Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Filthy Tom would be a solid surprise replacement. Would be a nice make-good from Tony to him too. Only thing that would be a little awkward is the NKOTB is now basically banned in the Khaniverse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Filthy Tom would be a solid surprise replacement. Would be a nice make-good from Tony to him too. Only thing that would be a little awkward is the NKOTB is now basically banned in the Khaniverse?

Filthy Tom has improved a lot in the last few years but him as the replacement main event challenger on the ROH PPV would make me not want to bother to drive down to Jersey. Going from Mark Briscoe to a New Japan Strong mid carder is such a downgrade.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Mark is the heart of RoH, there's literally nobody that could replace him in spirit

I'm sure TK will figure out something but it sucks hard

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's an off-chance he might try and book Kota to stay to the weekend?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
one of the Bucks will pin Claudio in Blood and Guts and Tony will use that to finally give us all the Matt Jackson singles PPV main event the world has been clamoring for and we all deserve

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm sure Tony has a private jet, go pick up Eddie and then fly him back

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

They should just lean into this being a Mystery Vortex style show cause lol come on Tony promote literally anything for ROH

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"it'll sell on the back of Mark vs Claudio." Is 100% what he thought.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He was right :smith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

"it'll sell on the back of Mark vs Claudio." Is 100% what he thought.

Come on, it's not like the last 4 PPVs were all sold as one match show- oh

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

He got me and five friends but that was more about finding out it was a train ride away than who was in the main.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that ROH shows are thrown together last minute or promoted on one match is really silly.

DBD's top two promoted matches were Joe vs Lethal and Briscoes vs FTR both of which were promoted for weeks, Joe vs Lethal having a lot of AEW TV build.

Final Battle's top two matches were Jericho vs Claudio which had months of build on AEW TV and Briscoes vs FTR which was announced last minute.

SCOH had three matches which were promoted heavily for weeks in Athena vs Yuka, Claudio vs Kingston and Joe vs Mark.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suzuki isn't in the G1 and I could see being a big enough name to fill in

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know it doesn't make a ton of sense in story and isn't exactly marquee but I want a Stu/Claudio 1v1 match so bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Suzuki isn't in the G1 and I could see being a big enough name to fill in

He's not the most exciting choice because he does so many shindies that the Minoru Suzuki dream match doesn't mean as much, but it's definitely a safe choice for someone with star power. Would be fun if they did some comedy.

But the ideal would be Hiromu though. He's not in the G1 so unless he has some outside date he's perfect. He has the fan base, he's a great style match for Claudio and I think they'd be ok with him losing to a heavyweight champion. Especially if Tony had Yuta go back and return the job in a junior title match or something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He's not the most exciting choice because he does so many shindies that the Minoru Suzuki dream match doesn't mean as much, but it's definitely a safe choice for someone with star power. Would be fun if they did some comedy.

But the ideal would be Hiromu though. He's not in the G1 so unless he has some outside date he's perfect. He has the fan base, he's a great style match for Claudio and I think they'd be ok with him losing to a heavyweight champion. Especially if Tony had Yuta go back and return the job in a junior title match or something.

Yeah Hiromu actually would be the best cause and they can do Yuta/Hiromu as the main event of the All JR showcase too

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

The idea that ROH shows are thrown together last minute or promoted on one match is really silly.

DBD's top two promoted matches were Joe vs Lethal and Briscoes vs FTR both of which were promoted for weeks, Joe vs Lethal having a lot of AEW TV build.

Final Battle's top two matches were Jericho vs Claudio which had months of build on AEW TV and Briscoes vs FTR which was announced last minute.

SCOH had three matches which were promoted heavily for weeks in Athena vs Yuka, Claudio vs Kingston and Joe vs Mark.

To be fair, I think Athena/Yuka WAS officially announced last minute but everyone assumed it was happening because seeds were planted like a month before the show. I remember people on twitter complaining about it not being announced earlier when we all knew it was going to happen anyway.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

But seriously then what the gently caress is up with this show? Just a clear afterthought to AEW poo poo?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

weekly font posted:

But seriously then what the gently caress is up with this show? Just a clear afterthought to AEW poo poo?

A lot of injuries, both announced and unannounced, have hosed with the planned card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Just because stuff hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not happening or an afterthought. They have been building Garcia/Shibata for months and Willow/Athena is pretty clearly waiting for an announcement too.The only thing that I'm surprised got no build is the tag titles.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1680359584865607680?t=DKoubiHrLD60WPfEXkLs9Q&s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Just because stuff hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not happening or an afterthought. They have been building Garcia/Shibata for months and Willow/Athena is pretty clearly waiting for an announcement too.The only thing that I'm surprised got no build is the tag titles.

i thought i read that bill and moriarty addressed going after the lucha bros?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i thought i read that bill and moriarty addressed going after the lucha bros?

If that is true that rules. I didn't get to see Thursday's show yet. (But even if they've address it the champions have been kind of absent from the build.)

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:stare:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1680441882600435712

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

weekly font posted:

He got me and five friends but that was more about finding out it was a train ride away than who was in the main.

see you there weekly font announcement

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AthenaPalmer_FG/status/1680775530507825152?t=CWKlyVm3QXH_iIJyAw9EpQ&s=19

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
:neckbeard:

Athena's reign has been magnificent but Willow is absolutely the right person to take the belt off of her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Athena should absolutely be next in line to be Women's champ after Jamie wins it back

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/AthenaPalmer_FG/status/1680746882576809986?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very rude of Tony to ignore Athena's mum :mad:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This PPV has been a big skip for me so far because it just hasn't been built much and doesn't feel like there's a lot of excitement around it, but this might be the match that gets me to buy it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was sold on the potential Dalton Castle/Samoa Joe match.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Garcia v Shibata should own

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Move Athena into a program with Kris asap

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

weekly font posted:

This is kind of my assumption. Athena drops the ROH, maybe beats whatever babyface who will eventually dethrone Toni, loses to Stat, then comes back to challenge the babyface she beat to win the World Title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

i agree, kris statlander should make a play for the roh womens title.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1681139585685020672?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

What the gently caress Tony where is Big Bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MassRafTer posted:

What the gently caress Tony where is Big Bill?

Fighting Claudio as an emergency fill-in for the World Title?