Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Nobara seemed pretty explicitly dead, except then Arata does some treatment and says “I treated her wounds but she’s probably dead” and “her chances of survival aren’t zero” which is a really weird thing to add and then not follow up.

The follow up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Flair posted:

The follow up:

Yeah that's nothing. It doesn't clarify things at all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Flair posted:

The follow up:

Yuji 'gets' that Nobara is going to be just fine, and he's clenching his fist because the realization that his classmate is going to live has given him the resolve to keep going on until Sukuna/Kenjaku are defeated.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Things to remember in that scene

1) It has only been a few days since the injury occurred, Megumi has only seen her on the verge of death and still barely hanging on.
2) He thinks she is going to die, and doesn't think her prognosis is good.
3) With the above, he doesn't want to give Yuji false hope when he himself does not believe she will make it.

Yuji interprets all that as her being dead even though it's not necessarily true, that's how the scene always came across to me

Until it is explicitly said in text she is dead, she isn't out.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Nobara popping up again and being all like "gently caress you, you pulled this poo poo on us too." would be amazing. Especially since there's a missing Sukuna finger so she could come in clutch..

That said, Gege could still just drop it entirely and I would be disappointed.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Asuron posted:

The reason he hasn’t brought her back yet is likely for some big reveal or cathartic moment.It hasn’t even been that long (in story and out) since she’s been out of the game, just chill.

Nobara hasn’t been in this series for like two years. The tankobon with her getting hosed up was released in January of 2021. It’s been about 100 chapters since she has shown up. So while it’s been like two weeks or something in the manga, it’s a pretty long time out here.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Nobara hasn’t been in this series for like two years. The tankobon with her getting hosed up was released in January of 2021. It’s been about 100 chapters since she has shown up. So while it’s been like two weeks or something in the manga, it’s a pretty long time out here.

Dunno man, I’ve been exposed to so many works of fiction where this is common, I really am not bothered by it?it’s fairly common I’ve found.

It’s not uncommon for characters fates like in One Piece for example, to go unknown for really long periods of time and then show up later for big moments. Maybe my tolerance of it is just skewed because of it, but two years in a manga really doesn’t feel like a big deal to me.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Not really an equivalent comparison when wano started up two months after jjk’s first chapter, it would be like sanji sitting out for 400 chapters straight

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Nobara's brain exploded so I expect she's just not in there even if she's alive.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nobara is still alive but she just pulled Kuwabara and peaced out cause she rather not deal with bullshit.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

Not really an equivalent comparison when wano started up two months after jjk’s first chapter, it would be like sanji sitting out for 400 chapters straight

We didn't see Zoro and half of the crew for 78 chapters during Wholecake Island, we didn't see Sanji and half the crew for half of Dressrosa with a fate unknown on how they got away, just to name a few examples of when you don't see main characters( not to mention the entire period of manga Post Sabaody-Marineford). Plus loads of side character who we just don't see for large gaps of time such as Shanks or Blackbeard.

Feels pretty equivalent?

We also have other works like Hunter x Hunter where the main character has been completely sidelined and many characters are offscreen for long periods of time before reappearing. Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's not uncommon in fictional works for stuff like this to happen and for it to happen over a long period of time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

skipmyseashells posted:

a welcome turn of events, for some

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i see, i see. nobara is gin

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Oxxidation posted:

i see, i see. nobara is gin

The true hero will turn up clutch in the end, just you all wait.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing she was going to come back but then Gege realized he had to end the manga soon due to health issues, so now she's in limbo

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Asuron posted:

We didn't see Zoro and half of the crew for 78 chapters during Wholecake Island, we didn't see Sanji and half the crew for half of Dressrosa with a fate unknown on how they got away, just to name a few examples of when you don't see main characters( not to mention the entire period of manga Post Sabaody-Marineford). Plus loads of side character who we just don't see for large gaps of time such as Shanks or Blackbeard.

Feels pretty equivalent?

We also have other works like Hunter x Hunter where the main character has been completely sidelined and many characters are offscreen for long periods of time before reappearing. Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's not uncommon in fictional works for stuff like this to happen and for it to happen over a long period of time.

