Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/Secret_Doves/status/1678787896088711168?s=20
https://twitter.com/Secret_Doves/status/1678801556613865472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Asa is the absolute greatest, holy poo poo lmao

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

I still don't get it, but I'm not worried about it. Show me some cool poo poo fujimoto

Famine is tricking War because War is an idiot.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I get that part, but like the fake chainsaw man, the fake real chainsaw man, and the real chainsaw man and what that all means is unclear to me. I think it's supposed to be unclear, granted, but I don't even remember which one is which.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

yum posted:

Pochita is the black csm, that photo Fami has was taken from his fight against the hybrids in part 1.

edit: From chapter 83 of the coloured version

Ok then I guess there are 4 chainsaw man’s
Chainsaw man (Denji)
Second chainsaw man (???)
imposter chainsaw man (random guy)
Black chainsaw man (pochita)

Jfc I love this series

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I also feel like the times where the information on the new chainsaw men was disseminated to denji/asa/the viewer, the person relaying it was also potentially untrustworthy, so I haevn't put too much stock into anyone's explanation yet.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Are Fami and Yoshida actively working together now then? Since they are both contributing to Operation Get Denji To Sit On His rear end. The fake chainsaw man on TV even looks like it could possibly be Yoshida to me.

And I guess the next question is when does one of them inevitably backstab the other

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I only care about one thing

To an outside observer was it just Asa sitting alone in the kitchen, struggling while eating plain bread slices

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ARE THERE ANY OTHER CHAINSAW MEN I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MorningMoon posted:

ARE THERE ANY OTHER CHAINSAW MEN I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

Pochita: "Meow"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh my god, I think Asa + Yoru together might be legit dumber than Denji. :allears:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Not even the embodiment of famine is eating plain white-rear end bread.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

There are going to be more Chainsaw Men in this comic than Gokus in Dragon Ball FighterZ

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Scholtz posted:

There are going to be more Chainsaw Men in this comic than Gokus in Dragon Ball FighterZ

How many were there

American Gods had like half a dozen Jesuses

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im so glad asa is our protagonist now

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oh my god, I think Asa + Yoru together might be legit dumber than Denji. :allears:

They are sharing the same brain cell after all.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Steve Yun posted:

How many were there

American Gods had like half a dozen Jesuses

True Gokus:
Goku
Goku (GT)
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Ultra Instinct Goku

Fusions:
SS4 Gogeta
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito

Technicalities:
Cell
Fused Zamasu
Goku Black

Looks just like Goku:
Bardock

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Scholtz posted:

Looks just like Goku:
Bardock

More than anything else in DBZ, the "character [x] looks exactly like character [y] down to the goofy hairstyle" thing drives me bonkers. I get same-face, but same-hair is just egregious.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Japanese fiction, rhetoric, page design, poetry, and cinema often follow a structure called kishoutenketsu, in which you have an introduction (Ki), development from that introduction (Shou), a twist, a swerve, or a turn, where something new is presented that recontextualizes everything before it, probably makes you go "what in the heck???" (Ten), then a resolution that integrates the twist into the rest of the narrative (Ketsu).

It's rare to read a series where every page is a Ten.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

what color is the fake chainsaw man

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I enjoy Fami just constantly stealing food.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Das Boo posted:

More than anything else in DBZ, the "character [x] looks exactly like character [y] down to the goofy hairstyle" thing drives me bonkers. I get same-face, but same-hair is just egregious.

The hair would make more sense than the face being honest. Sayians hair doesn't grow once they're adults so the idea that you could inherit a hair style feels way more likely than "everyone inherits their fathers face"

I am now actively rooting for Asa and Denji to get together they're both so hopelessly dumb it just might work.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Sindai posted:

I enjoy Fami just constantly stealing food.

Fami is what Makima would have been if she had way simpler life goals.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Chainsaws Man

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I am now actively rooting for Asa and Denji to get together they're both so hopelessly dumb it just might work.

The problem is they've got two Horsemen gunning against them (plus whatever the gently caress Fami is doing) so it's going to take a miracle.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/keibleh/status/1678802270232911873

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scholtz posted:

True Gokus:
Goku
Goku (GT)
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Ultra Instinct Goku

Fusions:
SS4 Gogeta
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito

Technicalities:
Cell
Fused Zamasu
Goku Black

Looks just like Goku:
Bardock

this post is turles erasure

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the CSM world is just irrecoverably hosed, the only things that get stronger are things people fear, there's no entity yet that gets stronger from faith and belief

so if nostradomus's prophecy will come true in the chainsaw man world, what form will it take

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kwyndig posted:

The problem is they've got two Horsemen gunning against them (plus whatever the gently caress Fami is doing) so it's going to take a miracle.

He out dumbed a horseman before I don't think that would stop Denji from trying

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I realize that Asa just had a training montage off screen. she should be a much more capable fighter

I'm also wondering why we still haven't heard from Kishibe

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Might? Denji looks like an idiot, but he's surprisingly clever under pressure despite working from basically 0 education. (Skipping straight to high school and keeping a passing grade is an impressive feat for anyone).

Meanwhile, Asa looks like she's intelligent at first glance, with Yoru being outright intimidating, but the more you poke, the more of dumbasses they both turn out to be.

Definitely don't trust Fami, but more than that, this makes me pretty sure that the real Fakesaw isn't on Fami's side. All of his or her actions have been undermining Famine and the Justice Devil (probably one and the same).

Which is good, because Denji's out of play for the moment and Asa's fallen hook line and sinker. Someone's got to be keeping Famine from just accomplishing all her goals.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

Yoru will also fall in love with Denji/Red-CSM, evening the odds while further complicating Asa's life

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Inside you there are two girls fighting over a chainsaw man.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
um actually my girls are fighting over miss falling <3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

UP AND ADAM posted:

I get that part, but like the fake chainsaw man, the fake real chainsaw man, and the real chainsaw man and what that all means is unclear to me. I think it's supposed to be unclear, granted, but I don't even remember which one is which.

"Black Chainsawman" is the version with Pochita in the driver seat that we saw back in the last arc of part 1, the one that was in control when it was terrorizing Kobeni at work and fought the weapon hybrids. We can infer that it's what the actual Chainsaw Devil looked like, and therefore is the one that actually has the whole concept eating power.

The obvious endgame here that Famie is not spelling out is separating Denji and Pochita - Asa gets Denji safe as promised, and Yoru gets to kill Pochita to get nuclear weapons back.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is it even possible to safely separate the parts of a hybrid? if anyone ever knew, they probably don't any more after pochita ate the name and whatever else.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Separation Devil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

is it even possible to safely separate the parts of a hybrid? if anyone ever knew, they probably don't any more after pochita ate the name and whatever else.

No, and even if it was Denji would die immediately from his heart condition.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/_osulan/status/1678995287136665600?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, and even if it was Denji would die immediately from his heart condition.

I wonder if Denji's Blood Anime Disease is cured or just kept at bay