Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Castle and space are so good.

Pirates are OK.

Everything else is vOv.

This is botanicals erasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Since apparently we can speak these things into existence nowadays, I'd just like to get on record as saying that I wouldn't mind a tribute set for Aquazone, Ice Planet 2002, Exploriens, or Western, thank you very much Lego-senpai.

(The Lone Ranger sets bombed but I bought every single one of them and they're still not enough)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Ice Planet 2002
:rock:

I'd like to see a bigger Blacktron I set that uses modern techniques and pieces with the classic colour scheme and logo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Since apparently we can speak these things into existence nowadays, I'd just like to get on record as saying that I wouldn't mind a tribute set for Aquazone, Ice Planet 2002, Exploriens, or Western, thank you very much Lego-senpai.

(The Lone Ranger sets bombed but I bought every single one of them and they're still not enough)

I fully expect Explorers and Western tribute sets to come eventually. The others maybe not so much

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Cut to me in the back of the shareholders meeting chanting "aquasharks, aquasharks, aquasharks, AQUASHARKS, AQUASHARKS, AQUASHARKS!"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat this looks cool as hell

https://brickset.com/article/98061/homage-to-walt-disney-revealed!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Walt’s little Hitler stache is on point

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Does it also come with minifigs of all the artists he fired and blacklisted?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Aquazone, Exploriens,

gently caress yes let's gooooo
And also make it come it endless octagon pieces, not even in the set, just for me to build with

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

HootTheOwl posted:

endless octagon pieces

Lego UFC

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cojawfee posted:

Cut to me in the back of the shareholders meeting chanting "aquasharks, aquasharks, aquasharks, AQUASHARKS, AQUASHARKS, AQUASHARKS!"

happy hunting

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on how the timeline of them leaning into 80's theme nostalgia the 90's should become the trend in 5-10 years.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

Based on how the timeline of them leaning into 80's theme nostalgia the 90's should become the trend in 5-10 years.

But gen Z wants all my clothes now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That Walt figure is gonna be in demand. If it is only in that set, once it retires, it is gonna sell for as much as the set (at some point.)

Also, they used some really really tiny pieces to build that film reel.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I want more M Tron sets, but that'll never happen. A couple of kids had to swallow magnets and ruined it for the rest of us.

The camera is cool and all but..

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does it also come with minifigs of all the artists he fired and blacklisted?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Bambi and Dumbo figures are gonna be the big draw for a lot of people

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
what the hell pieces is that film strip made of?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

what the hell pieces is that film strip made of?

small ones.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
AI upscaling looks SO bad with lego. Would much rather see the blurry image. Also, yeah, the goat's return has been rumored/leaked since the beginning of the year.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Futanari Damacy posted:

They realized how nicely they could cash in on nostalgia for Space, Castle, and Pirates with limited run adult-priced sets. No complaints, personally.

Now they just need to bring back Paradisa.

Friends basically does that though.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Blurry pics of the upcoming Coruscant Guard Gunship leaked and it seems pretty disappointing. I'm going to hold out for the official pics, but I'm probably going to pass if it's mainly bright (regular) red instead of dark red like the pics seem to show.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

deoju posted:

I want more M Tron sets, but that'll never happen. A couple of kids had to swallow magnets and ruined it for the rest of us.

The camera is cool and all but..

Spyrius, Unitron, and Ice Planet have magnets. And Aquazone. Although it occurs to me you're probably talking about different magnets.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

They're all the same magnet piece https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=73092

I'd love a re-imagination of any of those classic themes!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hello goons, bought my brother the TIE Bomber from the Mall of America in Minnesota when I went to SGDQ last month. Also bought my niece Jurassic world Duplo but it turns out she already had it whoops well now she has extra pieces.

My brother wanted me to build it for him so I sat and knocked out the bomber in around two hours or so. Super clear instructions and I liked the little Vader model walking through the booklet to show how far along the build I was.

It's my 38th bday tomorrow and we're hitting up some arcades in Bristol so I will probably visit the Lego store at Cabot Circus. Have been eyeing up some of the sets from my childhood like pirates/space/castle so might walk away having made an irresponsible financial decision

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BaconCopter posted:

Blurry pics of the upcoming Coruscant Guard Gunship leaked and it seems pretty disappointing. I'm going to hold out for the official pics, but I'm probably going to pass if it's mainly bright (regular) red instead of dark red like the pics seem to show.

For something that would sell like hotcakes if done right Lego seem determined not to put any effort into a good Gunship set.

Everyone voted for a UCS set of it and we got that oversized monstrosity from a couple of years back.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Gunship set cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The "actual" size of the gunship means that they have to choose between minifig scale and UCS level of detail. It's roughly 1:25 which is the same scale as most UCS fighters.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Having not looked at the pics I’m assuming it’s like the clone wars / Jedi survivor coruscant guard gunship based on the name alone, which is different than the LAAT/i

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Was it July 2021 we got the Daily Bugle, then last Summer we got the Sanctum modular? Have I missed any news/leaks or are they not keeping the Marvel modular trend going at that same pace this year?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The next one is supposed to be Avengers Tower according to rumors/leaks

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wasn't there an X-Men mansion in the leaks a few months back? Like pictures of the actual thing and everything.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

thebardyspoon posted:

Wasn't there an X-Men mansion in the leaks a few months back? Like pictures of the actual thing and everything.

Supposedly those leaks where of proposed sets, only some of which are going ahead.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Started working on my YWOB Ferrari and got this far before I got to missing pieces

Two pieces. I'm still on the bags marked number one so I went through all the bags marked numbers two and three and those pieces aren't in there, nor are they in the instruction manual anywhere else. I needed a couple of bricks for my other project from BrickLink so I just found somebody that had the two Tecnic pieces I needed and the other ones. Order them on Monday and they still haven't even been packed up :-(

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
snikt

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i could give a poo poo about a lego hand, but the fact that they went with 97' intrigues me. give me a night of the sentinels set. i wore out my vhs copy as a kid

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
X-Men ‘97 is the upcoming Disney+ continuation of the 90s xmen cartoon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rivaling Black Panther bust as most pointless Marvel set

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Now build the rest of the Wolverine!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Eventually you will be able to build a whole superhero out of the art piece things. Sure, you might think nobody is interested in Ant-Man’s Left Thigh, but just wait until it’s the one set you don’t have in the collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Now build the rest of the Wolverine!

lego's first foot-based set is going to do fuckin Numbers, boy i tell you what