Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

biosterous posted:

all red parchisi pieces are demoted to Pvt -1st class, as denoted by the inverted colours. also this happens to be pretty close to the BYOB colours but that's just a happy coincidence

the bees all swarm nic cage, asking him what it was like working with all the famous bees in wickerman. nic is too sleepy to give a good Q&A session but also too sleepy to make the faux-pas of bringing up the bee movie and causing an Incident

deploy ah-1z viper gunship to the crater. fire hydra 70 rockets at e2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is wonderful.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

rolling 1d12 for fuzing options on hydra 70 rockets

XM436 Air burst, Motor-Burnout Delay selected!

residual smoke penalties force a roll on the scatter table, rolling 1d9 for hit location

rocket barrage scatters to D3! C2 pawn wounded! D2 pawn killed! E2 pawn wounded! C3 Ontos Motive System Hit! Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, MP Halved.

(not gonna update for a bit btw)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hmmm, well the ontos still has six 50cal rifles so target c7 and let's let the hillbilly-rear end crew figure out the hosed tracks later

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Goro can deploy a beat down on that uptight sgtmaj for lecturing him about getting swindled 21% APR on his cool new car. Nobody lectures Goro

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I am growing a beard and buying your finest goat

Let's do the whole loving village Play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoDZzejankw

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Victor Vermis posted:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

urban city planning is my passion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyfwytcRz0

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

What the poo poo? Just that video alone has me jonesing to play it but the only mobile is Apple play and they specifically are not interested in Android?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Victor Vermis posted:

:five:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the RNG is too intimidated by goro majima's violence to require the ontos to make a roll. c7 pawn is killed!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

biosterous posted:

the RNG is too intimidated by goro majima's violence to require the ontos to make a roll. c7 pawn is killed!

NCIS (offboard) and MPs (also offboard) roll DUI checkpoint. Let's see if the Sergeant Major gets caught in one and ends up being admin sepped for it, or will the CO cover it up?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yay, a thing died! Can we reload more beehive rounds and see how bad the go go systems are?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LP is in for it now!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CainFortea posted:

LP is in for it now!

the marines have played their trump card (Ghost of Chesty Puller), forcing a morale check!

LP army roll 2d6:

checking roll of 8 vs morale target* (base 5 + wounded 2 + dead 2 + ecological damage 1 - enemy losses 1 = 9). morale check failed! LP retreats!

* see pg 8 of Chess Tactical Operations for all morale target modifiers

Command radios in to tell you the operation is a success, and to stand by...

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

you have won round one of Chess Tactical Operations!

... wait, Chess Tac O...?

:getin:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i might actually just call the game there, i am very happy with this punchline and also i'm gonna be pretty busy this week

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You went above and beyond. Thank you for your service.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

biosterous posted:

i might actually just call the game there, i am very happy with this punchline and also i'm gonna be pretty busy this week

Great work, that was amazing.

Hey since you did such a great job you've now got mid watch for the next 4 saturdays no lib.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thank you generous host country for teaching us your traditions. In the next 3.5 weeks we will instill some of ours in return: getting ninja punched for making GBS threads in a common area sink, drinking sketchy alcohol from plastic jugs, and buddy push ups.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh, yea, ya'all got any holy relics that we absolutely shouldn't trash in a drunken rage?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The locals dislike when you "Dance with the Angels", don't know what that is though. Euphemism for a sexy thing or something idk

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sounds like Evangelion, so we should do that for sure

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

The locals dislike when you "Dance with the Angels", don't know what that is though. Euphemism for a sexy thing or something idk

how could you bring this evil upon us, without crow here to save us from it???

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

biosterous posted:

you have won round one of Chess Tactical Operations!

... wait, Chess Tac O...?

:getin:

Top-tier content, 10/10

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You're going to have to shoot me dead to stop me from making GBS threads in the sink

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Danaru posted:

You're going to have to shoot me dead to stop me from making GBS threads in the sink

Best I can do is osprey crash.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

You may not like it,

But this is what peak punching a lot of elves looks like

Blood Bowl 3 is a good game if you're into throwing dice until they decide to make another person feel bad about spending their time playing Blood Bowl 3

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I need to pick up that game sometime, my buddy loves it lol

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Never got in to blood bowl. I went full-addict route and have 1 1/2 to 2-ish Warhammer 40k armies and a resin printer.

Yes I was an intel nerd what's it to ya?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want to do warhams but I already have d&d going and cannot justify buying either minis or a 3d printer anytime soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I know next to nothing about miniature gaming, but I love this image and the backstory.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know next to nothing about miniature gaming, but I love this image and the backstory.

We’ll give us the backstory brother

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thank gently caress we're deployed, here's something back in CONUS:

Don't know anything about it other than it was sent to me and now it must be seen.

:psyboom:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

We’ll give us the backstory brother

my bad. I think they're playing warhammer 40k. Dude in white has a strategy that he always uses where he doesn't deploy anything during the deployment phase and instead holds everything in reserve. When his first turn comes up, he deploys all his bikers in a v formation closest to the weakest point of the other player's defense and runs them over. Guy with the poo poo eating grin knew about the strategy, and countered it by placing a line of scout units along white shirt's deployment line. Scouts are weak and will get killed instantly out in the open, but can be deployed anywhere as long as they're not within 30cm of an opposing unit. Once the game starts, white shirt loses instantly because he cannot deploy anything. The rules won't allow you to deploy something within 5cm of an opposing unit. Since he didn't set up anything at the start, he lost automatically. This is the first time someone ever did this to him, and he was notorious for just crushing people with his strategy prior to that.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I want to do warhams but I already have d&d going and cannot justify buying either minis or a 3d printer anytime soon.

play battletech instead, it's completely mini-agnostic. the rulebook openly encourages you to say "this lego brick is a Marauder, and this doodad on one end indicates which way it's facing"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

biosterous posted:

play battletech instead, it's completely mini-agnostic. the rulebook openly encourages you to say "this lego brick is a Marauder, and this doodad on one end indicates which way it's facing"

I have wanted to do that for a while tbh, even have a group that is willing iirc, unless they're just as busy as I am this summer lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PathAsc posted:

Thank gently caress we're deployed, here's something back in CONUS:

Don't know anything about it other than it was sent to me and now it must be seen.

:psyboom:

A followup was posted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

JFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
They were found drawing with crayons together.