Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

anime was right posted:

yamato has kenergy. pass it on.

kenergy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I think Street Fighter is big again?

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

He's a jazz musician that looks a lot like Weird Al

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001
Early scans: https://opscans.com/1822-2/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

whoa

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
garp is so cool, just started punching ships without any pussy poo poo like haki until he could cave them in, no wonder he’s so tough.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0ynHkkS.mp4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
these scans are so lovely

just how i like them :getin:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
great chapter

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

ah yea that's the good poo poo. That was a long 5 weeks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Good chapter. Garp stocks are up. Love to see it

My one minor gripe:

I need that mini-flashback to actually go somewhere. It was cute, seeing the hard work Aoikiji did to get as strong as he is is nice, but honestly its not that much new info. I'm just tired of these mini-flashbacks, I'm ready to sink into a multi-chapter character defining flashback for these characters.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

oh gently caress, Garp is throwing up death flags :ohdear:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Anyone have another link? The site with the lovely scans must be getting hammered cos it won't load for me.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Marluxia posted:

oh gently caress, Garp is throwing up death flags :ohdear:

Don't worry, Shiryuu's nanomachine injection will get him through this.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Good ch.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

TCB haven't even posted 'Starting' yet :(

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

:popeye:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Anyone have another link? The site with the lovely scans must be getting hammered cos it won't load for me.

Either that or the amount of ads on the site holy poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Good chapter and I've had a heck of a few weeks involving surgery too so very nice to have this

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So next week (current week spoilers) is buddha gonna come bail everyone out?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good ch

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
garp got smoked

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

garp got smoked
He was soloing pretty much every BB pirate apart from the man himself while having to protect the navy's top-tier jobbers, cut the guy some slack

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

He was soloing pretty much every BB pirate apart from the man himself while having to protect the navy's top-tier jobbers, cut the guy some slack

if anything Koby is the one with the lovely showing here, he is supposed to be Luffy's rival and a rising hero of the marines and he is not really pulling his weight and holding Garp back big time

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Cat Machine posted:

there are no rules in battles with pirates, something his much more actualized grandson knows perfectly well. alls fair

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Absolutely the least important thing that's happened in this chapter, but, pending the official translation, it seems like the text is confirming that Dragon is Garp's son rather than the two being family by marriage.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cat Machine posted:

He even appeared to knock out Kuzan with that final attack.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

drat, what a chapter.

I feel like after years of haki shenanigans, Oda wanted to emphasize that this is a world where people can be just stupidly cartoonishly strong. But what's most surprising to me is how it's setting up Kuzan. I'm pretty sure almost everything we've seen from him in fights has been his ridiculous devil fruit ability. Now we know the guy can throw a punch, too.

Guy A. Person posted:

if anything Koby is the one with the lovely showing here, he is supposed to be Luffy's rival and a rising hero of the marines and he is not really pulling his weight and holding Garp back big time
I feel like this is Koby's nadir from which he will rebound to do whatever cool thing he'll do by the end of the manga. Not just a generic need to get stronger, but a specific failure he has to overcome.

He's a rising hero and aspires to reach Luffy's level, but he's been pretty far behind since the start of the manga. If he's only now getting his Sabaody moment, he's still got the potential to get his act together and become the hero of the Navy Garp sees in him.

Edit: And on reread, they're setting up Koby to do something to rescue the ship from Pizzaro's crazy attack, maybe. Who knows. He might end up looking cool even in this encounter.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cat Machine posted:

TCB haven't even posted 'Starting' yet :(

Maybe they also need eye surgery

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1679282155208294401

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Oh man it's almost over. It got so bad that Geno fans were eatin' better than us!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Huh, Garp has a bounty equivalent to Luffy's.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

Huh, Garp has a bounty equivalent to Luffy's.

I do want to know where the gently caress Cross Guild was pulling their bounty money from unless Buggy had been absolutely raking it with his Mercenaries before becoming an Emperor

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Plutonis posted:

I do want to know where the gently caress Cross Guild was pulling their bounty money from unless Buggy had been absolutely raking it with his Mercenaries before becoming an Emperor

I imagine there's just not enough money, actually. That the math's there for most payouts of the lower level, but they don't expect more than like 2 kills on the level of that old cool guy that one villager got. If someone tried to cash in Garp, Buggy would probably start sobbing internally because he's totally gonna get caught on his racket by someone who was able to kill Garp

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Crocodile is the money maker in this organization with all sorts of underground activities, especially since Doflamingo was taken out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

Crocodile is the money maker in this organization with all sorts of underground activities, especially since Doflamingo was taken out.

He's been out of jail for two and a half years, and Doflamingo was taken out in what was probably a month ago chronologically!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1679346130503577600

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7425/one-piece-chapter-1087

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Garp's gonna beat em all.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I can feel it in my bones, Garp is going to grab that arm and throw the whole island over his shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

junan_paalla posted:

I can feel it in my bones, Garp is going to grab that arm and throw the whole island over his shoulder

Judo throwing an entire island would be a Garp move