Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

I thought so too especially after we saw it pop Yorozu’s domain barrier so easily. Then Sukuna just did that himself lol. It’s still obviously a hard counter to him

If Gojo were going to win or seal Sukuna in some way Kenjaku would need to intercede. He’d want Sukuna to kill all the Culling Game contestants for him.

e: so yeah my scenario is predicated on Gojo ultimately starting to win or at least tie Sukuna then Kenjaku having finished clean up returning to interfere.

If Gojo wins then Kenjaku just needs to hide. He can cancel things then try again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not only would that be a complete narrative disappointment (kenjaku running away), this really seems like an all-in chips on the table situation for kenjaku.

Its now or possibly never.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not only would that be a complete narrative disappointment (kenjaku running away), this really seems like an all-in chips on the table situation for kenjaku.

Its now or possibly never.

I remain fairly convinced that Yuji is central to whatever Krang is up to and loving up now is loving up forever.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Kenjaku could always swoop in to hoover up a weakened Sukuna for the ultimate cursed spirit manipulation get.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gojo is constantly using reverse cursed technique to heal himself, so he needs to be completely and utterly one-shotted to actually die. He (coming back from having his brain pierced), Hakari, and Exploding Body Parts Guy have shown just how powerful self-regeneration is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lamebot posted:

Kenjaku could always swoop in to hoover up a weakened Sukuna for the ultimate cursed spirit manipulation get.

What if he puts himself in gojo's severed head

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Gojo is constantly using reverse cursed technique to heal himself, so he needs to be completely and utterly one-shotted to actually die. He (coming back from having his brain pierced), Hakari, and Exploding Body Parts Guy have shown just how powerful self-regeneration is.

I don’t think his RCE is as good as Hakaris but he’s definitely fine from the neck slice. The real issue is he’s now totally exposed to Sukuna’s domain. He’s not going to out heal that I don’t think.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Win or lose, this fight can't end without Gojo forcing Sukuna to reveal his black box CT.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'd get a kick out of Gojo winning but not being willing to kill Sukuna, or feeling so drat overconfident that he thinks keeping him around in Megumi's body isn't a huge liability, and then seeing Sukuna put off the table for a bit (not nearly as long as Gojo was in the prison realm, but not seeming like a factor in how the big events are playing out) until we see him emerge as the final boss of the manga. Maybe Gojo and plenty of other characters get killed but manage to kill Kenjaku, but Sukuna escapes captivity and manages to turn Kenjaku's crazy plans into something he can use himself. Toss a wild powerup at Yuji and away you go to the finale.

Or to twist it slightly differently, we're all expecting something to interfere with this fight but maybe no one does, Gojo wins, and Sukuna's captured (with Gojo flexing his power/authority as a way to justify not killing Sukuna). Then the big (and theoretically unexpected) interference comes later when Gojo and Kenjaku are fighting and an escaped or freed Sukuna sneaks in to take both of them out at once.

I feel like Kenjaku can toss out minions pretty much at will by manifesting cursed spirits in order to give other characters things to fight, and as was mentioned Sukuna could do something similar with 10 Shadows for his turns as the main antagonist.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My guess for the rest of the series is Gojo eventually wins but is nearly dead. Megumi is sort of in control but almost dead. Kenny swoops in and steals sukuna with Geto’s technique. This kills Megumi. Then sukuna being too strong of a soul takes over Kenny/Getos body. This ends the culling game and the fusion to Tengen begins and the end game battle starts.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
loving jabronis itt and in manga doubting my man Gojo Satoru, smh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Early link
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7400/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-226?t=1686888000000

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Doubters vacate.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Blockhouse posted:

Doubters vacate.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
could this explain the big mystery behind sukuna’s domain expansion? if the shrine is a “pin” from which the domain radiates outward then he’s basically turned the principle of most domains inside-out

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Gojo just outhealed MS, while fighting Sukuna hand to hand, and spamming simple domain. He is simply him. Also lmao he poo poo talked shrine by saying it's a good thing his technique is stronger

