Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Flavahbeast posted:

but what about Meowy :ohdear:

Meowy's dealt with a lot worse than some government(?) chumps, he knows she'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder what the Future Devil thinks about all this

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Scholtz posted:

Yeah where the gently caress is that guy, I miss him. Bet he's having a great time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:staredog:

didnt expect the gears to start spinning so fast again right after last chapter but well here we are

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Scholtz posted:

All of it sucks because it’s the present or possibly even the past.

Next chapter loving rules though.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I appreciate that the world hasn’t gone back to normal after fami mentioned the apocalypse and a primal devil appeared

What is famis deal, what is yoshidas deal, does the Justice devil still play into all this too???

Where is kobeniiiii

CharlestonJew posted:

Denji's negotiation skills need some work

Let me go I’ll tongue your butt if you do gently caress you!!

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 13, 2023

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

E: double post

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 13, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

no tonguing necessary

New thread title?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just a lil' rimming between homies

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'd rim each and every one of you for another chapter

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Arresting a grade-schooler for extorting desserts seems a little much

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Justin_Brett posted:

Arresting a grade-schooler for extorting desserts seems a little much

Nayuta -I'm not helping because I have school
Yoshida- About that......

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This chapter took multiple wild turns in a row.

"I will tongue your butthole for a week" Denji why was THAT the bribe you went to first?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

AnoHito posted:

All of it sucks because it’s the present or possibly even the past.

Next chapter loving rules though.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Do note that Yoshida didn't say no, he said it's not necessary while Denji is under their protection....

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'll always like how Denji groups people and pets together as a single entity instead of saying "Power and the cat" or "Nayuta and the dogs." It's just "they" or "them."
They're on the same level of importance and that's so darlingly Denji.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This chapter is a masterclass in resolving the previous arc and setting up the next

Goddamn Fujimoto

E: Also second read made me realize that disembodied hand is not Fami like I first assumed and is someone else fakesaw? Justice devil? Third option?

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 13, 2023

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

its the death devil

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

It has to be a third Chainsaw Man!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

cuntman.net posted:

its the death devil

I'd believe it. we never get to see Death's face, just a shroud or darkness

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I'll always like how Denji groups people and pets together as a single entity instead of saying "Power and the cat" or "Nayuta and the dogs." It's just "they" or "them."
They're on the same level of importance and that's so darlingly Denji.

I was legit delighted that Denji was worried about both, since it's the kind of thing that usually gets left out in these situations. But if you have a pet no way are you going to just forget about them

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I really think this is the Justice devil. Everyone who has made a pact with the Justice devil has a warped sense of right and wrong. But I am usually wrong about these things!!!

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Okay at this point I don't remember if fear affects hybrids the same as devils. So anyway are Fami and Hand trying to diminish Denjis power or strengthen it by setting up sham talk show. I feel like after last arc they are starting to place their bets on War at least a little bit? Also Yoshida is full of poo poo, that's like the cheapest backroom you could find. What kind of budget are you working on that you send a swat team after a kid and also bring your maing guy to that place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best thing about this apocalypse is that it is only happening because a dumbass devil is trying to prevent it. falling devil only came to earth because of famine. a prophecy doesn't need to be supernaturally accurate if someone with power and no sense believes it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This chapter took multiple wild turns in a row.

"I will tongue your butthole for a week" Denji why was THAT the bribe you went to first?

well, it's not like he has any money

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I really think this is the Justice devil. Everyone who has made a pact with the Justice devil has a warped sense of right and wrong. But I am usually wrong about these things!!!

I was actually thinking that too, the Justice Devil is still at large and likely to be making a return to the main plotline soon.

ugusername posted:

Okay at this point I don't remember if fear affects hybrids the same as devils. So anyway are Fami and Hand trying to diminish Denjis power or strengthen it by setting up sham talk show. I feel like after last arc they are starting to place their bets on War at least a little bit? Also Yoshida is full of poo poo, that's like the cheapest backroom you could find. What kind of budget are you working on that you send a swat team after a kid and also bring your maing guy to that place.

Best I can figure Yoshida is working for public safety and keeping valuable assets in super cheap backrooms is kind of their MO. I think this might even be the same cheap backroom they originally had the future devil in.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

methinks there's another part of this prophecy that we're missing

I can't tell if Denji fell on his own or was pushed.

creepy hand out of darkness isn't sketch, nope no siree

that was definitely him lunging in anger at Yoshida after hearing that Nayuta and the dogs are also being "protected"

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 13, 2023

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if Nayuta's primary motivation for not working with Fami was wanting to go to school. then getting black bagged by government agents and held against your will might change her disposition

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I’m just wondering where Kishibe is. All of this seems to run pretty counter to the plan for Denji and Nayuta at the conclusion of part 1.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Apocron posted:

I’m just wondering where Kishibe is. All of this seems to run pretty counter to the plan for Denji and Nayuta at the conclusion of part 1.

That and Yoshida saying he's working for "an organization" and not mentioning Public Safety, leads me to think they are not involved with any of this.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Maybe he'll break down the door to save the day.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

honestly the fact that Yoshida is pretty clear that he personally brought Denji here while it's the organization writ large that took Nayuta and the dogs makes me wonder if Denji going wild and loving up the org to get Nayuta back is part of whatever long con he might be playing. tying up denji but leaving his pull cord free and easily accessible is an obvious oversight and recipe for disaster and feels a little intentional.

could just be that Yoshida's org intends to use Nayuta as a hostage to get Denji to chainsaw their enemies, of course, in which case the seeming lack of security is likely just because these accomodations are intended to be very temporary.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I take back what I said earlier feels like something justice devil would say

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Went to hell and back and Denji didn’t even bother looking for Power like he promised. Gonna let a little apocalypse get in the way?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

uPen posted:

Went to hell and back and Denji didn’t even bother looking for Power like he promised. Gonna let a little apocalypse get in the way?

He knows Power is a super strong genius that doesn't need his help obv. She'll be back whenever she wants

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

i think Yoshida is neglecting to mention public safety, or just working for a morally grey but sort of good org.

And I think they want to keep Denji happy, and not too stressed out, so that pochita can’t take over and Denji can’t erase fundamental concepts that could destroy the world.

Like death? He was asking about death in the aquarium

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

uPen posted:

Listen he had to save his ex-potential girlfriend, Power would understand

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
On a lighter note Nayuta using her powers to get people's desserts is massive gremlin energy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

On a lighter note Nayuta using her powers to get people's desserts is massive gremlin energy

She 100% is getting good grades by mind controlling the teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Plutonis posted:

She 100% is getting good grades by mind controlling the teacher

She can’t, because she sees the teacher as “over” her and thus immune to her powers. Why else do you think she’s so worried about missing school?