Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Gripweed posted:

There's an HG The O at my local Barnes and Noble. I don't know why it's there. But it taunts me.

It can taunt you from within your home if you are courageous enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Random thoughts: Maybe my next build should be another G-Witch kit. Zowort or Chuchu's Demi

My other thoughts: Bitch you haven't even touched the action base or rose bits on the Gundam Rose

The Zowort's alright. It's a very fast build if you don't go for painting it or anything, so it shouldn't take too long. I've had 30 minute mission kits take longer.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gripweed posted:

There's an HG The O at my local Barnes and Noble. I don't know why it's there. But it taunts me.

YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND AGAINST THE O?????

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
One of my 30MM kits got here today, along with the weapons pack. The Revernova looks great with the giant hammer, less so with the sickle. I'll try to get pictures, but I don't have a great place to take them at the moment.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m trying to bang out the small pile of kits I have so I can move on to finish other neglected projects this summer, then I get a shipping notice for a hygogg I forgot I had preordered ages ago. Ok why not, one more won’t hurt.

Then I see The O, and shiiiit that’s right up my alley. I’m happy I’m making the hi-nu just to see how cool an RG can be but it isn’t really my style, too flashy. A chunky industrial looking dude like the O though, gently caress I might need one more.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm at the point now where I'm like "ok need to stop for an hour the paint's gotta dry and set" and my father's glaring death at me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he's gonna hate the decals

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Alright, took some pictures, I think the weapons pack that I bought works well with the kit. On the back of the hammer is a pentagram, so I've been affectionately referring to it as the Satan Hammer.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Only the base is left:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Televisio Frankus posted:

Alright, took some pictures, I think the weapons pack that I bought works well with the kit. On the back of the hammer is a pentagram, so I've been affectionately referring to it as the Satan Hammer.

the hammer's definitely better

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Agreed, the Gundam Hammer is much improved by adding a sickle to the other end of it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

10+ years since my last MG

Behold! Testament Gundam

Now just gotta get to denubbing it then getting rid of any leftover marks before assembly. It simplifies my workflow a lot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope you labeled those parts bins

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think if I did that I’d have to keep them in rows by sprue and in numerical order

Or I’d go insane

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Argas posted:

10+ years since my last MG

Behold! Testament Gundam

Now just gotta get to denubbing it then getting rid of any leftover marks before assembly. It simplifies my workflow a lot.

I am not saying this to be snarky: I really hope you never drop those bins. There are some people who can build like this but I am not one of them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waffleman_ posted:

I finally went the next step and got a display case from Ikea. Not a Detolf, but I got the Milsbo in black to go with the TV stand that'll be next to it in my loft.

I got a six pack of these recently.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGJZ762Y

They're in two stacks of three on small bookcases. I'm going to need more soon, but they're a good start for proper display.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
That's definitely the way I build after painting, though I will generally do a pre-assembly so I have that experience under my belt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll need to put a bit of time into adjusting their poses (I am bad at posing) but they are sealed

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Aaay I have the same display case, does surprisingly well at keeping out dust without extra dust strips.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Gripweed posted:

My partner saw The O a few months back and said it "looked like someone pissed on a bunch of stacked boxes" and I have not mentally recovered from that yet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MechaX posted:

My partner saw The O a few months back and said it "looked like someone pissed on a bunch of stacked boxes" and I have not mentally recovered from that yet

That doesn't make any sense, if you piss on cardboard boxes it makes the boxes a darker brown. Piss doesn't work like paint.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Gripweed posted:

That doesn't make any sense, if you piss on cardboard boxes it makes the boxes a darker brown. Piss doesn't work like paint.

unless the boxes were already brighter yellow than The O's yellow, but then again The O is an uncomfortable dark yellow/brown in some shots in the series

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Midjack posted:

I am not saying this to be snarky: I really hope you never drop those bins. There are some people who can build like this but I am not one of them.

I've dropped them before. The only reason it's like this is because MGs are big and have a lot more pieces. I usually use little plastic boxes with lids but MG BIG

Edit: Despite how disastrous that sounds, handling every piece before assembly helps me remember dumb poo poo since this method of Gunpla basically familiarizes me with the pieces and the instructions once or twice (or more if I have to keep going over the manual) that I haven't had trouble picking up pieces off the floor and putting them in the right section.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I finished the large goose and I came away from that with a desire for better tweezers (I was just using the ones in my ifixit kit) because those decals were drat thin. Is there a recommended set?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

well I very nearly hosed up the shoulders on the sazabi like literally everyone warned me about. even so I'm gonna have to grind back the armor a bit so they swing out properly

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

I finished the large goose and I came away from that with a desire for better tweezers (I was just using the ones in my ifixit kit) because those decals were drat thin. Is there a recommended set?
If you are thinking about for decals specifically try to get some anti-static/anti-cling ones. HobbyMio does good ones but I'm sure Aliexpress or Amazon have ones if you don't mind playing the real/fake lottery.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Alright, got all of my kits built, threw together a terrible backdrop from the boxes. They were all great builds, especially the Gespenst.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Midjack posted:

I remember one poster who built that many MG Unicorns he once built an entire MG Unicorn from a pile of clipped parts (and maybe without instructions? This was many years ago).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That was probably me, I had a lot of extra stuff lying around back in the day when I was custom building my Plan B.

Of course now that I actually have an MG Plan B I haven't built anything in over two years :negative:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Televisio Frankus posted:

Alright, got all of my kits built, threw together a terrible backdrop from the boxes. They were all great builds, especially the Gespenst.

Box bottom backdrop is perfectly acceptable. It's what I did for my Messer.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
My favorite backdrop, is to load a space image, and use my monitor as the backdrop to things like this.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

My something-between-master-and-perfect grade Thorbot shipped! :woop:

It happened way earlier than I expected! :woop:

I'm still busy setting up a place to display it and don't have everything ready to make it pretty! :shepface:

Guess it will go into storage! No I don't have a problem! It... it's a box of presents! I can begin unwrapping them whenever I want. I just don't feel like it. :colbert:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

man they're just making these digimon up now

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

man they're just making these digimon up now

No, that's from the best Digimon series, the one where the human partners have to punch enemy Digimon in the face before their Digimon can Digivolve.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kantesu posted:

No, that's from the best Digimon series, the one where the human partners have to punch enemy Digimon in the face before their Digimon can Digivolve.

I picked up Digimon World Next Order recently and man do I feel out of touch.

Bancho-Leomon? That's just a Yakuza character!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm praying that Bandai does a Jesmon. You don't even have to "amplify" it as it's already edgy as hell...literally. :v:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Give me Ghost Game plamo or give me death

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm praying that Bandai does a Jesmon. You don't even have to "amplify" it as it's already edgy as hell...literally. :v:

That's just Digimon ver.Ka

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Looks like the escaflowne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

she's back

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1668440763993309186?s=20