Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the marcille bit made me cry :'(

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how everybody's immediate response to "what are you doing next" is exactly the same. Bunch of fuckin' weirdos forged in dungeon fire.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's kinda bullshit how good this manga is, drat.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

That was a really lovely chapter

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

I love how everybody's immediate response to "what are you doing next" is exactly the same. Bunch of fuckin' weirdos forged in dungeon fire.

the punchline of laius seemingly getting it right but no, izu still meant it the other way around got me good

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Laius should become the king so that he can refuse Marcille's extradition.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i was thinking about the anime adaptation and what reactions are going to be fun to see from an audience unfamiliar with the manga, and the ones i look forward to the most are marcille going DARKNESS ELF during red dragon and seeing people think kabru is a sociopath again.

Rubellavator posted:

actually i like the marcille going with the canaries development... but they should let her take falin... i mean she is the person she used forbidden magic on!!! so technically they should be in funny elf suicide squad too!

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 17, 2023

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This manga is so loving good man. Izutsumi respresenting the reader this chapter, seeing all our loved charaters walking into the sunset.

I'm all for Marcille and Pattadol becoming friends, I bet they read the same dorky books too.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

He could probably negotiate for her sentence being served on the island, at least.

He also, despite being, well, Laius, seems like he could do a good job. He cares about the people under his authority, he's willing to listen to people who know more than him, and he's highly respected by all relevant factions.

Traditionally, people who don't want to be in charge make the best kings.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
i like how literally no one likes the island's current governor

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Banger of a chapter, as usual

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
It just dawned on me that whatever stupid monster meat restaurant Laios has in mind will probably end up being the title drop.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SexyBlindfold posted:

It just dawned on me that whatever stupid monster meat restaurant Laios has in mind will probably end up being the title drop.

Burger King

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Burger King

TGI Spidey's.

It will fail as the main and only result of the demon's curse.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

thetoughestbean posted:

https://i.imgur.com/xr4byeD.jpg

I like that you can read this sequence of panels the same either direction. :unsmith:

Anyway this chapter was very sweet. Fun to get a chapter from Izu's perspective for a change!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I like that you can read this sequence of panels the same either direction. :unsmith:

Anyway this chapter was very sweet. Fun to get a chapter from Izu's perspective for a change!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 17, 2023

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

actually think this works better with more delay and don't see a way to edit the attachment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if Marcille's mother will be able to do something to help Marcille.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Scholtz posted:

It's kinda bullshit how good this manga is, drat.

:emptyquote:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if Marcille's mother will be able to do something to help Marcille.

being a court mage in a human kingdom means she has absolutely no influence in elven society. it's not something they see as prestigious at all, to the extent that the canaries didn't even consider it.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Is it fair for a manga to be this consistently good?

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Think the manga will end at chapter 100?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Makese sense. 5 more chapters for the rest of the party + Falin, though I could also see getting a more general final epilogue chapter as well.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What an incredible story

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

I like how she even starts to curl up like a cat.

Snooze Cruise posted:

i was thinking about the anime adaptation and what reactions are going to be fun to see from an audience unfamiliar with the manga, and the ones i look forward to the most are marcille going DARKNESS ELF during red dragon and seeing people think kabru is a sociopath again.

actually i like the marcille going with the canaries development... but they should let her take falin... i mean she is the person she used forbidden magic on!!! so technically they should be in funny elf suicide squad too!

Are the Canaries even going to be needed anymore? With the Winged Lion gone, aren't all the dungeons going to be, well.. not dungeons?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they might find a new use for a prisoner brigade, but if not, they're all going back to elf prison. maybe something will change after a couple centuries, maybe they'll all die in there, thoroughly forgotten.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

boredsatellite posted:

Is it fair for a manga to be this consistently good?

Donkringel posted:

Think the manga will end at chapter 100?

Bybus Slago posted:

Are the Canaries even going to be needed anymore? With the Winged Lion gone, aren't all the dungeons going to be, well.. not dungeons?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Fellas, I think the elves might kind of suck.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
elves, like all hot people, are awful

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/dun_meshi_en/status/1671015768522366976?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

In case anyone had plans to go to that convention

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol that orc's poor sister.

also absolutely gently caress those elves and their bullshit. laius ate magic's soul don't gently caress with his friends

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Laius's curiosity only extends to monsters and orcs are not monsters.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Nebrilos posted:

Laius's curiosity only extends to monsters and orcs are not monsters.

(chapter 14.5)

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

(chapter 14.5)

I would argue that this indicates that Laius sees orcs as about the same as humans: both equally uninteresting to him.

Also, why did that orc get mad at Laius telling him his wives are beautiful? He even went out and asked Laius if he thought they were beautiful.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I do believe that Laios's interests are mostly concentrated on non-sapient species.
But let's be honest: Laios definitely wonders what orc sweat tastes like.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Also, why did that orc get mad at Laius telling him his wives are beautiful? He even went out and asked Laius if he thought they were beautiful.
He wasn't actually ready to hear Laius say his wives had some nice T&A.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nebrilos posted:

"Look at my wives."

"BUDDY, I've been lookin'."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Orc reaction changed when Laius started talking about the T&A so that is pretty much on Laius being an idiot.