Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I love how the title screen for Tammy and the T-Rex is Tanny and the T-Rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Never in my life have I ever met a Tanny but I want to believe it was a genuine name for the character at some point and not just a typo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Deadite posted:

I love how the title screen for Tammy and the T-Rex is Tanny and the T-Rex

Actually, Tanny & the Teenage T-Rex

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

The only way you're getting a good dinosaur movie besides Jurassic Park is if you count Godzilla and I don't think it's appropriate to act that god drat desperate for a dinosaur movie win

dinos always look stupid outside of jurassic park, that franchise is carrying 165 million years of life on earth on its back

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Picard season 3 starts a bright shining high point of fun reunions and good pacing for a show that is terrible.
Then the rest of the stupid loving season happens

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It really should've been within their means for 65 to at least be a stupid fun movie or a movie that's fun to laugh at. It's so bland and empty.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wolfsheim posted:

excuse me???

Fast (and the T-re)X

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Maxwell Lord posted:

I realize that not every dinosaur movie can be Jurassic Park but it can’t be that difficult to make one that’s halfway decent

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The title is the only thing that movie has going for it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

The title is the only thing that movie has going for it.

Yeah I refused to watch it because I know it's awful but I love the title

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

As jokey low-rent movies go you could do a lot worse than Velocipastor, I feel bad that movies like these have to compete with Asylum shovelmovies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I never in my life want to watch a movie that is intentionally bad.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Name Change posted:

As jokey low-rent movies go you could do a lot worse than Velocipastor, I feel bad that movies like these have to compete with Asylum shovelmovies.

Although not a movie, Z Nation was great.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Collateral posted:

Although not a movie, Z Nation was great.

Z Nation was so fun, a zombie show that had a sense of humor about itself and wasn't always grim like everything in the Walking Dead universe.

Unfortunately Black Summer decided it needed to copy Walking Dead's grimness. I was looking forward to more Z Nation but that tonal shift was a letdown

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The bleak and emotional genocide aftermath of Black Summer is something that the Walking Dead's soap opera stopped even aspiring to. The Walking Dead is only bleak if you are engaged with doctor highlander. The long take action sequences in Black Summer are also a full tier above.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Black Summer is so good. I did get whiplash going from z nation to black summer tho lol

Name Change posted:

The bleak and emotional genocide aftermath of Black Summer is something that the Walking Dead's soap opera stopped even aspiring to. The Walking Dead is only bleak if you are engaged with doctor highlander. The long take action sequences in Black Summer are also a full tier above.

John Hyams directed a bunch of episodes which explains why the action is so good. Dude knows how to shoot brutal action

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 9, 2023

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My partner goes out of her way to find and watch every D-level random horror movie and 65 was still by far the stupidest thing I've seen all year

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Black Summer has its goofy elements, like the kids in the booby trapped school.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia expires from Hulu in 9 days. It's all pretty good, but interviews with old heads, growers and chemists are the highlights.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I will not stand for this Carnosaur erasure.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I'm A Virgo was great and bizarre and having come from the same dude responsible for Sorry to Bother You, it's similarly wacky and allegorical at the same time. Sometimes I get overly distracted just looking for the allegory, but most of the time it's just enjoyable to take at face value.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Glad to hear it found a home, last I heard about it ot was set to premier in March on FX but then nothing.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

ruddiger posted:

I will not stand for this The Land Before Time erasure.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Out-Laws was almost as stupid as 65 but was at least funny and had a cast that seemed like they were enjoying themselves

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

catching up on beavis and butthead and the cleaning up the house montage made me laugh so hard

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

A MIRACLE posted:

catching up on beavis and butthead and the cleaning up the house montage made me laugh so hard

The new episodes are so loving good. Judge hasn’t lost a step at all.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

The new episodes are so loving good. Judge hasn’t lost a step at all.

Hard agree. B&B Do the Universe really fell flat for me so I wasn't sure what to expect; luckily the new seasons have been fantastic. Sad that 2 is over already

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

flesh dance posted:

Hard agree. B&B Do the Universe really fell flat for me so I wasn't sure what to expect; luckily the new seasons have been fantastic. Sad that 2 is over already

It definitely was not as good as the new eps. I think he shouldn't have bothered trying to explain how Beavis and Butthead arrive in the year 2022 or whatever it was. That doesn't loving matter. B&B are however old they need to be for the story to be funny. It's whatever year it needs to be. No one cares.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only gripe I have with the new B&B episodes is that they go way too easy on the music videos. That was always my favorite part of the old show but the new ones are super tame, like they aren't allowed to insult them too much or something.

Otherwise it's great though. Some of the tik tok riffs were really good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

The only gripe I have with the new B&B episodes is that they go way too easy on the music videos. That was always my favorite part of the old show but the new ones are super tame, like they aren't allowed to insult them too much or something.

Otherwise it's great though. Some of the tik tok riffs were really good.

I'm sure that's 100% true. They have to get people to sign off now so I'm sure there's lots of "we'll make fun of each other a lot but take it easy on you"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I thought season 1 of the new B&B was a lot better than this season.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Here to add a tally to I'm A Virgo.

Its really good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Black Summer has its goofy elements, like the kids in the booby trapped school.

Yeah it has some mild silly elements and you can sometimes catch areas where they trimmed budget.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I'm usually not a fan of shows doing the whole "this entire episode will be a flashback with completely different actors" thing but the kid that plays little Jesse Gemstone really does a fantastic Danny McBride impression

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Righteous Gemstones is such a joy. And yeah all the kid actors in the flashback eps are perfect.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Finished out Peacock's MST3K collection. Not a minute too soon, this app is probably the worst performing on the PS4, HBO is a dream compared to this.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

thiccabod posted:

I'm usually not a fan of shows doing the whole "this entire episode will be a flashback with completely different actors" thing but the kid that plays little Jesse Gemstone really does a fantastic Danny McBride impression

I was half convinced it was a dub lol

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

thiccabod posted:

That kid is way too powerful. He nails the cadence and mannerisms.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Inspector Hound posted:

Finished out Peacock's MST3K collection. Not a minute too soon, this app is probably the worst performing on the PS4, HBO is a dream compared to this.

Performs the worst on PS4 and Xbox One, performance drastically improves on PS5.

Source: Insider knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

you know, I didn't love glass onion but this almost redeems it