Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Put it on the floor. Lest you invite the wrath of Poseidon for your hubris.
Thinking a shelf will hold is your nemesis.
Sweeping it back up is the catharsis. Also you're going to be transformed into a boat or a shelf or something. It's Greek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
for the early vip releases, is that online only or in-store also?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Sunk Dunk posted:

for the early vip releases, is that online only or in-store also?

In store also

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

This will never be made but it is the perfect combo of my childhood.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/9fffbefe-0429-4bc5-96c2-3cd2fc6199a6

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

HootTheOwl posted:

Put it on the floor. Lest you invite the wrath of Poseidon for your hubris.
Thinking a shelf will hold is your nemesis.
Sweeping it back up is the catharsis. Also you're going to be transformed into a boat or a shelf or something. It's Greek.

Just make one of these to go with it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Grand Fromage posted:

:eyepop: Wow I love this.

It's been a quiet year for me set-wise, other than flowers the only set I've bought is the A-Frame. I've got a couple of small parts orders from BL in the post but nothing official is really doing it for me in the current lineup. There's some great stuff, but a lot of it seems redundant to older sets I have- I don't feel the need to get Eldorado Fortress given that I have the old Imperial Trading Post with which the former appears to share some design and play elements, or the Lion Knights' Castle as I've got Black Knight's Castle- which when looking at the other old castles, might be the GOAT imo.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Display tip: sprinkle a few of the extra pieces around the bow for an updated 2023 model

I love this

Speaking of failed submarines, I ordered and received the parts for the bow dome. I have no idea how I'm going to get it together because the designer is a bit of a dolt.

Lemew decided to "help"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMoxxBCS7w

And here are all the parts.

Just shy of 2000 pieces. If I can't make this work, I may give up on the whole deal. Who knows.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I finished Bag 8 of the Daily Bugle... is this front wall of the second level just supposed to lay on the front without anything for it to click in? I get that's a feature that this wall can come out, but unless I did something wrong as-is the wall can just slide off since nothing is securing it in place.

EDIT: Nevermind, had the second level on wrong (it was too far up, blocking the studs that hold the wall in place)

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 4, 2023

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Is there some kind of online service where I can design a moc and just have all the pieces shipped to me?

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Tenebrais posted:

So I ordered the Ninjago City Markets last weekend, and look what now arrived!

Whoops

There is a none-zero chance you may have gotten my order.

I ordered Rivendell (and other stuff) early June, and got my other stuff quickly. On June 12th they finally emailed saying they shipped out my LotR set. And gave me a tracking number that never showed up in UPS. Over the weekend, I contacted Lego about "hey, where is my stuff?" and got a person on chat. They looked up my tracking info, and agreed everything was weird, so they re-placed my Rivendell set as a new order for free. I now have a UPS tracking show I get my LotR set this Friday.

My guess is that in the warehouse my label fell on the floor and they just slapped the next label on the box that was in front of them. If that really happened, enjoy their mistake, and it would be so weird that it benefited someone else in this thread.

If you were to look up that box's tracking information in UPS, would it have shown it was created something close to this timestamp: 06/11/2023 2:31 A.M EST.

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 4, 2023

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I had two weddings back to back a couple of weeks ago. First were good friends and I gave them (along with some cash) the bonsai tree with a note along the effects of "a moment of zen after after the stress of planning a wedding. Second was my best friend and I gave them the flowers with a note saying "just like these flowers, your love will never wilt" or whatever.

Both were the perfect gift, even though none of them are lego people. It's original, will become a part of their decor so it has staying power, and in my case because I'm really open about lego being my hobby and having it all around my house and stuff it's also personal. Maybe especially for non lego people sets like that make an awesome gift because it's a novel way to spend time and leaves you with something fun and pretty to display.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

bltzn posted:

Is there some kind of online service where I can design a moc and just have all the pieces shipped to me?

Yup. Make an account at bricklink.com and download studio for free.

Build your thing, upload the parts list and it will find your pieces to buy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grand Fromage posted:

All it's missing is city copter one reporting heavy traffic

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON PIECE COUNTS YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mine GO BOOM posted:

My guess is that in the warehouse my label fell on the floor and they just slapped the next label on the box that was in front of them.

I ordered my Stranger Things set at midnight on the release day and got it less than 24 hours later. They must have boxes just lined up ready for shipping labels to be slapped on them sometimes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Flyinglemur posted:

Yup. Make an account at bricklink.com and download studio for free.

Build your thing, upload the parts list and it will find your pieces to buy

This isn't exactly what bltzn was asking for. Ordering pieces on bricklink is still a bunch of work to do. But it is as close as there is. But there is no service that will just ship you parts except for pick a brick if it has the pieces you need.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I use webrick but I don't think they offer official lego pieces. There's a nice upload tool that uses all sorts of common files from designer software: https://www.webrick.com/toolkit

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cojawfee posted:

This isn't exactly what bltzn was asking for. Ordering pieces on bricklink is still a bunch of work to do. But it is as close as there is. But there is no service that will just ship you parts except for pick a brick if it has the pieces you need.

Wasn't it though? I understand that there are more steps than what I typed out but isn't that what was asked? You can set the options for where you want the bricks to come from but it's pretty intuitive and painless.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Ideally I wouldn't have to buy the bricks as a separate transaction but if that's the closest thing that exists it will do. I'll check it out thanks!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

bltzn posted:

Ideally I wouldn't have to buy the bricks as a separate transaction but if that's the closest thing that exists it will do. I'll check it out thanks!

