Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Augus posted:

I don’t think this ever happened

It was pretty one sided but there was def a push for the chick from Bozja to have the hots for Cid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can accept liking the story of nier 1 better than nier 2. But it seems tough to call it a better game considering the whole cavia vs platinum aspect, unless you're truly a giant poster

It’s not a dichotomy of nier 1 Vs automata, and I never framed it that way since it would be disingenuous having not played nier 1. But also the game platinum made in n:a is bad, independent of this

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

ff14 cid is fine but the random bits where matsuno tried to give him a 20 year old girlfriend were weird

tbf isn't FF14 Cid actually very young, like a teen genius? He just looks like an old man because of the beard and anime white hair.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cid is 34 in XIV

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair FF6 Cid is the only Cid who doesn't gently caress.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega64 posted:

To be fair FF6 Cid is the only Cid who doesn't gently caress.

Woe be to Mrs. XI Cid

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To be fair I say it partly because I think ff14 cid got done pretty dirty in endwalker. It's been a while since I watched the relevant cuscene but at least to my memory alphinaud calls up a shitload of people to come work on the ragnarok but not cid, he ends up having to just awkwardly invite himself

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
FFXIV Cid is and always has been kinda lame. It’s not the worst but the writers seem to kinda take it as a given that you think he’s the coolest?

He’s just not very interesting.

People dislike him for varied reasons but personally I never recovered from the goggles scene cringing me into a blackhole.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cids are usually cool by default. You have to actively work to make them uncool, like FF6 and FF8.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

FFXIV Cid is and always has been kinda lame. It’s not the worst but the writers seem to kinda take it as a given that you think he’s the coolest?

i don't know about that given that all i remember him doing for the past 3 expansions is bickering with his old college roommate about nerd poo poo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

From what I understand FF14 Cid is a regular poster in this thread, possibly even another Endorph alt.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cock hero flux posted:

i don't know about that given that all i remember him doing for the past 3 expansions is bickering with his old college roommate about nerd poo poo

And its always very good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cock hero flux posted:

I haven't gotten around to Endwalker yet but as of the end of Shadowbringers it had been a while since he had done anything other than argue with Nero in side content

That's the best Cid content though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me everytime Cid and Nero bicker: pog

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The first Nier is fine but nothing particularly special

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FF16 Cid is an extremely good Cid, probably my favorite. Every scene he's in feels more alive and fun just because he's in it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Me everytime Cid and Nero bicker: pog

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/KiteWaltzRyder/status/1672261570867650562

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

He's the best

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
16 Cid might actually be my favorite Cid.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Endorph posted:

yoko taro has neat ideas but he isnt the guy doing the actual heavy lifting on the writing for nier/drakengard/automata and its weird people keep pretending he is. its like giving yoshi-p writing credit for ff14 instead of ishikawa, maehiro, and oda (and all the other secondary writers ofc)

I've seen people do exactly that and it's dumb as hell

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm weird because I have a soft spot for evil Cids, I like Doctor Cidolfus Demen Bunansa and Generalissimo Cid (from Type-0). I thought they were very good villains.

Though narratively 6 and 8 and 14 Cid are better

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Augus posted:

I don’t think this ever happened

I think anyone who self-reports not having done bozja should be forced to drop whatever they're doing and complete up to dalriada as recompense

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

I'm weird because I have a soft spot for evil Cids, I like Doctor Cidolfus Demen Bunansa and Generalissimo Cid (from Type-0). I thought they were very good villains.

Though narratively 6 and 8 and 14 Cid are better

Doctor Cid from FF12 is a top tier Cid. He just hams it up so much and steals every scene he's in, he's great

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endorph posted:

do you think me and zenmasterbullshit are the same person

"There is a tendency on the Something Awful Forums to attribute multiple posts to a single person", said Endorph, creator of that post about the good drakengard writer

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Harrow posted:

Doctor Cid from FF12 is a top tier Cid. He just hams it up so much and steals every scene he's in, he's great

Yeah he is not just one of my favorite Cids but one of my favorite FF villains

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vitamean posted:

I think anyone who self-reports not having done bozja should be forced to drop whatever they're doing and complete up to dalriada as recompense

The Bozja story is some of the worst and most boring poo poo in the game. I would rather do ARR pre-quest culling than have to do the Bozja story again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm sorry I have Eureka trauma ok.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vitamean posted:

I did a bunch of bozja stuff but have still yet to do dalriada... Do groups form for that organically still

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Vitamean posted:

Weren't enough people in the instance for me to finish up the first Bozja zone so I could do the next part of the story :(
I would actually like to finish Bozja sometime.

I will never do Eureka. I do every other part of FF14 reasonably completeable by a casual player that doesn't expect me to actually learn a fight (read: I will never do an Extreme/Savage/Minstrel's Ballad/ Ultimate), I've done all the beast tribes, all the optional dungeons, all the rolequests.

I will never do Eureka.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

bewilderment posted:

Weren't enough people in the instance for me to finish up the first Bozja zone so I could do the next part of the story :(

I will never do Eureka. I do every other part of FF14 reasonably completeable by a casual player that doesn't expect me to actually learn a fight (read: I will never do an Extreme/Savage/Minstrel's Ballad/ Ultimate), I've done all the beast tribes, all the optional dungeons, all the rolequests.

I will never do Eureka.

...But why? Eureka is epic. And extremely easy lol.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Endorph posted:

do you think me and zenmasterbullshit are the same person

You both tend to blend into the "prick, with occasional good posts" background noise. :shrug:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

“. . .”

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have literally never been mean to anyone in my entire life

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Still have not done eureka or Bozja or any of that kind of stuff, it always gets introduced when I’m not subbed and I never get around to it when I come back. Maybe one day… might be fun

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The only bit of Eureka/Bozja content I haven't done yet is Delubrum Savage, heard it's fun but CBF to get into an organised group. Eureka and Baldesion Arsenal in particular are very cool though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph is the only good poster tbh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I'm sorry I have Eureka trauma ok.

You can do it!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did a bunch of bozja stuff but have still yet to do dalriada... Do groups form for that organically still

You can do it!

bewilderment posted:

I will never do Eureka.

You can do it!

Sleng Teng posted:

Still have not done eureka or Bozja or any of that kind of stuff, it always gets introduced when I’m not subbed and I never get around to it when I come back. Maybe one day… might be fun

You can do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

You both tend to blend into the "prick, with occasional good posts" background noise. :shrug:

Come on now, they both have their charms but ZMB'a default setting is seething rage and randomly napalming people and endorph is just lovely