Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does anyone have the clip of joex iden saying republicans stacked the court legally and there nothing to be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1674463046117339172

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Interesting this is the case that generated him saying that and not eg Dobbs. or maybe it’s in advance of the student loan decision too.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The President of the United States of America: heh, normal world

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Petey posted:

Interesting this is the case that generated him saying that and not eg Dobbs. or maybe it’s in advance of the student loan decision too.

well it's only this year that thomas's, alito's, etc's flagrant levels of corruption got into the news

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

well it's only this year that thomas's, alito's, etc's flagrant levels of corruption got into the news

I'm sure the Democrats will actually do something about it now, lol lmao.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Petey posted:

"you do not under any circumstances gotta hand it to 'em"

https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/1674461569051242499

Secret hotep Clarence Thomas

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
https://twitter.com/9mm_smg/status/1674460722229653521?t=7-j4YrzK-I8BYCG0iUfIuA&s=19

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

These are usually stdh but honestly I could see any number of over educated liberals in their 50s/60s saying that exact thing in moments of frustration

We rate this anecdote likely true

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

she meant it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

where's that med school textbook page about black people not feeling as much pain as white people?

edit: literally the white man's burden

https://twitter.com/9mm_smg/status/1674473016820899857

that account is...... something

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 01:23 on Jun 30, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

you'll never guess the outcome of this fake case lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

todays the last day this year right?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Grapplejack posted:

Secret hotep Clarence Thomas

I'm not sure if it's ever been that much of a secret

Scalia was the only thing restraining his power level all those years, it seems

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

These are usually stdh but honestly I could see any number of over educated liberals in their 50s/60s saying that exact thing in moments of frustration

We rate this anecdote likely true

Liberalism is home to a whole lotta compassionate racists which is why demography is so popular among that crowd

If we want to help those people, we need to boil them down into the correct groups, after all

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

spacemang_spliff posted:

you'll never guess the outcome of this fake case lol

Oh man, the Dems are gonna fund raise so much off of this!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
9 minutes ago
Sotomayor is still reading.

7 minutes ago
I thought she was finishing up, but she is still reading.

a minute ago
Sotomayor is still reading. I keep going back in because it sounds like she is wrapping up, but she isn't.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

9 minutes ago
Sotomayor is still reading.

7 minutes ago
I thought she was finishing up, but she is still reading.

a minute ago
Sotomayor is still reading. I keep going back in because it sounds like she is wrapping up, but she isn't.

epic dissent scene in supreme court

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The economy is going to explode and it is amazing to behold

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

epic dissent scene in supreme court

she's persisting!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

As far as I can tell the case is largely about creative works and is generalized to be about "matters of personal significance" so you can turn down people who want to make weird Nazi or trump websites now I guess.

E: telling Obama that I'm not going to ghostwrite his lovely book because he sucks and having it protected by SCOTUS ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is today the big student loan day.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Is today the big student loan day.

Yep

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Its struck down lol amazing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

As far as I can tell the case is largely about creative works and is generalized to be about "matters of personal significance" so you can turn down people who want to make weird Nazi or trump websites now I guess.

E: telling Obama that I'm not going to ghostwrite his lovely book because he sucks and having it protected by SCOTUS ftw

it would be funny if obama hired ghostwriters from taskrabbit or w/e

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Its struck down lol amazing

oh yay we did it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1674789562722430978

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

lmfao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My reading is that it's largely about the use of the heroes act as a shield but doesn't specify that it's not something they can't do, so the secretary can likely still cancel the debt they just have to have the stones to do it and not offer an excuse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol, lmao

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Grapplejack posted:

My reading is that it's largely about the use of the heroes act as a shield but doesn't specify that it's not something they can't do, so the secretary can likely still cancel the debt they just have to have the stones to do it and not offer an excuse

actually they can't because of the parliamentarian

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

yeah using covid or w/e is a weird excuse. it should have just been an executive jubilee or w/e and i think that would pass muster

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

I'm sure this court would find a convoluted way to strike it down anyway, but there is a law congress passed that very obviously gives the president the ability to do whatever the gently caress they want on student loans, and Biden didn't go through that method because he doesn't actually want to forgive student debts and was hoping for this exact outcome.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

tfw i just lost $10,000

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

it was always within the authority of the president to order the department of education to forgive the loans it directly owns, but joe tried to find an excuse to justify why this was going to be just a one time concession and nobody should expect it to mean they can expect future nice things

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/pilotemi/status/1674790529287225344

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

it was always within the authority of the president to order the department of education to forgive the loans it directly owns, but joe tried to find an excuse to justify why this was going to be just a one time concession and nobody should expect it to mean they can expect future nice things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It is interesting from a like trivia perspective that the Supreme Court case for student loans is Brown vs [something] of Education like school integration.