Please be advised, I am not an expert lol. But I've bought a large number of bricks from there. I have no doubt there are other, probably better solutions :)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Has BL improved their "generate carts automatically" option so as not to default to the most expensive sellers

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Stud.io lists the total price for my red version of the Speed Champions Countach as $78.13 which is a bit much.

EDIT: though that might be because I've accidentally used an extremely expensive Technic piece?

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 4, 2023

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mine GO BOOM posted:

If you were to look up that box's tracking information in UPS, would it have shown it was created something close to this timestamp: 06/11/2023 2:31 A.M EST.

Unlikely, honestly - I placed my order on the 16th. The labels on it would have all been accurate if I actually had ordered the Rivendell (ie describing the Rivendell set, and also had my name and address) so I think what happened is that they have these sets boxed ready to ship and you just slap an address sticker on it, and whoever was picking these up out of the warehouse picked up a big cardboard box from the wrong shelf.

Lego did end up asking me to return it (they paid for the shipping, naturally). Maybe if I'd really pushed back I could have got them to give up on it, since they'd sent out the actual Markets without waiting for me to do that. But I didn't really want to go to the trouble for the sake of a set I never actually wanted and didn't have a space for, no matter how nice £400 worth of free lego would be.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Stud.io lists the total price for my red version of the Speed Champions Countach as $78.13 which is a bit much.

EDIT: though that might be because I've accidentally used an extremely expensive Technic piece?
iirc Studio uses the average new part value to calculate the estimated cost. There are long out-of-production parts you can find for like 15 cents used, but several dollars new because they are SO long out of production. Studio will use that "new" value to calculate your cost.

You will almost certainly bring it in cheaper if you export that to BrickLink and generate some carts, especially if your list allows for "used" condition as well as "new."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure the Larry/Morton set is the last of the Koopalings. There really aren't any main characters, monsters left to do in Mario.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

iirc Studio uses the average new part value to calculate the estimated cost. There are long out-of-production parts you can find for like 15 cents used, but several dollars new because they are SO long out of production. Studio will use that "new" value to calculate your cost.

You will almost certainly bring it in cheaper if you export that to BrickLink and generate some carts, especially if your list allows for "used" condition as well as "new."

It doesn't matter anyway as apparently Lego doesn't make one very specific part in red.

EDIT: Oh wait, I could just use two of these

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 5, 2023

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Looks like the GWP promos for the rest of July have been leaked:

https://falconbricks.com/news/lego-july-2023-promos/

I'm very new to the modern Lego world, but as far as I can see those leaks seem pretty reliable. And I had just purchased the Eldorado fortress plus a couple other things! :argh:

I already contacted Lego customer service in my country and asked if I can get the GWPs I would have qualified for since the order I made hasn't even left their warehouse yet, they said no but I'm free to return any order within 35 days - so here I am, ready to repurchase as soon as the GWPs go live and then resend the "old" order back of course :v: I'm not giving up on potentially 3 free gifts that could be worth a decent amount if I want to resell them / give me a few extra hours of entertainment

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I guess the rumoured Majisto GWP isn't for a while then?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I guess the rumoured Majisto GWP isn't for a while then?

as a big castle theme fan, I hope they make it but a bit later on and ideally coupled with some new medieval set (a remake of 10193 would be great next to the Lion Knights castle..) worth enough to get them together when my bank account recovers a bit. September/October would be nice!

e: seems like I'm not alone, just found this on a random forum and there was a leak a few months ago about a potential new medieval village! :dance:

quote:

I'm confident that the set will be released somewhere in 2024 or 2025, for mainly three reasons :

- the designers of 10305 initially claimed wanting the castle with nearby civil scenery, but it was abandoned (I can't find the source, however I'm absolutely sure I read or heard it somewhere from Mike Psiaki or Milan Madge when the set was released, if anyone can share it!) ;

- this is the perfect opportunity to surf on the anniversary castle's popularity ;

- in the perspective where LEGO does not wish to produce a new Castle sub-theme with full range of sets, but rather to continue the strategy of large one shots expensive sets, the choice of a Medieval Market is obvious. 10193: Medieval Market Village is very popular and still highly desired today.

please Lego go ahead and thank you (and hopefully more like, end of 2023 rather than 2025)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 5, 2023

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The original MMV is one of my favorite sets, but mine has no cows. If the new one is properly scaled to the old one then it might be worth it just for the menagerie of animals present- is that a goat I see??

They're really crushing it this year with the baby versions of animals that are showing up in the sets too.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Who got hired at Lego in the last couple years and was like, gently caress IT, CASTLE IS BACK? Because I'd like to send them a cake.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
They realized how nicely they could cash in on nostalgia for Space, Castle, and Pirates with limited run adult-priced sets. No complaints, personally.

Now they just need to bring back Paradisa.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A nice 18+ Paradisa set WITH a cool base plate sounds cool to me. I really like those sets.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

A nice 18+ Paradisa set WITH a cool base plate sounds cool to me. I really like those sets.

You looking for more minifigs with cleavage?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Meanwhile at UCS Star Wars:

“Keep churning out things we’ve done already, OR playsets that no one wants!!!”

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Who got hired at Lego in the last couple years and was like, gently caress IT, CASTLE IS BACK? Because I'd like to send them a cake.

Castle and space are so good.

Pirates are OK.

Everything else is vOv.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Dogen posted:

Meanwhile at UCS Star Wars:

“Keep churning out things we’ve done already, OR playsets that no one wants!!!”

"Can we make a new shade of grey yet?"

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Why is the Disney princess Death Star not an official set yet?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Your wallet is thanks enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

wheatpuppy posted:

Why is the Disney princess Death Star not an official set yet?

I need one so bad