Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I love this thread :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 posted:

I love this thread :allears:

:same:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

This is one of the wildest series of posts I’ve seen in a long time. And I don’t mean that in a bad way.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I'd get that quote for the thread title if I thought it would fit. :v:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Is he streaming himself building a model kit on the floor like a animal?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

Is he streaming himself building a model kit on the floor like a animal?

I saw a guy building one in a parking lot on the trunk lid of his car once.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Carpet monster can't eat your vfin if you're already at the carpet

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Phy posted:

Carpet monster can't eat your vfin if you're already at the carpet

Unironically do this for RGs.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crw24c0PGPz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I feel personally attacked lol

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Pierson posted:

It's got the Emotion Manipulator hands which narrows it down to like a half-dozen suits. The shield is white so it isn't the Sazabi or the Sinanju. Probably the Unicorn, Nu or Hi-Nu.

On that topic I've actually come to dislike the EMs quite a bit. They are super-fiddley to clean-up after cutting them out and if you gently caress up even a little and pop them out they lose grip instantly. I think I prefer the ones where they come as a trigger thumb, trigger finger and then set of three molded together.

Funny this came up; I was working on my MG Jesta last night and got to the hands. Just an awful overengineered pain to work with. I finally just glued the problem digits into place since the pinky and index finger kept falling off when I was trying to have it hold its gun. It's somewhat soured me on an otherwise amazing kit.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I like the emotion hands for cool poses but I do think they should include static ones too.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hello new p-bandai listings why yes it is a new budget month

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

drat that kampfer schwer is tough looking

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

grabbed that quebely damned without even thinking it hits all the right notes for me. elegant simplicity ftw

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Machinedramon is an extremely good kit holy poo poo. Sturdy as hell, joints that click into place, and really stable despite how top heavy it looks.

Also I finally got around to getting myself a dedicated display shelf for my kits.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Friend got into Gunpla really heavily in the last few months, not gonna lie I find their way of doing things strange because the thought of sorting through this gives me anxiety but they're having fun so who am I to judge.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I feel sick

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Weird BIAS posted:

Friend got into Gunpla really heavily in the last few months, not gonna lie I find their way of doing things strange because the thought of sorting through this gives me anxiety but they're having fun so who am I to judge.

Gives them that Lego search for the piece feeling I guess.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

boz posted:

Gives them that Lego search for the piece feeling I guess.

I can only hope that they're planning on painting that kit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah that's deffo the Lego Method.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I've done that myself a few times, but only on simpler kits or something I've built before like GM variants. I'd never do it on something with more parts than a HG. Worked out to be a little faster due to not having to grab different runners all the time and unlike Lego, parts aren't really that similar looking as to get lost in the pile.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I somehow missed that the Aestie comes with a Batta in the box

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

I somehow missed that the Aestie comes with a Batta in the box

How dare you get yours before mine arrives! :argh:

How's the kit looking out of the box? There's not a lot to gently caress up colour-separation-wise, I'd have thought.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Moai Ou posted:

I've done that myself a few times, but only on simpler kits or something I've built before like GM variants. I'd never do it on something with more parts than a HG. Worked out to be a little faster due to not having to grab different runners all the time and unlike Lego, parts aren't really that similar looking as to get lost in the pile.

Same, if it's something I've built a variant of a few times, it's a lot of fun to nip and clean every part first and then just snap it together in one sitting.

Pierson posted:

On that topic I've actually come to dislike the EMs quite a bit. They are super-fiddley to clean-up after cutting them out and if you gently caress up even a little and pop them out they lose grip instantly. I think I prefer the ones where they come as a trigger thumb, trigger finger and then set of three molded together.

The emotion manipulators are a good idea

...and that's the only good thing I can think to say. I really hate them too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How dare you get yours before mine arrives! :argh:

How's the kit looking out of the box? There's not a lot to gently caress up colour-separation-wise, I'd have thought.

Every colour's on its own sheet and there's..it feels like more sheets than the brain had? At a glance it looks fine

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
My local hobby store got in a stock of the HG Gespenst kit, so I immediately bought it. Anything I should know before I build it?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Only that it's cool.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Televisio Frankus posted:

My local hobby store got in a stock of the HG Gespenst kit, so I immediately bought it. Anything I should know before I build it?

It owns, that's not much of a surprise.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
All the SRW kits are great, consider them if you like the Gespent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What should a *reasonably* priced Master Grade be in the ballpark of Canadian Funbux? There's a newer hobby shop up the street from me that apparently has gunpla but I'm still feeling I overpaid for the Victory 2 Ver. Ka I bought a few years back.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

What should a *reasonably* priced Master Grade be in the ballpark of Canadian Funbux? There's a newer hobby shop up the street from me that apparently has gunpla but I'm still feeling I overpaid for the Victory 2 Ver. Ka I bought a few years back.

Depends on the MG, really. Going by Japanese prices, they vary from cheaper than some high grades to nearing a Perfect Grade.

The V2 at retail was 4500 yen, so somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 bucks would be normal accounting for shipping.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

chiasaur11 posted:

Depends on the MG, really. Going by Japanese prices, they vary from cheaper than some high grades to nearing a Perfect Grade.

The V2 at retail was 4500 yen, so somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 bucks would be normal accounting for shipping.

4500yen is 32.16usd or 43.09cad, so add maybe a third to that for Canadian Dollarydoos. I have no idea how either the US or Canadian gunpla market is doing lately though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So $125 for thr MG Full Armour from Thunderbolt *at a discount* is kind of outrageous?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

So $125 for thr MG Full Armour from Thunderbolt *at a discount* is kind of outrageous?

That's a bit steep but not totally outrageous by US price standards if it's 125 Canadian. If it's 125 US then lmao.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

A good price, before discount, in CAD for MG full armour should be about $110. A fair, average price should be $125.
Unless "at a discount" is like 5%, that place is overpriced.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Pierson posted:

All the SRW kits are great

Unless it's the Cybaster.

Foglet fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 3, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Foglet posted:

Unless it's the Cybaster.

What's the problem with Cybuster?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

it's a bust

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Picked up an Entry Grade Nu Gundam, and a HG God Gundam, to go with my HG Deathscythe. Got a couple weeks off in July that I'm going to try and build all three.

If I like those, I already have my eyes on The RX-78-2, and a Wing Gundam Zero. Rose Gundam looks really good too. I really only know the original series (and Chars Counterattack), along with G and Wing Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Which of the RX-78 and Wing Zero are you considering? There are several of each and the quality varies wildly.