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I the love idea that Gojo used RCT to heal his MP, absolutely busted.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Limitless is better just by virtue of effectively making you invincible and giving you insane ability to move/pull/obliterate stuff. Sukuna's technique is basically instantly lethal to anyone who cannot bruteforce healing through it like Gojo because it breaks all the rules you can normally use to stop or resist domains and Sukuna can just keep his domain going forever. Also unless you're an obscenely powerful sorcerer you can't win a domain battle either.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's absolutely bullshit but the right kind of bullshit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not quite More he used his MP to speed up his cooldown

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I love this, but holy moly the escalation going forward is going to put a hole in the Moon and Shibuya is just hosed.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Sukuna hasn’t shown anything new yet. He’s still got Megumi’s technique as well as the powerup from consuming his old body. Unless Gojo did some hyperbolic time training in the prison realm he’s gonna lose in the escalation of techniques

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I think the power up from his own body is why he's competitive with Gojo at all, but yeah we've not seen the fire arrow, Sukuna's fourth weapon or any ten shadows style yet. But the only other time in his life Gojo was pressed in a fight he went from "really strong" to "living God" so who knows what tricks he has up his sleeves.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Of course Yuta would be the most shocked/impressed that RCT could be used to replenish CT burnout, it would’ve made his showdown against Ryu a lot easier had he known that.

It’s crazy how powerful Gojo’s reinforcement is to be able to tank so many sustained slashes from a fully power Sukuna. Ryu was literally diced into three pieces, though that may have been because he wasn’t able to reinforce himself in time. Still, that first cut in the previous chapter would’ve taken the average sorcerer’s head clean off. Makes sense why Gojo believes Limitless to be superior - if unlimited void’s sure hit wasn’t cancelled, the fight would’ve been over since it wouldn’t give any opportunity for the opponent to retaliate regardless of their level of reinforcement

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
My guess for what will happen is that Gojo will win but then somebody will manage to steal the final Sukuna finger from him and power up Sukuna.

Also the fact that Yuji was surprised and a little mad that Gojo could use Simple Domain was very funny.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
GOATJO LIVES. I never doubted him

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
As with most JJK fights I understand about half of what's going on and enjoy seeing crazy bullshit unfold in my manga panels.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
To be honest, the only times I felt I properly didn't really understand what was going on in JJK were 1) the first time Gojo faced Domain Amplification because the explanation was borderline nonsense, at least in the official translation; and 2) the Pachinko fight because... I've never used a Pachinko machine or played a gacha game in my life.

Otherwise, it feels like the manga is pretty consistent in its ruleset and when we're seeing some new interaction it's usually painstakingly explained.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want to know what the deal is with the big tower of TVs everyone is watching the fight on.

Are they some sort of special fight-watching Cursed Tool that uses Cursed Energy to give you the sweetest angles during badass fights?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I want to know what the deal is with the big tower of TVs everyone is watching the fight on.

Are they some sort of special fight-watching Cursed Tool that uses Cursed Energy to give you the sweetest angles during badass fights?

I think the explanation is that Mei Mei was somehow linking her ability to share senses with crows to that television. How you ask? :shrug:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I think the explanation is that Mei Mei was somehow linking her ability to share senses with crows to that television. How you ask? :shrug:

Didn't she literally already do that during the goodwill event?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

The gang found the set of that cowboy bebop episode that was banned from airing after 9/11

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

She put Cameras on Crows if I recall

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like that this implies that Sukuna is just letting all these camera crows live, presumably because he wants everyone to see him owning Gojo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
That sounds exactly like something sukuna would do.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I went back and re-read JJK and while it definitely flows better binging it, it's also pretty funny how it progresses once you get into the culling games.

The story was very narratively tight and followed conventional writing. When a thread is brought up, it's almost always followed up on, which is generally how good writing works. Everything comes together pretty masterfully and the culmination of Shibuya arc is so fantastic as a result, and really closes a lot of important concepts while also beginning new super interesting ones.

Then, the manga completely changes. The pacing quickly derails. Narrative plot points are brought up with clear intention to "become a thing" and then are abandoned, again and again.

Huge plot points are resolved off screen or just get left behind constantly and certain plot points that have been teased since the start of the manga are resolved quickly, feel unearned, and kinda leave everyone going "???" It's impossible to even go over all of the threads that are followed and then abandoned, but seriously, read the culling games onward and your mind will be blown how often stuff just comes up and then goes absolutely nowhere.

