Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Trump will assert that he pardoned himself on the way out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

He's hosed. Goddamn. There is no way he gets out of this one.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Counts 1-31 willful retention of national defense information

Count 32 conspiracy to obstruct justice

Count 33 withholding a document or record

34 corruptly concealing a document or record

35 concealing a document in a federal investigation

36 scheme to conceal

37 false statements and representations

38 same as above but listed separately

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What's the most charges someone's had for espionage?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1667227542095273994

Some fun reading material for the weekend just dropped

38 counts altogether:

Counts 1-31: Willful Retention of National Defense Information (18 USC 793e)
Count 32: Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (18 USC 1512(k))
Count 33: Withholding a Document or Record (18 USC 1512(b)(2)A),2)
Count 34: Corruptly Concealing a Document or Record (18 USC 1512(c)1),2)
Count 35: Concealing a Document in a Federal Investigation (18 USC 1519,2)
Count 36: Scheme to Conceal (18 USC 1001(a)(1),2)
Count 37: False Statements and Representations (18 USC 1001(1)(2),2)
Count 38: False Statements and Representations (18 USC 1001(1)(2))

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Now we just hope that corrupt judge doesn't set a trial date of January 7, 2025.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
Max legal penalty?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Uglycat posted:

Max legal penalty?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
So hes getting at least 20 years?

[Ianal aiwhmatl]

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

He's hosed. Goddamn. There is no way he gets out of this one.

:toxx:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Because there wasn’t enough time for a full statewide recount at that point.

This is only partially true. The time limit was the limit for the 'safe harbor' rule. The counting could have gone past that point with the only harm being that congress could have maybe decided to vote on whether to allow the votes to be counted (they would have).

The R's and D's had a plan to conclude the counting and make a final decision that SCOTUS ignored in favor of just declaring a winner.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What are the odds of ol' Donny boy wriggling out of this one? Better than even?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I don't think he does honestly.

I mean, this is just about literally "HEY I AM CRIMING RIGHT NOW BIGLY BY SHOWING YOU THIS. IT'S A CRIME TO SHOW YOU THIS AND IT FEELS AWESOME TO DO CRIME!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nitrousoxide posted:

Some CHUD marine will detonate a nuke and turn everything into Mad Max.
Imorten Don will become president for life.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Walter Naut finding five eyes intelligence on the floor, photoing it, sending it to another employee via text message and then the other employee suggesting in same text thread that they handed their phone over to trump to see seems bad, but then again…

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Nitrousoxide posted:

it might be helpful to define "wriggling out". is it no consequences whatsoever, or ending up with less severe consequences than if some rando had shared our nuclear secrets for clout? the former is hard for me to believe, the latter seems almost assured

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

One of the documents he had was about the US nuclear weapons.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't know, man. I've been pretty solidly in the "nothing matters" camp, even after the NY stuff. But this one. This one is big and the evidence is like, right there in the open. This might be the one that sticks.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
More like Walter Naut-a going to jail for Trump! :discourse:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

ColdPie posted:

I don't know, man. I've been pretty solidly in the "nothing matters" camp, even after the NY stuff. But this one. This one is big and the evidence is like, right there in the open. This might be the one that sticks.

The thing is other folks too will also be caught in the trap and smart prosecutors will try to get them to flip. There's high chance all the other skeletons in his closet also come falling out.

It's going to be an absolute blood bath.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

The thing is other folks too will also be caught in the trap and smart prosecutors will try to get them to flip. There's high chance all the other skeletons in his closet also come falling out.

God I hope so

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
God I hope so. It's loving nukes. "My family made billions from the Saudis for ignoring them chopping up a journalist" is bad. "Give me dirt on my political opponent in exchange for Javelins" is bad. Nukes involve the existence of the human race. I'd rather Xi Jin Ping be President of the United States than Donald Trump; at least Xi knows that nukes are serious loving business.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
What I'm hopeful of was the fact that a jury found Trump liable for the sexual assault was the equivalent of blood in the water that causes everything else to descend on him like pirahna, just shreeding him.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheDisreputableDog posted:

More like Walter Naut-a going to jail for Trump! :discourse:

"Walt, everyone else on his staff has flipped. They are singing like canaries.
All you have to do is tell us the truth, we know he's the boss, not you."
"Never! He will never squeal. Nor will I!"

*At the court case*

*Don Trump brought like Goodfellas, in on a wheelchair, mouth covered with mask and a drip hanging nearby*

"Your honor, my client, Donald Trump, is an old man, and look too old to be doing these such things.
It was all Walter Nauta, he was the boss!"

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

And every bit of discovery from all these cases will be public record, along with all the testimony, so, like, having some sense of how the fbi operates, and some sense of how trump operates, i expect the collected evidence to point to additional crimes (many that we've already surmised, but lack a smoking gun for).

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
S/FRD means something very specific, in case anyone is wondering

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/hss/Classification/docs/CTI-Training-RD-FRD-Briefing.pdf

I wonder what ever in the world he would do with that information :confused:

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 9, 2023

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

This has more of the exchange. Also, the document in question was a military plan to attack a foreign country.

https://twitter.com/maritzac/status/1667237546063962130

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The indictment says CANNON/REINHART

What does that mean other than that they were both involved previously?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SirFozzie posted:

What I'm hopeful of was the fact that a jury found Trump liable for the sexual assault was the equivalent of blood in the water that causes everything else to descend on him like pirahna, just shreeding him.

I'm hoping it's just really fortuitous timing that everything dropped in relatively short time. Not a case of everyone being too cowardly to do their loving jobs, just wanting to make a rock-solid case.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Boris Galerkin posted:

One of the documents he had was about the US nuclear weapons.

What does "formerly restricted data" mean in this context? Is it no longer secret?

EDIT: answered above

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/1667237315901530156

This is just incredible.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Just taking a poo poo, reading about Iran's military capabilities.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Mechanical Ape posted:

What does "formerly restricted data" mean in this context? Is it no longer secret?

EDIT: answered above

Yeah but just in case people don’t wanna click the PowerPoint linked above FRD examples includes:

stockpile quantities, weapons safety and storage, weapon yields, and where they are kept

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Just taking a poo poo, reading about Iran's military capabilities.

OUR military capabilities

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Shower beer has been upgraded to shower treason.

Also, there should be additional charges for crimes against taste over having a bathroom chandelier.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Jack Smith press conference stream:
https://www.youtube.com/live/M8v6zDlnDFg

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

In the bathroom, next to the shitter, below the plumbing pipes

amazing

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm at the toilet. I'm at the nuclear launch code storage room. I'm at the combination toilet and nuclear launch code storage room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

imagine the smell of us top secret documents that were stored in someone's bathroom

did they had to disinfect them before evaluating?