Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

zetamind2000 posted:

Most likely tier

Part 4: Yuya
Part 5: Secco
Part 8: Joshu

Maybe tier

Part 4: Terunosuke
Part 5: Abbacchio
Part 8: Damo

Lol lmao tier

Part 4: Mikitaka
Part 5: Melone
Part 8: Tooru

What about Tooru, but you play as Wonder of U and make his actual body appear with the stand button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A 79 hit combo...?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What about Tooru, but you play as Wonder of U and make his actual body appear with the stand button

Wonder of U, but you play as Wonder of U and Tooru is only there in the intro and victory screens ala Doppio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rohan 9 for Season 3

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Waffleman_ posted:

Rohan 9 for Season 3

Lmao at the idea of a game getting an "ultimate bundle" is gonna get a season 3

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If the part 8 rep is Joshu again I’m going to kill myself

I read this as part 8 rap, and i was like, again?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Give me Rai

misread this as "give me Rat". Anyway bug-eaten for part 4 rep

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

secretly best girl posted:

Lmao at the idea of a game getting an "ultimate bundle" is gonna get a season 3

Okay but this is a remaster of a game that was going for like 15 bucks at Japanese stores like 2 weeks after it came out because it was so kuso and it's getting a second season. Anything is possible now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

But that would only happen if Giorno had GER active at the time and by the time he would notice something strange going on, it might be too late.

GERs defense is auto; Giorno didn't even know it existed.

I choose to think that GER acted in skipped time because Diavolo flicked his blood on Giorno in skipped time (another instance of him doing actions in that), and I'd definitely view that as an attack on me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Darko posted:

I choose to think that GER acted in skipped time because Diavolo flicked his blood on Giorno in skipped time (another instance of him doing actions in that), and I'd definitely view that as an attack on me.

By "active" I mean GE has to have the arrow lodged in it to become GER, and at the end of the fight with Diavolo it seemed that GE had separated from the arrow, indicating that GER is not a permanent thing.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Darko posted:

GER seems to have complete awareness though unlike most automatic stands that have very explicit and limited rules for activation. So I think it might be able to choose what it would or wouldn't respond to and make that decision without needing Giorno's input or even awareness. So in that sense I could see it interacting with MiH even if Pucci doesn't attack, assuming Pucci was in range while he was activating his power.

Though it's hard to say for sure since we see GER for all of like a minute. But given how busted and nonsensical most of Giorno's bs is in general, I'd assume he'd just find a way to "brick snake" himself to victory anyways if they had to fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I still can't get over Giorno making a clone of Coco Jumbo that not only was also a Stand User, but had the exact same Stand and a copy of the key that activated its power.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Release Jodio and Dragona (they can be a tag team single character swapping position on screen depending moves if need be) cowards.

They're a couple of cool crime kids who deserve all the limelight!!!!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

If there is further pt 8 rep, it should be Yasuho, the actual co-lead of the part. I spit on any other choice.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

It is 100% going to be tiny arm Joshuu

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be Joshu cos they have his model from Eyes of Heaven and lol if you think they're putting extra effort than necessary into this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's going to be Flashback Man

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Still waiting for Hato

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I could see Hato's roof stomp being a stage hazard for a hypothetical "Inside the Higashikata manor" arena.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

They should just make a new game that isn't dogshit.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Or just rerelease the original fighting game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jojo Musou

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pootybutt posted:

If there is further pt 8 rep, it should be Yasuho, the actual co-lead of the part. I spit on any other choice.

She’s not a great fit for a fighting game though. I’d prefer they pick based on how well they’d work as a fighting game character rather than relevance to the main story

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I feel like the perfect Jojo fighting game would make it so you could improvise novel and creative ways of using your stand with the environment and situation, think like how Hitman's challenges are set up, only it's stando users trying to do X or Y (very often fighting each other)

Of course, the sheer scope of what Jojo stands are capable of means it'd be a coding nightmare. You'd probably have to keep the extremely OP stands out of player hands. Or maybe that's just a design challenge!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the best format for a Jojo game would be a TTRPG, it's the only genre I can think of which would give the player the time and mechanical allowances to say 'aha even though I'm cut in half and on fire I'm not owned. I wasn't aiming for you with my localised time acceleration punch, I was aiming for that 'bamboo shoot' behind you!'

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The perfect JoJo game is a Deus Ex

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

No Dignity posted:

I think the best format for a Jojo game would be a TTRPG, it's the only genre I can think of which would give the player the time and mechanical allowances to say 'aha even though I'm cut in half and on fire I'm not owned. I wasn't aiming for you with my localised time acceleration punch, I was aiming for that 'bamboo shoot' behind you!'

Perhaps a button or sequence the player can enter, maybe after a bar fills, that puts them in Turnabout Mode, where they get to pick from a few "You fool, I planned to get kicked in the dick!" line and get free (time, space, ?) to start or execute a major stand attack. Maybe with an option to select an area or element of the environment to incorporate.

... for someone else to code.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVsO62e4Aw

But do this in Jojo style

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Perhaps a button or sequence the player can enter, maybe after a bar fills, that puts them in Turnabout Mode, where they get to pick from a few "You fool, I planned to get kicked in the dick!" line and get free (time, space, ?) to start or execute a major stand attack. Maybe with an option to select an area or element of the environment to incorporate.

... for someone else to code.

Personally I think fighting games miss the actual substance of Jojo fights, with like only a handful of exceptions once the protagonist for the arc gets in a punch rush the fight is over. All of the interesting stuff is the escalation and oneupmanship beforehand. not doing combos on each other. I'd say a highly reactive VN or Disco Elysium style RPG would probably be the best fit for a video game, where you could actually script out a ton of unique interactions and applications of abilities and lay out something resembling the dynamics of a real Jojo fight scene

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

RatHat posted:

She’s not a great fit for a fighting game though. I’d prefer they pick based on how well they’d work as a fighting game character rather than relevance to the main story

I spit on this take. They've got speedwagon of all ppl and rohan who just draws poo poo in it, they could figure Yasuho out.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was brought up in the last episode of Dogs Must Die but a really great video game adaptation of Jojo could be in the style of Your Only Move is Hustle, a turn-based fighting game that gives you the full replay of how the fight looks like only once it's finished

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I thought of making a point and click style JoJo game, where your drag and drop objects are Stand Abilities/capabilities you have to apply to the environment or enemies or yourself.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Honestly this is making me realize that my ideal JBA game is just a very weird Scribblenauts

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should reskin a Yakuza game into a Jojo game like they did for Fist of the North Star.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Morioh is literally made for this

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
While reading JoJolion earlier this year I had the thought of "man I'd play the poo poo out of 'Yakuza 0, But With Kira & Josefumi Investigating The Rokakaka Trade'"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hol Horse Everywhere System

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Boingo sidequest

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Terper posted:

It was brought up in the last episode of Dogs Must Die but a really great video game adaptation of Jojo could be in the style of Your Only Move is Hustle, a turn-based fighting game that gives you the full replay of how the fight looks like only once it's finished

gently caress yes, this would be my vote

And I would still main Jonathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The fun of asking is because the beginning of the manga is always too early to know how it ends, does anyone have any guesses on what the final villain's power will be? I've had an idea of an immortal Araki deciding that the villain of part 21 would use perspective against them. That sounds perfectly insurmountable for a story.