Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mraagvpeine posted:

If seraphim Croc doesn't have sand powers since Logia powers are difficult to copy, what other power would be a good second choice?

The Dale-Dale Fruit - he pulls,"POCKET SAND!" moves and has suspicions about the World Government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
for a level of irony: the horomone fruit

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

If seraphim Croc doesn't have sand powers since Logia powers are difficult to copy, what other power would be a good second choice?

We don't know if it's a Logia or not, and the power has just been introduced anyway so giving it to someone else would be silly, but giving S-Crocodile a copy of Grus's clay fruit would create a funny progression from using the driest soil type, where being wet and grabbable is bad, to using the wettest soil type, where being wet and grabbable is how the power functions through its sculpting abilities.

GruntMountain fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 10, 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
banandile zoan

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
S-Croc should get the wax-wax fruit. Imagine how annoyed the real Croc would be, considering what he thinks of Galdino...

GruntMountain posted:

We don't know if it's a Logia or not, and the power has just been introduced anyway so giving it to someone else would be silly, but giving S-Crocodile a copy of Grus's clay fruit would create a funny progression from using the driest soil type, where being wet and grabbable is bad, to using the wettest soil type, where being wet and grabbable is how the power functions through its sculpting abilities.

Wouldn't the swamp-swamp fruit be the wettest soil type?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

This is how Foxy's power comes back!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How Foxy Got his Davey Back!

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

jassa posted:

Wouldn't the swamp-swamp fruit be the wettest soil type?

It would, yeah. I was thinking about the three major soil particle types, sand, silt and clay, that affect soil texture and how the spaces between grains trap water or let it run, thereby accounting for how waterlogged a given patch of soil is. Clay-heavy soils hold water while sand-heavy soils don't. A swamp is a biome built upon a variety of soil types, with these soils being heavy in organic matter, which I had forgotten about. It wouldn't be wrong to say that Caribou's fruit summons swamp soil, so you would be right.

GruntMountain fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 10, 2023

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

"I've got the ultimate power for gardening - the loam-loam fruit!

*crowd yawns in boredom*

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Do you think S-Croc was born with the face scar, or did they have to draw it on?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Libra posted:

Do you think S-Croc was born with the face scar, or did they have to draw it on?

Total coincidence, he just happened to have an accident while sparring with S-Hawk.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

White Light posted:

gently caress that, I wanna see what an actually competent Seraphim can do with that bottom-tier fruit. Bring on the crazy poo poo like the particle breakdown move baby :black101:

Ive been thinking about wierd uses of devil fruits and Id really like to see a martial artist use the Clone Clone fruit. Bon Clay specified that he had to switch back to the body he trained in to use Okama Kenpo, and that made me think... what if you just had instant access to 5 or 10 different body types? You could switch over to a fishman body and learn Fishman Karate, switch over to a longarm body and learn Six Powers for extra long finger guns. It doesnt HAVE to be used just to be sneaky.

jassa posted:

S-Croc should get the wax-wax fruit. Imagine how annoyed the real Croc would be, considering what he thinks of Galdino...

Theyd have access to it, too. The Dice Dice fruit was held by a former impel down prisoner, the Love Love fruit was held by a warlord, and was held by a Tenryubito slave before that, so it was in direct government control for a long time, and the Swim Swim fruit is held by a current impel down prisoner. So, theyd have access to Wax Wax if all you need to make green blood is some DNA or something.

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 10, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

From reddit, I like this theory:

quote:

This feels most likely. Kuma's behavior mirrors that of the robot's 200 years ago. Coincidentally it happened as soon as Luffy (Joy Boy) told the robot to wake up.

Logically I think it goes as follows:

Vegapunk is said to have been the one to develop the method of getting objects to eat Devil Fruit

He also was interested in the weight of memory and emotions.

Would his next logical line of thinking be "Do objects also have memories or emotions?"

He has Kuma extract his own memories and Vegapunk is holding on to them, he then extracts the "memories" of the giant robot and takes them in himself. He is now enacting the robot's "will" the same thing as 200 years ago, as he scales up the Red Line.

