Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m inside Soldier Field right now for Taylor Swift and I’m wearing a Packer jersey because I’m the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Pops Mgee posted:

I’m inside Soldier Field right now for Taylor Swift and I’m wearing a Packer jersey because I’m the worst.

Throw it in the trash, buy some taylor merch and wear that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I meant to go see a man city game irl :shobon:

:getout:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

This isn’t the thread that’s supposed to have hard opinions about football, we’re supposed to have hard opinions about Football :patriot:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

... Of the country

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

This isn’t the thread that’s supposed to have hard opinions about football, we’re supposed to have hard opinions about Football :patriot:

thinking the packers loving suck isn't a hard opinion though

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

thinking the packers loving suck isn't a hard opinion though

:hmmyes:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

I think you are assuming they are more stuck than they are. Land is an investment. It only goes up in value. If they don't want to wait, they could just build houses or condos there and triple their return.

They own a billion dollar franchise. They can easily find a way to take out a low interest loan if they absolutely have to. But they won't have to because they will get tax breaks because that is how this works. This is all a part of the negotiation process.

They'll probably just bribe enough people to get a handout but that isn't a house you just flip if it doesn't work out. It's a weird piece of land in a suburb with only a handful of buyers. And if Arlington Heights wants to play hardball, they can refuse to re-zone it for residential properties or whatever else it would be sold for.

Anyway, gently caress the McCaskeys. They've never worked a day in their life and gotten handout after handout while turning the Bears into one of the worst franchises in football. If they don't like the taxes, sell the loving team. I'm so tired of that family begging for handouts.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also where in Naperville would they even put a stadium? It's pretty dense and traffic is already bad. And if they think they're going to get a better price on land in Naperville over Arlington Heights, they're in for a shock.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

They should put it at Hawthorne Race Course, on Cicero near I-55. It's got a Golden Corral and a Wal-Mart right next to it!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Put it in will county near GSU. Plenty of space and I'm sure Will will give them infinity dollars to do it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Put it in will county near GSU. Plenty of space and I'm sure Will will give them infinity dollars to do it

No.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
If you really want to stick it to Green Bay, put your money where your mouth is and build the stadium in Kenosha. Or buy out and demolish the Mount Pleasant Foxconn building.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Make them move to Decatur and change their name back to the Staleys. Then give Chicago an expansion team called the Bears.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Niwrad posted:

Make them move to Decatur and change their name back to the Staleys. Then give Chicago an expansion team called the Bears.

I always name one of my fantasy football teams Decatur Staleys and use some of the old logos ive found.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I found out that if you pronounce it “deck-ah-tur” it makes a lot of people very cross, so make sure you do that for added effect

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I found out that if you pronounce it “deck-ah-tur” it makes a lot of people very cross, so make sure you do that for added effect

Don't do this.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I'm a Chelsea fan cause my cousin told me I should root for them... I have no idea how to select a football team on my own.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm a Chelsea fan cause my cousin told me I should root for them... I have no idea how to select a football team on my own.

But do you know how to select your local grocer?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ZombieCrew posted:

Don't do this.

How is it meant to be pronounced

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Decatur (/dɪˈkeɪtər/ dih-KAY-tər)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Matteson, return my phone calls! University Park is willing to play ball and extend the metra one stop

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mike Dikatur

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wollawolla posted:

Or buy out and demolish the Mount Pleasant Foxconn building.

:hmmyes: :sickos:

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Pritzkers are building a museum near the Foxconn site and there’s probably more there now than what Foxconn has done

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hand Row posted:

The Pritzkers are building a museum near the Foxconn site and there’s probably more there now than what Foxconn has done

The JB suck it Scott you idiot museum to Scott's lovely foxconn plant

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hand Row posted:

That’s cool, I had no idea.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Microsoft just purchased a huge plot of land next to the Foxconn site for a massive data center, so the Bears ownership better get in there quick!

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
The Bears are not solely owned by the McCaskeys, like 20% is owned by Pat Ryan who is worth over 9 Billion by himself. I have to assume based on the Commanders sale looking to be around $6billion, a internationally popular football team in a top 3 market in a state with legal gambling and an off track betting license attached to a property that they are about invest another $4billion into, would put the teams value at $10+ billion. Maybe I’m way off, but if i’m capable of financing that for them i am 100% financing that for them. Point being, they are not going to have any trouble paying for all of this.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ZombieCrew posted:

Don't do this.

In one of the many terrible sports gambling ads, during the minute long listing of each state’s gambling hotline, the guy pronounces Illinois with the ‘s’ and it really just propels it into a new tier of poo poo

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Pontius Pilate posted:

In one of the many terrible sports gambling ads, during the minute long listing of each state’s gambling hotline, the guy pronounces Illinois with the ‘s’ and it really just propels it into a new tier of poo poo

Guy is probably from wisconsin tryin to stick to the fibs.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

so I know the Lions play the Bears and Packers thanksgiving week this year and thought I'd see how much it would be to trek out to Detroit for both games and yeah, maybe next year

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Buying tickets to a Lions game after they win the Super Bowl will be a nightmare, too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The cost is tolerable, but a 1pm UK time outbound flight and a 6pm ET redeye home isn't really ideal

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I'm currently living outside of the mitten for the time being, but I'm heading back for a friend's wedding around Halloween and I'm really tempted to go to the MNF game against the Raiders.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I got lower bowl vs the Falcons at ford field and they only ran $170 a ticket. Cheaper than I was expecting

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

When I went in 2013 I got two tickets for the game against Tampa on the sunday at $37 each, and two for the Green Bay game at $74 each in the top tier of the end zone

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can’t wait to see T Swizzle in Arlington Heights instead

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lions are going to embarrass themselves for five games straight right?