Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My favorite Harrison Ford movie is when he fights the Aggie cultists in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Whoop

the one where he fights cadets from the virginia military institute wasn't good, they should just stick with aggies as villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Traffic in BCS is so loving good. Best traffic in the state.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hey Mussolini made the buses run on time

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Had a friend in 2001 at A&M that drove bus. Looks like they haven't increased the pay scale much in 20 years.

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009
The trick with velveta queso is that instead of rotel, you get a couple cans of diced tomatoes and stir that in a sauce pan over med heat until the liquid evaporates. Then you dice up some jarred jalapeños and through that in with a generous amount of the juice. And ideally the cheese should be melted slowly in a pan on the stove.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

That is just rotel with more steps

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Never had a queso I didn't like. Guac once but never queso.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I tried the queso at a Chipotle once when they first started serving it. That was a bad queso.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Ratmtattat posted:

I tried the queso at a Chipotle once when they first started serving it. That was a bad queso.

Using the Chipotle menu is cheating.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Chipotle queso the second worst queso I have ever had. The first worst was at a place called Viola Ventanas. The queso was literally monterey jack dumped on a plate and melted under a heat lamp with beschamel ladelled on top of that and raw, unpickled jalapeno put on top of that.

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

That is just rotel with more steps

Give it a try and tell me it’s not better than rotel

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Devils Avocado posted:

Give it a try and tell me it’s not better than rotel

The part that makes it better than Rotel is the cooking down of the tomatoes and peppers, which.... You can just do with Rotel.

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009
But you don’t want to cook down the jalapeños! And you need the juice! Look this is a recipe my elders brought over from the old country, it’s worth the little bit extra.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Chilis queso is better than Chipotle

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Abuelo’s queso is sub-velveeta and rotel

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

George H.W. oval office posted:

Chilis queso is better than Chipotle

Yikes. I never tried the Chipotle queso, but I would never have guessed it could be THAT bad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Boar's Head cheese makes a good queso base

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Jiro posted:

Boar's Head cheese makes a good queso base

...what?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://boarshead.com/products/detail/1541699269-american-cheese-white

Cheese, you can get prepackaged or ordered by the pound at HEB deli.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

RisqueBarber posted:

Never had a queso I didn't like. Guac once but never queso.

A lot of restaurant and and premade guacamole you can get from the store has a weird flavor in it that I never cared for and which I never get when making it by hand. Not sure if it's some preservative they put in it or what, but it tastes kind of like the avocados are already going bad even though it still looks green and fresh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They're about to finish construction on a Lupe Tortilla by me. Is that a good place? Does it suck?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lupe beef fajitas are p good I think. Better than Pappacitos but worse than a good local spot.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i went to a lupes once for lunch, and the fajitas were cold and mid.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Schubalts posted:

They're about to finish construction on a Lupe Tortilla by me. Is that a good place? Does it suck?

I still like the original Lupe despite it being overrated, the franchise though is another story entirely, not only is it pricey but I don't care for the food at all. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled what with being from Houston, where you can basically walk 50 feet in any direction and find good tex-mex.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Doom Rooster posted:

Yikes. I never tried the Chipotle queso, but I would never have guessed it could be THAT bad.

Chipotle decided that sodium citrate wasn't "natural" enough so they basically tried to make queso without any emulsifier. The result is an oily gritty texture which makes it a complete waste of cheese.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
As a kid I thought I didn’t like guacamole because my mom is from Ohio and makes it without any flavor. Then my Mexican friend’s mom made us some and I knew what real guac was.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

Chipotle decided that sodium citrate wasn't "natural" enough so they basically tried to make queso without any emulsifier. The result is an oily gritty texture which makes it a complete waste of cheese.

They changed that a while ago.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Lupe is fine for what it is, which is a mid tier tex-mex chain serving casual dining. If you're starved for choice it'll be good/great. If you've got options you probably for sure got better and likely got worse.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Not sure why both of these are over-complicated, the best queso is just Velveta and Rotel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdL8bei1Tcg

But seriously, make a simple bechamel and add cheese, and optionally tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro. That's literally it.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

IT BURNS posted:

make a simple bechamel

Too many steps

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If you’re not willing to do the work, you don’t deserve the queso

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

las salsas de madres

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oil! posted:

Too many steps

how dare you slander the holy sauces, they even make nachos possible

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oil! posted:

Too many steps

Literally just get a block of cheese and a couple teaspoons of sodium citrate and you’re golden. gently caress a real bechamel

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Are y'all gentrifying queso

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

sir do you know what a pan and wooden spoon are

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

George H.W. oval office posted:

Literally just get a block of cheese and a couple teaspoons of sodium citrate and you’re golden. gently caress a real bechamel

Now this is a recipe I can follow

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I choose Chuys over Lupe in this chain restaurant hellscape of god forsaken suburbs because it’s way more affordable. Lupe is alright but it’s in the Five Guys pricing tier.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Democratic Pirate posted:

I choose Chuys over Lupe in this chain restaurant hellscape of god forsaken suburbs because it’s way more affordable. Lupe is alright but it’s in the Five Guys pricing tier.

Five guys is really cheap if you just go in, grab a bunch of peanuts, then leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Considering one of my favorite queso recipes is from this book and it's basically a Kerby Lane knock off, yes. Yes I am.