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Comedy option: Hormone fruit, the one I'd like him to have would be the rust fruit, we've seen way too little of that and with the anime-only addition of the fruit being able to "rust" humans it would be pretty strong as well.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Upsidads posted:

How Foxy Got his Davey Back!

I appreciate this joke, this was a funny bit to pull

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mraagvpeine posted:

The Chop Chop fruit would be really funny, especially if Buggy was around long enough for Vegapunk to get some blood but not enough for him to develop a seraphim

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Scholtz posted:

The Chop Chop fruit would be really funny, especially if Buggy was around long enough for Vegapunk to get some blood but not enough for him to develop a seraphim

Croc would be so angry

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Scholtz posted:

The wiki says that the Seraphim inherit some of the original's muscle memories in terms of skill and ability usage so the Chop Chop fruit would be really appropriate since it has similar dodging mechanics like a Logia.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Imagining the one no-name pirate played by Tim Robinson going: "gently caress! They're super soldier clones and cyborgs? And they have their Lineage Factor tweaked and infused with loving Lunarian genetics? And they have Green Blood that gives them Devil Fruit power? What the gently caress?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

luchadornado posted:

Imagining the one no-name pirate played by Tim Robinson going: "gently caress! They're super soldier clones and cyborgs? And they have their Lineage Factor tweaked and infused with loving Lunarian genetics? And they have Green Blood that gives them Devil Fruit power? What the gently caress?"

It's Buggy Dubbed Over.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

From reddit, I like this theory:

Honestly the memory extraction part isn't even necessary for this theory. I've just been assuming Vegapunk copied or replicated a chunk of the iron giant's programming, and all the early Pacifista have this trojan horse code block in them.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

luchadornado posted:

Has this ever happened to you?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1017073

Official release

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just so I’m clear, there will be one more chapter this week before the hiatus starts right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nope, hiatus starts now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Just so I’m clear, there will be one more chapter this week before the hiatus starts right?

Nope, enjoy a full month off :)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Nope, hiatus starts now

Ah, thought there was still one left. Nevermind then

On another note, while the animation and fight quality of the anime has improved the pacing seems to have somehow gotten even worse (they seem to be stopping to do recaps every few episodes now)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Ah, thought there was still one left. Nevermind then

On another note, while the animation and fight quality of the anime has improved the pacing seems to have somehow gotten even worse (they seem to be stopping to do recaps every few episodes now)

Yeah every 2-3 eps they've been taking a week off, doing recap eps of the characters before their climatic fights end. At least these kinds of eps you can just skip without concern of missing something important plotwise

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mother... Frame?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ok, weve got Mother FRame now in the Viz translation, and ive been trusting them more lately. Is this some sort of moving platform?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fuckin' Figarland. Oda really hosed off to get his eyes fixed after dropping the most casual revelation

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Mother... Frame?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was under the impression that the Mother Flame was something that could be used as a power source for the ancient weapons, since Vegapunk gave a spiel on how fire can be converted to all types of energy. Mother FRAME though? Uhhhhhhh....???

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Oda's going to transition One Piece into a mecha manga complete with overwrought space station :neckbeard:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

Mother... Frame?

Regarding Mother Flame/Frame, apparently "Frame "is used in the official english, spanish and bahasa indonesian versions, and "Flame" is used in the offical brasilian, portuguese and french versions

In Japanese it's just in katakana フライム (Fu-ra-i-mu), so a classic L-R ambiguity

Julias fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 11, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

Regarding Mother Flame/Frame, apparently "Frame "is used in the official english, spanish and bahasa indonesian versions, and "Flame" is used in the offical brasilian, portuguese and french versions

That honestly just confuses things further in regards to which one’s right

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's Laugh Tale all over again

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's a big mainframe at laugh tale, but raftiel has a flame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Frame makes sense if it turns out to be like an airship that can hold one of the ancient weapons. Flame works if you believe it’s some kind of energy source that powers the weapons, which granted did sound more in line with vegapunks whole deal. I would be surprised if it turned out to just be a weapon itself.