Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Put a smaller ‘69 Dodge A100 inside. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Carbohydrates posted:

oh hell yeah swap the 4x4 dish at the top for the 3x3 dish at the bottom tho

ANYWAY I'm making a van because I've never made a van, and I haven't made a sand blue car yet either! It's a '69 Dodge A100.

The question is, what should it be hauling in the back? It's wide open back there, and though it would be hard to see through the windows, it might be fun to have some kind of easter egg back there for shows and events (so please don't recommend "nazi cocaine" for instance). Space is about 4 x 6 studs by 9 plates tall.

Make it a camper van? Bedroll, portable grill, little camp toilet, that kind of thing?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Make it a pickup version. And put surfboards in it or something.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

boxen posted:

Looks awesome, but for a 1969 van I'd have it in a more vibrant color (or colors), maybe a bright green or something. Sand blue is kinda pretty though.
Okay, so here's every possible color that isn't a color I've already used for a 6W vehicle.

Sand Blue / Tan / Dark Orange / Green / Medium Nougat

Still favoring sand blue, but green does look fun.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Green

With this strapped on top and minifig sized accessories in the back

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I found the Viking ship and serpent set at Walmart today for 60 bucks on clearance :woop: I’m super stoked because I’ve been wanting it for a hot minute and thought all the clearanced stuff was gone already

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

whoops, good call. don't smoke n build fellas

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's how I built my first Houses of the World and I don't remember much about building it. I could take it apart and build it again, probably, lol.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

DamnitGannet posted:

I found the Viking ship and serpent set at Walmart today for 60 bucks on clearance :woop: I’m super stoked because I’ve been wanting it for a hot minute and thought all the clearanced stuff was gone already

I went to Walmart today, and unfortunately the only stuff they had on clearance was the Story Build stuff (which is strangely expensive) and some Friends sets. No Viking ship to be seen.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Okay, so here's every possible color that isn't a color I've already used for a 6W vehicle.

Sand Blue / Tan / Dark Orange / Green / Medium Nougat

Still favoring sand blue, but green does look fun.

My vote is for the sand blue.

Seconding the little camper trailer idea.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

ANYWAY I'm making a van because I've never made a van, and I haven't made a sand blue car yet either! It's a '69 Dodge A100.

The question is, what should it be hauling in the back? It's wide open back there, and though it would be hard to see through the windows, it might be fun to have some kind of easter egg back there for shows and events (so please don't recommend "nazi cocaine" for instance). Space is about 4 x 6 studs by 9 plates tall.

a bongPit smoker

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Carbohydrates posted:

A random assortment of 12-20 instruments and a single blown-out speaker.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
If anyone comes across more of those viking ships for $60 I'm definitely interested in one. I've been checking the 2 stores on my sales route and haven't even seen a tag for them.

The one had a tag for the land speeder at $168 but I didn't see anymore. Bunch of quidditch polys for $2 but no interest in them

Also lol at that throne room for $100. JFC

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
reading this thread has been bad for my bank balance...

getting the tallneck with a 25% discount makes up for barracuda bay at 2x rrp right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Duvel posted:

Also lol at that throne room for $100. JFC

The throne room is very over priced so I hope I can score it for closer to $70 on a Wal Mart rollback or something. It's pretty awesome looking imo. All of those dioramas are overpriced. it's annoying and feels kind of exploitative on Legos part

That said, I think people are looking at the thematic content of the set more than the actual bulk of it. The last throne room was $100 and people seemed ok with the price. Really they are about the same size

I was talking to a friend who couldn't believe it was $100 when the last one "was so much bigger" but I think it just gives the impression it is cause there's much more going on while the diorama goes for proper minifig scale.

The 2021 one did have more minifigures though. And I'm pretty sure the previous version from like 2015 was $80 and almost identical.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ZyrKx posted:

getting the tallneck with a 25% discount makes up for barracuda bay at 2x rrp right?

Seeing that PoBB is the goat, 2x rrp is a good deal. The price is only going to climb.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

SkeletonHero posted:

A random assortment of 12-20 instruments and a single blown-out speaker.
Hmmm, maybe something more like:

HootTheOwl posted:

a bongPit smoker
Ooh, that's a fun idea!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
God drat Carb, save some pussy for the rest of us.

Seriously, amazing as always

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now I am waiting for Carbs LEGO pussy.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Those are pretty rad, Carbs.

Another suggestion: some sort of dirt bike / mountain bike hauler. Put the bike, a tool box, maybe a helmet in the back

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Foung a BNIB PoBB for $300 in my generalish area. I'm tempted to grab it. Only $80 over retail. CA tax made it $220.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Hmmm, maybe something more like:

Ooh, that's a fun idea!

That came out really well.

I'm still going to joke it looks like a choo choo but drat it really is nice especially when you open it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Van is win. Needs a bale of weed stashed in the back.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Well hey https://archive.org/details/lego-set-instructions

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I mean, you can also just get them from lego. https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
lol just lol if you use instructions

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ZyrKx posted:

:same:

Also I think this might be fake??

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Cojawfee posted:

I mean, you can also just get them from lego. https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/

not for most older sets

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

gschmidl posted:

:same:

Also I think this might be fake??

Now it's a masterpiece

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

Arcella posted:

not for most older sets

It's just an upload of all the instructions from the Lego site. I had hoped it would have decent scans of my childhood sets but nope.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Some decent sales on Lego.com. Everything people thought was expensive and overpriced, for some reason.

The Atari 2600 is 20% off.

Hulkbuster and foosball is 30% off.

Black Panther bust is 40%.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Started on Barracuda Bay tonight and good lord this is a chunky build

Excitingly so

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

A goon did me a kindness when I hit some rocky straights this week, so thank you so much to them

No thank you to the person who decided that they didn’t want to send me the Creator creature sets that I ended up ordering and instead sent me a microSD card. I think I got someone else’s order. Anyway, Amazon is taking care of it, so w/e. I’m not gonna fuss and will instead lol. This is what I get for taking several days to decide what set to get

but my brother did score me the 90 Years Of Play Classic box with the micro builds from Walmart when it was $25, so that was very nice of him.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't believe Carbs made the Bang Bus!

Excellent work as always.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bought a second Countach so that I could build this Lotus. Will try to turn it into a submarine at some point.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 16, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Took all weekend and my hands hurt but we got there

Both fun builds, some fiddly parts but overall enjoyable and they make great display pieces

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Took all weekend and my hands hurt but we got there

I'm being a creepy weirdo, but I got the exact same door, floor and window sill. This is not useful information but I had to share.

More on topic, I'm loving the pirate Lego. What's the last large ship they released?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Imperial flagship I think. There was also a pirates 3 brick bounty or something like that. And lego movie sea cow.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Dreamzzz line has a crazy shark monster ship.

There's a 3-in-1 Pirate Ship too that's pretty ok depending on how you feel about fabric sails vs brick sails.
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Building-Children-Creative-Adventures/dp/B0858K44NP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Marvel CMF Series 2 pic leaked. These will be the first CMF series in boxes, RIP buying only what you want at a retail store unless you're picking from a fresh box and they're always sorted the same (like previous CMF series). Another line that only makes sense to buy a complete set off eBay. At least the price is staying the same.