JJK is awesome but the narrative, as such, mostly died at the end of the Shibuya arc, and the manga is now a "don't think about it too much" kind of deal, which is fine and common in manga, but drat. Reading through it you can just see the motivation and precise narrative completely dissolve almost immediately post Shibuya, it's pretty wild.

Or in other words the manga feels storyboarded and planned through Shibuya and then turned into this... like... improvised weekly production after that.

I really hope that JJK gets a remaster/rewrite at some point because hindsight is 20/20 and the bones for an incredible, and very long, and very successful manga are sitting here in a pile (we are talking the next One Piece), just need to sort them out after this is all said and done. Pick a few threads out of the 287 concepts introduced post Shibuya that went nowhere and rewrite the manga from then on with those points in mind.

That being said after adjusting my expectations it's been a lot of fun. I do wish the battles had more panels on a weekly basis though; the way things are going, they basically need to get into the final set of battles and circumstances right loving now due to how few panels are actually being drawn per week if Gege wants to successfully end the series this year.

For that reason I suspect the plot is on rails now towards the conclusion, there's just no time.

^^ The hilarious part is that Gege basically said as much with this exact Kenjaku monologue and we didn't get that he was inserting himself into the manga and basically saying "I'm making most of this up as I go along from now on and hopefully that allows me to go beyond my limits because I am out of ideas"

Narrative voice: it was not better

Still one of the best running though, and he clearly wanted to find some motivation or story beat that allowed him to get fully back on board mentally, hence the giant pile of concepts that were approached and then abandoned. We would probably be in a different place with this manga if he had found what he was looking for in the flickering chaos.

Then you have the health problems Gege is experiencing, but I don't think there's any evidence those problems are physical. Gege is only 31 years old. It seems much more likely that he feels completely out of ideas with JJK, and is forcing himself to slog through the remainder of this arc.

Artists have a hard time pushing themselves through creating art they no longer resonate with or feel they can do justice to.

Taima fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 18, 2023

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Ytlaya posted:

I like that this implies that Sukuna is just letting all these camera crows live, presumably because he wants everyone to see him owning Gojo.

a subtle hint that crows are sukuna's kryptonite.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My friend who had only seen the anime finally binged the manga over like two weeks and caught up two days ago. Reliving Shibuya through him was even more painful because I didn't have any adrenaline to protect me. Todo's arrival is still such a powerful moment. We'd a long discussion about the series and specifically how we saw Gojo and Sukuna going. I had suggested Gojo potentially trying a simple domain to cancel the guaranteed hit so it was a really cool moment to see it. I know it's considered a separate technique to DE but I've always felt they surely spring from the same idea. DE just infuses the simple domain with your CT and forms a barrier.

I'm assuming this has busted Sukuna's domain but we'll have to see I guess, I feel Gojo wouldn't look so satisfied if he had just somewhat damaged it. I'm still unsure if Sukuna complimenting Jogo is a thing that really happened, but surely Gojo is going to get some respect for not being another floppy fish! Speaking of Jogo I think Sukuna's arrow is his technique most related to whatever he means by a higher understanding of cursed energy. I feel like it can't just be a big fire strike. I still wonder if he can imbue his arrow with the enemies cursed technique similar to how DA lets an enemies CT flood in. He says "your specialty" when he's using it on Jogo which makes it feel like it's not always fire. I do wonder if it can get around limitless though because if it could wouldn't Sukuna try that before his Domain Expansion maybe?

I feel like if the ten shadows get used then the other heavy hitters jumping in would make sense. Let Gojo focus on just Sukuna. I also feel like Okkotsu (with Hakari) is a great match-up for Mahoraga specifically. Power adapter vs Power copier feat. a cool guy. Even if it's not during Gojo Vs Sukuna I feel like the peanut gallery facing off with ten shadows is likely.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also the peanut gallery better acknowledge how absurd him not only surviving but fighting Sukuna hand to hand while Malevolent Shrine was active was. Give my man all the 20.0s after that bloody masterclass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I do kind of love just how busted Gojo is made out to be here. Hakari's entire domain expansion is set up to put him into the state that Gojo is just in all the time. And the idea of the guy whose whole shtick is being literally untouchable also having insane self healing power is really funny.