Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Whipped through the Spirit Temple today and went from 1 to 4 full batteries. Now just gearing up to blast Ganondorf. I'm coming bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's cum. Ganondorf dropped big fat loads into the Death Mountain streams and that's why they're all blocked up. The cum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I've changed my mind about this.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've changed my mind about this.

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

coward.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

coward.

Well, I went to Zora's Domain and that was definitely the cum one.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Well, I went to Zora's Domain and that was definitely the cum one.

Come on man.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

welcome posted:

Come on man.

I bet you would like that.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol nailed it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1665718063550066688?s=46&t=1wxTwgHqUTnu_jNu-A3Upw

:staredog:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol what the hell

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lmfao incredible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I uh. I think Riju is going to be mad at me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I uh. I think Riju is going to be mad at me

oh no lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Goddamn the lightning temple kicks rear end. The dungeons are a big improvement on botw but I wish they all had more of a dense dungeon vibe

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

yeah I think lightning was my fave

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I think I accidentally skipped a whole chunk of the lightning temple I wasn't meant to via ascend because I got to the entrance warp point and instead of green it flashed red, the screen went black, scene reloaded with Riju suddenly reappearing and link in a new spot and the cinematic played out. Just a handful of puzzles then the boss, and there were one or two floors on the map that I never went to.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Goddamn the lightning temple kicks rear end. The dungeons are a big improvement on botw but I wish they all had more of a dense dungeon vibe

*completely serious and flatly* The building has to be at least three times bigger than this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

*completely serious and flatly* The building has to be at least three times bigger than this.

Yes when I posted that I thought I maybe had another half the level to go. Well, it was still good

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
yeah its FTW I appreciate that there's at least much more variety in them than BOTW

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The water temple felt very lazy and empty but at least it was pretty

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

My dungeon tier list: lightning > fire > wind > spirit > water

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i don't know why they used the same structure for all four dungeons. it's not like they were short on ideas for this game. there's so many crazy unique quests and stuff why not make some unique dungeons like we used to have

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Some of the shrines feel more like dungeons with the winding paths and small keys, would have been cool to see that integration in the others. I will say tho the lightning and fire dungeons did stick out and def came off memorable

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

i’m not a fan of the hub style modern dungeons. the first half of lightning temple felt like a classic 3d zelda dungeon and i wish they did more of that. it’s a small complaint and they did mix things up a bit more compared to botw but it would be nice to see more of it in the future

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I wanna get locked in a room til i fight two stalfos. gently caress yeah

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Half of Dracula posted:

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Social Media posted:

i’m not a fan of the hub style modern dungeons. the first half of lightning temple felt like a classic 3d zelda dungeon and i wish they did more of that. it’s a small complaint and they did mix things up a bit more compared to botw but it would be nice to see more of it in the future

I hope that by the time they make another 3D Zelda enough time has passed that making a OoT style Zelda would be a en vogue throwback. And we just get a tightly designed 20 hour game with wall to wall dungeons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But ninty also hasn't made a 2d Mario in like 12 years so maybe they don't have it in them anymore.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the only way theres ever gonna be as sick a scene as child link confronting ganon is if we get unite triforce.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what does we get unite triforce mean

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if you gotta ask...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

if you gotta ask...

yep.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've kind of made my peace that we're not getting traditional Zelda dungeons in this style of game without them reducing Link's abilities or doing something lame like having an anti-arm field that turns them off within the dungeon itself. My hope was that they'd keep making 2D games like Link between Worlds as well as the BotW style 3D ones (initial thought was 2D on the 3DS successor but...) but guess that isn't happening either

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't think they have to reduce link's abilities to make dungeons. like there are already shrines with keys and stuff. and some progression in the lightning temple, i don't really remember the details. it's a decision they made i don't know why

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

I don't think they have to reduce link's abilities to make dungeons. like there are already shrines with keys and stuff. and some progression in the lightning temple, i don't really remember the details. it's a decision they made i don't know why

The early shrine with small keys got me really excited for the dungeons lol that was mean. And yeah I know what you mean, I guess I'm picturing how trivial a lot of classic Zelda dungeons would be with something like ascend, but I guess the answer to that is as simple as "don't literally remake OoT dungeons"

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

trying to speedrun classic zelda dungeons with the totk toolkit actually sounds super fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Half of Dracula posted:

i kinda expected non-ascend surfaces for most of the dungeon except hidden areas with chests, or just letting us cheese through them like most of the rest of the game?