Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RatHat posted:

2660 Pieces
1 currently unknown minifigure
$169.99 USD

Okay then. I guess it’s for people who thought the previous Hogwarts was too big/expensive

It's also the most complete and accurate version of the castle. The previous microscale version didn't have the Astronomy Tower or the Greenhouses (which is partly why they are shown in the preview) and the two recent minifigure scale ones have made significant (and sensible) compromises for playability.

I'm not sure if it's got the Clock Tower though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Veotax posted:

Yeah, it's a weird test that's being run. The idea is to add the catalogue to orders over a certain amount, instead of sending them out randomly to people or however it's done already.
I guess adding them as a GWP is the quickest way to do it.

It's only being done in the US and only until we run out of the initial stock, right now. I guess they'll decide if they want to keep doing this after.

I actually don't mind them sending catalogs if you make a purchase. I do mind them not doing calendars any more. It's not like LEGO isn't massively profitable as is. It's a privately held company so they don't have a ton of shareholders to appease. I really don't get it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Somebody posted a bunch of bionicle memes in the meme thread and now I am sharing the post here.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=532233343#post532233343

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

We have a fourth one on the way.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I would have gotten a third of those VIP bags today if my local had any left. At least it's a solid parts pack, a start to a decent little farm or something. I'd be happy with a smaller pack that only has the animals, but I certainly won't turn down extra gravy.

Lego (US) was having some seriously massive issues with their new POS system. All of the new Harry Potter, Friends, and all of the Ninjago sets besides City Markets couldn't be sold because they weren't in said POS system's inventory database. Families had been waiting around in-store or wasting time around the mall just to buy sets. I had no idea that Lego has Ikea-style heavy-tarp bags for their massive sets, but I certainly appreciated it while carrying City Markets back to my car.

Pac-Man looked pretty much perfect in person. It was one of the window displays and it unquestionably looked the part as I was walking towards the store. The upscaled minifig also looks darn good besides the weird flat brim cap. I'm hoping that there will be a "not-Benny" version, or maybe Vader? Some folks have been spitballin' the idea that the rumored upcoming Chewie buildable fig might be an upscaled Chewie minifig set, and although I'd love for that to be the case, I highly doubt it'll end up being that cool. But here's to hoping :cheers:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't that already a not-benny version?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I was under the impression that Lego doesn't have the rights to that character, I meant an upscaled classic blue spaceduder with a helmet that's not weirdly incorrect and the needed air tanks on their back.

Any color would be fine too, of course. The flat brim cap just feels weak as hell, especially compared to the exclusive Pirate upscale.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 2, 2023

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Blue Moonlight posted:

We have a fourth one on the way.

I have four. While these were out I also bought the pirate and halloween bags as well. We are starting a pepper farm tended by skeletons.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I finished the Great Wave off LegoCity, and while pretty dull the finished product is pretty big and impressive.
I actually like this genera, it's like the lego version of a dad-game. Podcast on the computer in my ears, famous art being layered together with my hands. Zone out while some progress bar reaches finished. Open the next bag. repeat.

I used the brick seperator more here than ever before.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-mars-rover-perseverance-42158
Mars rover

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

HootTheOwl posted:

I finished the Great Wave off LegoCity, and while pretty dull the finished product is pretty big and impressive.

Mine is arriving tomorrow, I have the perfect space for it on my wall

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

2660 Pieces
1 currently unknown minifigure
$169.99 USD

Okay then. I guess it’s for people who thought the previous Hogwarts was too big/expensive

wish they'd stop making HP poo poo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Do you guys ever take apart and rebuild? I hosed up part of the Simpsons house and half the roof fell off. I was thinking about taking it apart and rebuilding but kinda worried I might have lost a piece here or there

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

Do you guys ever take apart and rebuild? I hosed up part of the Simpsons house and half the roof fell off. I was thinking about taking it apart and rebuilding but kinda worried I might have lost a piece here or there

If something gets gungy from display over a long period of time, I'll take it apart, do a thorough soak/wash of all the pieces, and build it back up again. The modulars tend to get a good bath every couple years just to keep them in tip-top shape.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I would take apart and rebuild precisely because I was worried I was missing a piece or not, that way you'd be absolutely sure.

Whenever I've had sets take a dive, I can generally put them back together again without needing to totally deconstruct them, but with the manual on hand so I can see that everything is where it should be.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When wicked bricks say it takes 6-8 weeks shipping is that on the boat or until they put it in the mail?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

When wicked bricks say it takes 6-8 weeks shipping is that on the boat or until they put it in the mail?

Yes.

But for real, WickedBrick's policy is basically 'Ehh, gently caress it, we'll ship it whenever we get around to it'. In my experience it ships six weeks after you order it, and gets there a couple weeks after that, so basically the eight weeks, but I've had stuff take longer too. It feels like the definition of someone's side business that they just kinda do whenever, despite that I'm pretty sure this is someone's whole thing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Yes.

But for real, WickedBrick's policy is basically 'Ehh, gently caress it, we'll ship it whenever we get around to it'. In my experience it ships six weeks after you order it, and gets there a couple weeks after that, so basically the eight weeks, but I've had stuff take longer too. It feels like the definition of someone's side business that they just kinda do whenever, despite that I'm pretty sure this is someone's whole thing.

Oh I live in the us so I expected forever shipping but I thought they'd print the label sooner rather then later

Thanks!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Just when I thought I was out.

Kinda surprised it took so long, this seemed like such an obvious one to add to the NASA pile.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s fuckin August release in the US but racingbrick (I think?) has a review of it up

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunk Dunk posted:

I take most sets apart and put them away at some point. Because I need room for the NC Markets I am in the process of taking apart Jazzclub. I will also take down Galaxy Explorer because I am moving the A-Frame to that spot. To make room for the A-Frame I took down Sanctum Sanctorum and Tallneck. And so on.

Some people leave their sets up forever which makes me wonder what their houses are like. Mini LEGO museums?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Waltzing Along posted:

I take most sets apart and put them away at some point. Because I need room for the NC Markets I am in the process of taking apart Jazzclub. I will also take down Galaxy Explorer because I am moving the A-Frame to that spot. To make room for the A-Frame I took down Sanctum Sanctorum and Tallneck. And so on.

Some people leave their sets up forever which makes me wonder what their houses are like. Mini LEGO museums?

What do you do with them once disassembled?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

... yes.

This is just the living room. :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Whats under those censor bars? Unless you confirm it's something else, I'm gonna assume anime tiddy figures.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

veni veni veni posted:

Whats under those censor bars? Unless you confirm it's something else, I'm gonna assume anime tiddy figures.

The house is also a Bad Dragon museum

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I will never dox myself to the FBI agent assigned to monitor my excellent posting.

You guys don't need to see my family photos, my degree, or the other stuff so you can track me down and wear my skin

I don't keep my sex toys on shelves in my living room

That's more of a bedroom drawer thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm still going to wear your skin regardless.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The goal is to leave them up but placed precariously near edges as traps for my kid so that we can bond over rebuilding them. Or build them into something new. Since this hell world only have me enough money for one kid gotta make sure I pass on the right problems. Which is also why the mtg collection must be placed in the deepest pit where she'll never find it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bedroom drawer is where I store extra parts from my sets.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That modular street under the tv rules, wish I could do that. Must be a pain to dust, tho?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Zwille posted:

That modular street under the tv rules, wish I could do that. Must be a pain to dust, tho?

no one that buys lego also dusts

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Zwille posted:

Yeah, the dusting is the only part that really sucks. Combination of Swiffer hand dusters, miniature vacuum, and compressed air every couple weeks keeps it OK, but it still feels like fighting a losing battle.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Just when I thought I was out.

Kinda surprised it took so long, this seemed like such an obvious one to add to the NASA pile.

It’s very Technic, so it’s giant and has working features but is not a super accurate model.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I would have preferred if they had made it a regular Lego set.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Never seen a more "I don't have cats" set of pictures before.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

I would have preferred if they had made it a regular Lego set.

Same. Technic is always kinda ugly to display, even if it’s a well-done set.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they were worried it would be too similar to the Curiosity rover released years ago, but that hasn't stopped them from releasing 15,000 x-wings. it looks like it's going to be big, but not really have a lot of detail, which is the problem with every technic set. If it were brick built, it could have all the details, but maybe wouldn't be strong enough at the scale they'd need to build it.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
They really should have made the rover remote controlled.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Checkmate, atheists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Grand Fromage posted:

Ha, I couldn't pinpoint why it looked so foreign but yep