Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's really hard to reconcile how little mihawk ever seems to do with how proactive he was in taking out some schlub that wandered into the grand line.

Maybe mihawk plotted out their course and wanted a nice meal on top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

notwithyourheart posted:

buggy is named yonko for comedy’s sake, but it seems like mihawk is calling the shots in cross guild so isn’t he effectively an emperor now anyway

Crocodile is more the actual leader, given that everything has been his idea including bringing Mihawk on board. But him and Mihawk are equals in the relationship.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah I got the vibe Croc was the planner, Buggy the face and Mihawk the muscle.

Also so ready for the reveal that Croc is actually Hancocks mother, it only makes sense.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's interesting how the three of them together form a really potent Yonko, but none of them would really be able to do it on their own without the others. It's kind of crazy how perfectly they work together.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crocodile is Lily

E: Croco D. Ile

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Croco is actually the lily empress from before the granny

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Crocodile is actually the third blackbeard sibling.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I remember when the most Garp had done was throw a cannonball and people would be saying “no way was he actually Roger’s rival. Dude’s a total scrub loser and just not a big deal” and it took 800 chapters but Garp has thrown a punch and people are less dubious about whether he strong now. Same thing with Shanks until he butchered Kid and that was 1000 chapters or so.

I think for the most part in OP you can just believe the hype that is made around characters and theorising about maybe a dude is actually way weaker then his rep won’t get you anywhere.

I believe in Buggy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Maybe mihawk plotted out their course and wanted a nice meal on top?

I don't know, Don Krieg is the sort of person who can really piss off a guy, He probably said or did something Mihawk took a little personally. And since Mihawk is basically just out there vibing at that point in the story, why not go dunk this fool into the depths of the sea?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't know, Don Krieg is the sort of person who can really piss off a guy, He probably said or did something Mihawk took a little personally. And since Mihawk is basically just out there vibing at that point in the story, why not go dunk this fool into the depths of the sea?

They woke him from a nap if I recall.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Just wanna say that I don't really care for powerscaling, and the only reason I ever use the term Hakiman is because this video is always playing in my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjpFJaJpSVo`

heh heh heh

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They woke him from a nap if I recall.

Ultra pissed off by that.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/w9RvBcC

early scans

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:v:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol

Zoro is going to clash swords with the god of accounting

oh huh

The Crocodile Seraphim looks kind of femininely maybe you goons aren't just meming

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 7, 2023

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
lol at the planet name puns in some of the big 5 names,

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Had the same thought lol

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

drat, this chapter is crazy, Can't wait for next week!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Uh-oh, here come the moon man memes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Great now we have to work out what the will of 'V' is

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Sabo ending up almost bleeding out while stowing away in a ship, just like the situation he put Burgess in recently lol. I also like how the Doffy pacifista has the 40 year old Doffy's swagger

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

So is Garling the father of Shanks? They have the same surname...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7389/one-piece-chapter-1086?t=1686160800000

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Cat Machine posted:

I'm assuming yeah since it was brought up in the one piece movie, if not his father a relative and Shanks showing up at Marineford to end the war might not have been because of his strength but who his father is

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Did we know god valley was a kingdom before this? And how does a former king end up a celestial dragon in the modern era?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has Ivankov always talked like that?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only in fan scans I think

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
RIP to the one decent Celestial Dragon.
Gonna be a long 5 weeks.....

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

No Wave posted:

Did we know god valley was a kingdom before this? And how does a former king end up a celestial dragon in the modern era?

We already knew God Valley was home to some Celestial Dragons, so it's not unreasonable to think that one of the families ruled over the island like a kingdom

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Ah, so it was an ancient weapon that destroyed Lulusia, but before the current government didn't have any means to power it. Vegapunk's research into creating infinite free energy for all mankind has meant that they can finally use the terrifying legacy of the void century to it's full potential.

Also, lol, immortality operation.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look at S-Flamingo's drip.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Some truly amazing names this chapter.

I liked Ivankov and Dragon debating things just like the readers would- If there's an ability that can make people immortal, then someone must have used it. An island destroying weapon could be an ancient weapon, but probably isn't because the government would definitely have used it before now, so it's probably a new development, which means it's probably Vegapunk. (Never mind the fact that we explicitly learned that was the case a few pages ago.) It's very much the logic folks in this thread have been going over with the same information.

How is the former king of God Valley a tenryubito? I thought all the world nobles lived in Marijoa. Can you actually make deals to be elevated to celestial dragon, or were there some actually living in God Valley? We knew there were some present in the God Valley incident, but I never imagined that was actually their home. And even if they were living there... how was one of them the king? I thought they were supposed to all be equal at the top, with none over the others. Maybe it was just his family as the royal family of that country. But even then, how is that different than Alabasta? It's been established that if you stay behind to be king of a country, you don't get to be tenryubito.

So many questions!

Including...

Cat Machine posted:

When did we learn Shanks surname?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Eiba posted:

When did we learn Shanks surname?
Film Red

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I can't believe Lulusia was foreshadowing Oda's laser eye surgery. As in, the surgery meant to give him laser eyes.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

One of the Celestial Dragons complaining they only have cake to eat is really funny

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if S-Crocodile has the scar because Oda needed a way to tell it apart from S-Hawk at a glance.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder if S-Crocodile has the scar because Oda needed a way to tell it apart from S-Hawk at a glance.

I definitely thought it was S-Hawk even WITH the scar lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Poor poor Igaram :qq: