office, and just about anywhere else you can take a laptop or a phone, now there'll be one fewer place to hide. Instead of resisting the urge to shout at reckless drivers, you'll be holding your tongue tight to not tell John in accounts that he shouldn't be extending the meeting by contesting the contents of slide 50.

*Desire to be a neo-luddite intensifying*

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I attended Zoom meetings in my company car during long travels to losses (Phila-Brooklyn) in 2016. No camera of course.

Once I passed a NJ state trooper going almost 90-MPH and hollered "gently caress!!" at the top of my lungs. Cop never moved, but my eyes slid down to my phone, and confirmed that I was on an open mike with at least 30-people, including everyone I knew and three tiers of bosses.

There was a long pause & the meetings resumed. It was never spoken of. And I was grateful.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Seeing this kind of poo poo makes me glad I work at a place where I can tell my boss that he's a fuckin oval office and not get fired.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PainterofCrap posted:

I attended Zoom meetings in my company car during long travels to losses (Phila-Brooklyn) in 2016. No camera of course.

Once I passed a NJ state trooper going almost 90-MPH and hollered "gently caress!!" at the top of my lungs. Cop never moved, but my eyes slid down to my phone, and confirmed that I was on an open mike with at least 30-people, including everyone I knew and three tiers of bosses.

There was a long pause & the meetings resumed. It was never spoken of. And I was grateful.

One time I was tooling around in MS Flight Simulator during a meeting. The whole team including the customer was hearing "TERRAIN TERRAIN, PULL UP" as I deliberately crashed into the White House.

"Hey Blue, your mic is on" is all anyone said.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Saw this car at the gas station last weekend, but didn't slow down to take a picture because the driver was sitting in it. It pulled out behind us yesterday, so I looped around to make sure it was documented. It's tough to see, but it says "I got your 6" above the windshield, and there was some other generic blue lives emblem on the back when I saw it the first time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Even the calipers are blue lmao
Wheres the punisher skull, or has that gone out of fashion

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Saw this car at the gas station last weekend, but didn't slow down to take a picture because the driver was sitting in it. It pulled out behind us yesterday, so I looped around to make sure it was documented. It's tough to see, but it says "I got your 6" above the windshield, and there was some other generic blue lives emblem on the back when I saw it the first time.

thanks I hate it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Blue Footed Booby posted:

One time I was tooling around in MS Flight Simulator during a meeting. The whole team including the customer was hearing "TERRAIN TERRAIN, PULL UP" as I deliberately crashed into the White House.

"Hey Blue, your mic is on" is all anyone said.

You know you’re on a list now right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
various users of these forums have been mass shooters, intelligence officers, mercenaries, child molesters, and domestic terrorists. the entire site and all its posts are archived by the library of congress. every semi-active poster on something awful is "on a list."

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 3, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

The size of the bed is exactly the same.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nitrox posted:

The size of the bed is exactly the same.

Doubt.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The smaller one has a bigger bed probably

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

The smaller one has a bigger bed probably

Correct.

The long beds have a really really long gap between the step and the square mf wheel well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Saw this on the way to work and did my very best to get the gently caress away from anywhere near this lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

Correct.

The long beds have a really really long gap between the step and the square mf wheel well.

not on the 3/4 ton. 3/4 ton short boxes are still 6.9 feet to meet the minimum epa requirement to be called a truck. On the short box the step is almost touching the wheel well. From this angle it looks like a long box.

But still, my already massive 3/4 ton is dwarfed by the newer ones, and they're all just empty space to look "butch"

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

orange juche posted:

Saw this on the way to work and did my very best to get the gently caress away from anywhere near this lol

That's just scrappers.jpg :shrug:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

not on the 3/4 ton. 3/4 ton short boxes are still 6.9 feet to meet the minimum epa requirement to be called a truck. On the short box the step is almost touching the wheel well. From this angle it looks like a long box.

But still, my already massive 3/4 ton is dwarfed by the newer ones, and they're all just empty space to look "butch"

Lol loving GM. Today I learned against my will.

The 2020+ chev 2500s are bigger than my 1990 F350 and my 2012 F550. Open the hood of one and it's like... all air. I could barely pluck engine parts and tools out of a bed of a rental 2020 1500. At six goddamn feet tall.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dagen H posted:

Also appears to be noloadsecurity.jpg.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gravitational load securement.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

wesleywillis posted:

Also appears to be noloadsecurity.jpg.

Dagen H posted:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Man that’s totally methed up!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Powershift posted:

Gravitational load securement.

I saw that poo poo with the completely bottomed out shocks and smashed out rear window and I was like "nope i've seen final destination I'm good"

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Scratch Monkey posted:

Man that’s totally methed up!

:golfclap:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Delicious delicious boot leather.

Saw a Jeep that was done up almost identically to this today.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I'm in PA at the Ford Nationals and there are several cars like this. It's awful.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I bet it's an automatic, it's hard to row gears while standing your ground inside your (moving) car by shooting out the front glass because you felt threatened

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 3, 2023

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

orange juche posted:

Looks they’ve cut up an old boiler, how much asbestos contamination is there I wonder.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Lol loving GM. Today I learned against my will.

The 2020+ chev 2500s are bigger than my 1990 F350 and my 2012 F550. Open the hood of one and it's like... all air. I could barely pluck engine parts and tools out of a bed of a rental 2020 1500. At six goddamn feet tall.

The fifth-wheel pin puller is your friend for plucking things from a long, tall bed. Useful for a bunch of stuff, really.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fornax Disaster posted:

Looks they’ve cut up an old boiler, how much asbestos contamination is there I wonder.

Not much in the truck. Nice of them to produce a loving cloud of airborne asbestos particles though.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtDE1zkpCwW/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Any ID on the car? first time my friend has stumped me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This run should have charged more. What a bargain