I think the difference is none of those people had the back of their skull visible through what used to be their eye socket in their last appearances.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I think the difference is none of those people had the back of their skull visible through what used to be their eye socket in their last appearances.

The issue people had was with that it has been a long time since she appeared. I’m addressing that and I even gave examples of moments where a characters fate was unknown for long periods of time. Don’t know why you are trying for a gotcha moment even though that was pretty clear.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I don’t think you can really compare Nobara’s absence to Sanji or whoever cause JJK and One Piece are in different parts of their story. We’re in the final arc and Nobara’s nowhere to be seen. There’s set up for a super rad reveal with her cursed tech and sukuna’s last finger but it still sucks that she’d have such a tiny sliver of screentime compared to literally everyone else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think it would be less annoying if they didn't half rear end it. Either she is coming back or all the pussyfooting around giving actual stated confirmation sucks. I think all the annoyance is that the plot beats are super unsubtle so poo poo like 'megumi says nothing but Yuji assumes' feels like it is dragging it out.

Even if they were keeping her survival a secret It'd be more impactful if Megumi lied instead so at least people are surprised.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Did I miss a panel or something? IIRC the last time we actually see her, it's just like half of her face, and eye, exploding. I was always confused why people assumed she died just because it just looked to me like the skin on her face had exploded off which is pretty survivable all things considered.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's a big panel where she looks extremely dead.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fabricated posted:

gojo had one too, tbf

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Then I did miss a panel, guess that means I need to re-read the whole series. Oh no. :goleft:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/IDuckyx/status/1676337967118405635

Sick

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That OP is great.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Super uplifting opening. Until you remember that at least 5 people in it will be dead.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://twitter.com/lightning446/status/1676382959430152193

Vol 23 extras

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also rejoice, JJK isn’t ending in a year

https://twitter.com/blkitadori/status/1675853959917973506?s=46&t=RyGdzSVwXBPBPUdi0E6F4g

We’re definitely in the end game for sure. There’s so many open threads this makes me relieved.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tweet got deleted, but the OP is officially up on youtube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgKUcJKxIs

It's almost time

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

chapter 228 is out by the way

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7416/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-228

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah I'm thinking Gojo's toast. He's getting out-techniqued by Sukuna.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

hell of a time to catch up to the manga eh

LESSGOOOO GOJO

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that just weird shading or is Gojo's nose bleeding in that final panel?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that just weird shading or is Gojo's nose bleeding in that final panel?

He's almost certainly bleeding. I think Sukuna did something with Mahoraga. It's also possible that using RCT to heal the burn out is having a side effect.

Anyway agreed, I don't think Gojo has got this. Sukuna is just better at Jujutsu even if he does not have as strong a technique.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's almost certainly bleeding. I think Sukuna did something with Mahoraga. It's also possible that using RCT to heal the burn out is having a side effect.

Anyway agreed, I don't think Gojo has got this. Sukuna is just better at Jujutsu even if he does not have as strong a technique.

Could also be that Sukuna has been adapting to the six eyes with Mahoraga, meaning that Gojo can’t use the eyes to minimise his cursed energy usage. Whatever has happened, Sukuna has found a way to sue the adaptation power without the summon which means Gojo is almost certainly done here

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Asuron posted:

Could also be that Sukuna has been adapting to the six eyes with Mahoraga, meaning that Gojo can’t use the eyes to minimise his cursed energy usage. Whatever has happened, Sukuna has found a way to sue the adaptation power without the summon which means Gojo is almost certainly done here

He used the Adaption without the summon in the Yarozu fight as well. It's possible he has been hiding the Wheel somehow the whole fight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have faith that someone is gonna get punched

To the max

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
How many times have people thought that Gojo was done here just for him to not be done? I'm not gonna count him out until the manga's over at this point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

where are we in this meme currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
gojo should be able to see the dharmachakra unless hiding it in your shadow renders it undetectable or something. But he also shouldn't have any idea that using Makora this way is possible since it's stated that no previous user has ever exorcised Makora.