Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are also sooooooooo loving rich......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Deadloch on Amazon
is absolutely fantastic! Thanks so much for that recommendation. Never would have found it otherwise.

I think this show will pick up a bigger fan base after it ends in a few weeks. It's an Australian comedy-mystery with some fantastic writing, hilarious side characters and a huge stumbling block for anyone who stumbles onto it.

One of the main characters is intensely offputting and irritating for the first few episodes. If you stick with it though, it all starts to mesh and we're fully invested in the mystery at this point (ep6).

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Spermanent Record posted:

One of the main characters is intensely offputting and irritating for the first few episodes. If you stick with it though, it all starts to mesh and we're fully invested in the mystery at this point (ep6).

People from Darwin are just like that, yah hosed tah death oval office

Same way they portray Tasmania as a mix of woke lesbians and yokels. good take!

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 24, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Strange New Worlds remains tied with Lower Decks for best Trek show, really looking forward to the crossover episode.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Deadloch on Amazon
is absolutely fantastic! Thanks so much for that recommendation. Never would have found it otherwise.

I think this show will pick up a bigger fan base after it ends in a few weeks. It's an Australian comedy-mystery with some fantastic writing, hilarious side characters and a huge stumbling block for anyone who stumbles onto it.

I walked in while my wife was watching it, so I missed ep 1&2, but the rest has been great. Really enjoying it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Strange New Worlds remains tied with Lower Decks for best Trek show, really looking forward to the crossover episode.

I watched the first episode of strange New worlds and found it to be pretty forgettable and generic. Does it get better?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

The bear is so good

It really is. In another thread I mentioned I love it because it's normal loving people. It looks great but it's not a prestige drama, which I'm kinda tired of to be honest. It's not a network prime time drama about a cop or a doctor. It's not superhero poo poo or zombie poo poo.

The main cast is really great. I'm only a few episodes into season 2 but it seems everyone is getting a chance to shine.

Episodes are only about 30 minutes long, which is perfect. We need more shows like this.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo season 2 is out?!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Oh poo poo season 2 is out?!

Yeah it dropped this week. I would have totally missed it if not someone mentioning it here.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It really is. In another thread I mentioned I love it because it's normal loving people. It looks great but it's not a prestige drama, which I'm kinda tired of to be honest. It's not a network prime time drama about a cop or a doctor. It's not superhero poo poo or zombie poo poo.

The main cast is really great. I'm only a few episodes into season 2 but it seems everyone is getting a chance to shine.

Episodes are only about 30 minutes long, which is perfect. We need more shows like this.

I think you just described exactly why I like Reservation Dogs, guess now I have to watch The Bear

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Deadite posted:

I think you just described exactly why I like Reservation Dogs, guess now I have to watch The Bear

I've never watched that but now I need too!

edit: This Christmas episode has a loaded guest star cast. If this were on network tv it would be a sweeps week episode (is that still a thing?).

double edit: This episode is one of the few things I've ever watched that has actually stressed me out.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 24, 2023

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I binged Season 2 of The Bear. It's loving incredible. Better than the first imo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I watched the first episode of strange New worlds and found it to be pretty forgettable and generic. Does it get better?

I just rewatched the first episode because I didn't remember it all that well. It definitely suffers from the typical introductory episode structure, getting the whole team in place thing. I'd say give it one more episode.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Sweet bear season 2 that’s awesome news. I love below decks so I’ll check out strange new worlds

Couldn’t get into the Sam Jackson show but if it ends up being good I’ll go back and watch it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

I binged Season 2 of The Bear. It's loving incredible. Better than the first imo.

Agreed. And that’s a really high bar to clear

Tbh I think it’s the best show on tv at the moment.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Tim Whatley posted:

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. And that’s a really high bar to clear

Tbh I think it’s the best show on tv at the moment.

I’m so glad the second season lives up to the first! I hope Hulu and others still allow downloads for offline viewing, going on a trip and wanna binge this.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Deadite posted:

They’re both up there with the best shows on tv, for sure.

The Bear S2 has a few absolutely killer episodes, the Christmas dinner one is amazing, but I think ‘Forks’ with Richie was the standout for me. Just all around perfect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Richie episode and Marcus episode were the standouts for me. The finale was a nice callback to the chaos energy the first season had. Really not a single episode wasn't top tier though.

I really liked how personal growth seemed to be the overarching theme in SSN2. Was just a really satisfying to watch. Except Carmine goddammit I wanted to just grab him shake him, and be like WHAT ARE DOING!?!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Bear is a show that should've been released weekly. I'm forcing myself to do one a day so I don't run out of them so quickly.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has there been any update as to when full, unedited, high quality streaming of every episode of Tales from the Crypt is coming to a streaming service? I'll subscribe to the dumbest thing just to get that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Never, the rights are turbofucked. Just watch em on YouTube and squint so you don't notice the quality

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's pretty easy to find through alternate means.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
The Bear = Good!

Witch From Mercury = Most overrated gundam ever tf @ this mid poo poo? "But the gays?! It's so revolutionary!!" Bitch, Utena never had its high school-age characters talk like they're 7 or got wrapped in a convoluted plot that makes Tenet look like A New Hope. Watch Utena instead (or Heavenly Delusion for something newer).

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 24, 2023

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Disney+ in Australia has the bear coming out on july 19. Why the gently caress are things not out at the same time globally?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Most of the time it is. Liscencing gets in the way of stuff, and Disney is famously a bastard about liscence

They call the seventy five year post death intellectual property cut off the Mickey Mouse Clause

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is almost every Hulu ad a pharmaceutical ad? Anyone else get this?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hulu has ads?? :smugdog:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least since i started paying for it myself it does lol.

I need to start streaming on my tv via laptop or steam deck so I can just block the ads

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

This new Evil Dead is completely boring. And I can't get past this lady getting into an elevator immediately after an earthquake.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nora from queens is so fuckin funny dude

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Ok, so it's not just me. I was like, how does Hulu know my health sucks??

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bananaquiter posted:

This new Evil Dead is completely boring. And I can't get past this lady getting into an elevator immediately after an earthquake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbmAn-1QNo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Deadloch on Amazon

I only just noticed it was wrote and produced by the Kate's! Love those dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UZJRR8OHhY

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

A MIRACLE posted:

Hulu has ads?? :smugdog:

Not if you pay for the premium tier.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well I'm pretty sure I just saw the next emmy winner for guest actress. Holy smokes that Christmas episode of The Bear.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Hulu with ads is literally a torture device.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

veni veni veni posted:

It's nuts. We only get Hims ads, that horrible Tom Brady car rental one and an ad for a vitiligo cream. Literally nothing else, every 90 second commerical break is just those ads

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd rather watch no tv than FAST tv

It's the future, we can't make rocket cars but we can make streaming services that don't play ads, that's achievable

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

One time many years ago I was entirely flat broke and unemployed and had two months with no internet or cable where the only things I could watch were the following on DVD: The Simpsons season 6, Alice's Restaurant, and American Gangster. I'd still rather go back to that than watch any ad-supported streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

mcmagic posted:

Hulu with ads is literally a torture device.

The one-take episode from The Bear S1 is ruined with ads.

Heavenly Delusion drops 7 different ad breaks in its 23-minute episodes sometimes mid-sentence (which as a premium user I don't receive but still see short dips to black).