Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Habibi posted:

Why does this train have a Star Wars level markup? Crazy that a set like this breaks down to >10¢/pp.

they know adult train guys will pay any price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Habibi posted:

Why does this train have a Star Wars level markup? Crazy that a set like this breaks down to >10¢/pp.

It is rumored that they are giving track with it instead of the piece heavy brick built track from the ideas submission. Another explanation is if it has power functions, but I find that unlikely.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Habibi posted:

no mustachio'd minifig, no sale

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

anyone know if there's gonna be any new GWP when 2x VIP points start?

nope. they bring the flowerpot back as a GWP ($150+) right as the 2x points end

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The next post is why I hate this thread.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The last post is why I love this thread

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Two minifigs guard two doors, one always tells the truth, and one always lies…

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

What door would the other minifig say he hated more?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I built the new land rover classic defender. It's a cool little build, but I'm not used to the tiny cars after building the new speed champions.

built:

next to the newer speed champs bronco

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Doctor posted:

Which one is the Lego goat behind?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was supposed to get a set in the mail today, but it got delayed until tomorrow.

I hate that.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

If anyone likes Monument Valley, I made a pretty nice totem for my desk. Had to modify the angled patterns a little, but I like how it came out:

Instructions are here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-151028/mattking4/monument-valley-totem/#details

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

minionument valley

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It just irks me that the mega minifig hat brim doesn’t match the minifig version at all.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
About halfway through the new Markets set, taking it a bit slower than usual. I don't do a lot of technic stuff, so the mechanisms on the top half of the gondola were mostly new to me, and both a tad frustrating and very cool once they were done.

I had to take down Barracuda Bay and Apocalypseburg to be able to fit it on the shelf with the other three Ninjago modulars. :/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

smackfu posted:

It just irks me that the mega minifig hat brim doesn’t match the minifig version at all.

gonna blow ur mind when I tell you what you can do with lego

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
With the specific piece they've used for the dome of the cap it basically needs that extra support around the back or else it doesn't fit.

You could design a bald head for it though, or some hair.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
All I know is, when I'm done putting together the Markets, I'm going to try to position it as a kaiju attacking Ninjago City.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Today is day 8 of my order still not being shipped. Very strange. Last month they seemed to have their stuff together. Someone mentioned getting their order within a couple days of ordering. My last order I think I got 5 days after ordering. And I'm on day 8 and it hasn't left the warehouse.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I put my order in on the 2nd and got the in stock stuff yesterday. I wasn't supposed to get that new space ideas set until the 16th but it showed up today. Rip to you, I guess.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Habibi posted:

The box art is temporary and it’s actually a licensed “Murder on the Orient Express” set and the Agatha Christie estate wants to get paid.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
everyone ITT just wants to talk about a star war and a bat man none of y'all told me about Lego Friends 41737 Beach Amusement Park

i think it looks fun and nice

edit: well thats what i get haphazardly trying to convert a webp to a png so it can post as an attachment. it's stuck like this now forever. i have to live with my failure

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
I’m completing the world map and the kids are not interested in helping. This is a colorblind nightmare, but I think I have the location of various bowls of the colors memorized. I think…

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The Voice of Labor posted:

minionument valley

Now I kind of wish I had one of those buildable minions to go with him.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Blue Moonlight posted:

The box art is temporary and it’s actually a licensed “Murder on the Orient Express” set and the Agatha Christie estate wants to get paid.

I mean I would absolutely buy it if there was a Poirot minifig just sayin

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sunk Dunk posted:

they know adult train guys will pay any price

I would have thought so too until the Hogwarts Express came out.

I think that was more it being oversized and gently caress ugly in all red though.

Some real monkey paw poo poo that they made a GWR Hall class and I don't want it.

Very interested to see the official build for the Orient Express though.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

What's that? A 2 x VIP points weekend? Why, I don't mind if I do!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

If anyone likes Monument Valley, I made a pretty nice totem for my desk. Had to modify the angled patterns a little, but I like how it came out:

Instructions are here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-151028/mattking4/monument-valley-totem/#details

Oh that’s really fun! I like it!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

I would have thought so too until the Hogwarts Express came out.

I think that was more it being oversized and gently caress ugly in all red though.

Did it run on tracks? That seems like a key lego train guy need.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

smackfu posted:

Did it run on tracks? That seems like a key lego train guy need.

It did not. It was too wide and came on a single straight of brick built track

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Think I might go for daily bugle during double points, that would get me completely up to date on all available modulars

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I might have just ordered a Police Station.

Mrs Clarence likes the look of the World Map. It's only available from lego.com and John Lewis here. Wasn't sure about the latter, so went and had a look, only to find out that there is a 20% discount on it there (and I can get 4% John Lewis discounts through work on top).

So don't assume that the double VIP points event is necessarily the best way to get hold of something.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I missed this when it was announced in March, a Lego Space Book from Dark Horse.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/150672518X/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was gonna grab the mustang on double points but it looks like other people had the same idea cuz it's on backorder

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was gonna grab the mustang on double points but it looks like other people had the same idea cuz it's on backorder

It's on the 2023 retirement list so you might want to get on that at other stores if you really crave it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There’s a 2023 retirement list?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

There’s a 2023 retirement list?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/13xqxia/every_retiring_lego_set_june_2023_update/

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Officially announce the Deku Tree already Lego. We all know it's coming. Tears of the Kingdom has been out for a month now. Just give us the Deku Tree.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not sure what I would want from Zelda Lego. It's either a simplified playset with minifigs, which I'm not really interested in. Or a bigger set of like the deku tree or temple of time or Hyrule castle or something. A brick built hylian shield and master sword would be neat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not after seeing that awful captain america shield.

Also, for the people saying they want to buy the mustang. Even if you get double vip, which is 10% back at a later date, just search offerup, facebook, craigslist and ebay. You should be able to get it for $125 or so. Right now you can easily get it for $135 on ebay, which is 20% off right now.

Unless a set is LEGO exclusive, you should pretty much never buy it from them as prices are better elsewhere.