Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The 13th Seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wonder if this actually was Baal. It seemed like things were going his way before the interruption.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I honestly can't disagree with Baal here.

Darth Walrus posted:

Wonder if this actually was Baal. It seemed like things were going his way before the interruption.
We know Behemoth was in the lab Baal has hidden away. Worst case this is Kirio doing his own thing but I honestly think Baal plans to target the demon god with this move. Either way I think he can spin this to his favor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think what I'm most interested in this chapter is why Baal specifically put Bachiko up for nomination for the extra seat. what does he have planned for her?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

I think what I'm most interested in this chapter is why Baal specifically put Bachiko up for nomination for the extra seat. what does he have planned for her?

I think it's just a misdirection; he's nominating someone he has no ties to because it will sow the maximum amount of chaos. If he just nominated his own lackey it would be easy to accuse him of making a power grab.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 31, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Wouldn't he be aware that Bachiko was already going to be elected to a seat until Narnia's bid was submitted? She's the best person to push this idea forward if the goal is to free up Delkira's seat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, it's just that she's the most popular and qualified candidate to accomplish his primary goal of unseating Delkira. Her being affiliated with his political enemies just makes him seem reasonable and bipartisan.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

doomisland fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 9, 2023

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This would be more of a big deal if I really believed that Iruma would actually have kept this secret for so long if the plot didn't demand it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Before you run off to read it be advised that this "new chapter" skips two chapters ahead. Cant find any translations for 301 or 302.

Really would've appreciated if the person above had mentioned it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah DO NOT READ THE NEW CHAPTER, it's 303 while misfit has only released up to 300. I thought we were getting a "flash forward" sort of chapter that would then go backwards to show what happened, but no, I didn't notice the chapter number when I started reading and got spoiled.

mangadex usually has a warning for when there's a gap between the last read chapter and the one you're about to read, dunno why it didn't trigger this time.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Captain Invictus posted:

mangadex usually has a warning for when there's a gap between the last read chapter and the one you're about to read, dunno why it didn't trigger this time.

I think that only happens when you're reading multiple chapters and hit "Next". Otherwise it'll let you jump straight to a link without complaint.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you click chapter 303 directly mangadex doesnt give a poo poo. If you click on a prior chapter - whether you start at chapter 1 or chapter 300 - once you hit the end of chapter 300 and click next it'll tell you there's a gap.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Woops!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
301's been uploaded

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
All 3. Hot drat.

I do love that Iruma is teaching Alice those un-demonic instincts.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:asoiaf:
:hellyeah: Iruma with the reactions. Shame Baal had everything accounted for and stole the blush and face reveal meant for another.

Kirio being Kirio is always uncomfortable, and I still don't know what the dress he was waltzing with was for.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He's just a big ol' weirdo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brought To You By posted:

:asoiaf:
:hellyeah: Iruma with the reactions. Shame Baal had everything accounted for and stole the blush and face reveal meant for another.

Kirio being Kirio is always uncomfortable, and I still don't know what the dress he was waltzing with was for.

I absolutely hate it any time he shows up. So I guess it's working.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Let's be serious; it's so we know he's gay and therefore extra twisted.

I like this manga okay but it's very heterosexual.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

I take it this is ignoring everything with Alice and what Gyari+Kerori have going on.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rand Brittain posted:

This is Alice erasure

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Did you forget the entire Idol competition arc that ended with a declaration of love by a female idol of another female idol. The former also known as a lady killer and having a harem of idols as well?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s also the nonbinary cat butler

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

Did you forget the entire Idol competition arc that ended with a declaration of love by a female idol of another female idol. The former also known as a lady killer and having a harem of idols as well?

The 2nd chapter of the arc (chapter 185) has this page:

Demon's only care about their desires, they're not concerned about things like gender.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I honestly kind of did because that falls into the bit before I started following new manga chapters regularly.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The idol arc is incredible, gay and incredibly gay. The reveal that it was a mutually consensual flirtation the entire time had me dying.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

one of the most heterosexual manga in existence as long as you only remember the last three chapters you read

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Patware posted:

one of the most heterosexual manga in existence as long as you only remember the last three chapters you read

thetoughestbean posted:

This is Alice erasure

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Alice is Iruma-sexual. He doesn't care if Iruma is male or female or any other gender. He just wants to bottom for Iruma.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I legitimately think there are trans demons because like 70% demon girls seem to have heart shaped tails and like 70% of apparent dudes have arrow shaped tails but no one seems to give a poo poo about Lied having an arrow tail. About as certain as i could be without actually going back and checking each tail in the series

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

I legitimately think there are trans demons because like 70% demon girls seem to have heart shaped tails and like 70% of apparent dudes have arrow shaped tails but no one seems to give a poo poo about Lied having an arrow tail. About as certain as i could be without actually going back and checking each tail in the series

Or just not really caring about gender considering Opera.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spoilering just in case but I hope if Kirio does tell Alice that Iruma is human and asks him if he is curious how Iruma would taste, Alice responds with "Of COURSE he'd be absolutely delicious! He's Iruma! I already know that without tasting him!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Even if everyone found out about Iruma, he has a ring that can suck out all the power from every single denizen of the demon world so it isn't that big of an issue.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

Even if everyone found out about Iruma, he has a ring that can suck out all the power from every single denizen of the demon world so it isn't that big of an issue.

The ring doesn't have an infinite capacity so once someone strong enough just force feeds it some mana Iruma is wide open as he'd have to expel that mana before he could get that passive drain thing going on again. At least that's what I assume I have no idea if the ring could do that AoE thing if it isn't empty. The real obstacle is that Sullivan wouldn't allow someone to threaten Iruma without a fight so it's a matter of whether the other greats would side against him or not.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

The ring doesn't have an infinite capacity so once someone strong enough just force feeds it some mana Iruma is wide open as he'd have to expel that mana before he could get that passive drain thing going on again. At least that's what I assume I have no idea if the ring could do that AoE thing if it isn't empty. The real obstacle is that Sullivan wouldn't allow someone to threaten Iruma without a fight so it's a matter of whether the other greats would side against him or not.

yeah he'd be wide open, he'd only have to shoot a nuclear magic cannon before he could drain again

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

yeah he'd be wide open, he'd only have to shoot a nuclear magic cannon before he could drain again

You just read a chapter where two of the most powerful demons in the world effectively restrained an entire room full of other skilled, famous, and influencial demons. They were also neutralizing many types of magics instantly and some demons appear to have cuffs put on their hands or suffering some debilitating physical ailment in the process. On top of that someone like Henry instantly blitzed Behemolt within seconds of registering the threat with a punch that would absolutely turn Iruma into red paste.

Sure, Iruma getting a full ring is giving him a nuke, but the whole thing is that he's still a literal glass cannon. And without a higher command or knowledge of magic I imagine it would be very easy to counter him were he to actually have the Netherrealm after him. There's a reason why the power of friendship is his greatest ability.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Y’all are forgetting that Iruma’s primary power before his harem was acquired was his preternatural ability to get out of danger

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

After Paimon gave Iruma that advice about how it's fine to have someone you hate and fight back with all your might, I really hope the following chapters has Iruma decide he's had of Kirio's creepy bullshit and tell him to prepare for the mother of all rear end-whoopings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Y’all are forgetting that Iruma’s primary power before his harem was acquired was his preternatural ability to get out of danger

Atori was fast enough that Iruma himself couldn't get out of the way of his grapple and needed to get help to survive that encounter. His danger sense is top tier but again, once we start throwing higher ranking demons into the mix it's no longer the perfect guard it previously was presented as.