Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just presume that kind of house happens when you're sick of seeing who your partner is bringing in to bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Kalli posted:

I just presume that kind of house happens when you're sick of seeing who your partner is bringing in to bang.

Its just two houses side by side connected by a tunnel. Its not even that uncommon among the rich. Why walk outside to visit your rich relative when you can just use an overly constructed pathway?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I visited a connected light house last year

https://www.maine.gov/dmr/programs/education-division/burnt-island-lighthouse

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

So I knew his babysitter from a friend of a friend back in like 2008.

Elizabeth was ill with the cancer that would eventually kill her.

John would be in a different wing of the house on a stair master for like four hours a day and never saw his kids.

At one point the friend of a friend brought her bf over and the kids went up to him asking if he was their dad.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sash! posted:

That just looks like a bigger New England connected farm, but I am vexed that the barn appears to have a visitors center attached to it

The barn looking thing is a basketball court, so that explains the parking area

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Sickening posted:

Its just two houses side by side connected by a tunnel. Its not even that uncommon among the rich. Why walk outside to visit your rich relative when you can just use an overly constructed pathway?

Could be a permitting thing. It can be a lot tougher to get permission for a new standalone structure but with that it’s just an ‘extension’ of the primary house.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Tom Brady is so magnanimous that he decided to put his legendary clothing on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/75a4024...0247_dt_sl14_42

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
those colors loving suck

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

he’s no dan flashes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, consider the neighbors you'd have if you moved there. Paparazzi everywhere and millionaires throwing trash on your lawn.

Even if it is in the Bahamas, not Florida. That was my mistake.
I missed both of your earlier comments that were based on.. a clear lack of knowledge of bakers bay.

It’s famous for being a massive playground for celebrities and it’s famous for being paparazzi free. Last time I was there years ago, Reese Witherspoon was literally chilling with her son at the clubhouse listening to music on some sort of laptop. Nobody bugged her. Paparazzi aren’t allowed on the island. Tourists aren’t really allowed on the island.

Now tell me about your experience there.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 19, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao, didn't quite get that biting commentary right the first time but totally nailed it after thinking about it for 5 min.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Amy Pole Her posted:

I missed both of your earlier comments that were based on.. a clear lack of knowledge of bakers bay.

It’s famous for being a massive playground for celebrities and it’s famous for being paparazzi free. Last time I was there years ago, Reese Witherspoon was literally chilling with her son at the clubhouse listening to music on some sort of laptop. Nobody bugged her. Paparazzi aren’t allowed on the island. Tourists aren’t really allowed on the island.

Now tell me about your experience there.

I made it all up you strange person.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not only are there unauthorized candid photographs of celebrities from that location, but check this out

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
tomb rady

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I made it all up you strange person.

Ah so like most of your points. Got it. My mistake!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

You don’t have to be mad about posting friend.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Amy Pole Her posted:

well no, the core thrust of their post is correct: florida bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Amy Pole Her posted:

You are being profoundly weird about a joke.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Look ultimately all I’m saying is don’t you dare besmirch the good name of Bakers Bay

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Amy Pole Her posted:

Look ultimately all I’m saying is don’t you dare besmirch the good name of Bakers Bay

Do they pay you for this or something?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Amy Pole Her posted:

google's got my back

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

baker's bayfield

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

opulence

i has it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Reese Witherspoon deserves your respect dammit

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

*nods*

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Last time I was in Baker's Bay Josh Allen was openly impregnating everyone's wives and there wasn't a paparazzo in sight.

Nov 6, 2002

I went to Bakers Bay once and I saw JFK and he told me vaccines aren't real.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dr_Strangelove posted:

opulence

i has it

You ever watching My Lottery Dream Home and wish this guy was the host instead?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

vaccines aren't real.

This is like 99% of the Bahamas tbh

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I went there and saw Tupac and he let me listen to a track from his next album.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Isn't he hosting a party where he is requiring you to be vaxxed?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sickening posted:

Isn't he hosting a party where he is requiring you to be vaxxed?

J..John F Kennedy?

Nov 6, 2002

Nervous posted:

I went there and saw Tupac and he let me listen to a track from his next album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9r6xvGK1M

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sash! posted:

You ever watching My Lottery Dream Home and wish this guy was the host instead?

I don’t watch it, but I would watch drat near anything that guy hosted

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Fess up. Who registered this?

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/to..._id=GoDaddy_DLS

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Seems like no one did since it’s for sale

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/06/...42d1505efb920a0

quote:

As the FTX cryptocurrency exchange imploded last fall, Tom Brady, the seven-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, made an urgent phone call.

He dialed Sina Nader, FTX’s head of partnerships. The exchange’s staff was in the middle of a crisis meeting with its beleaguered founder, Sam Bankman-Fried. Mr. Nader couldn’t answer. “I never would’ve expected to decline a call from Tom Brady,” he said.

Mr. Brady had reasons to be concerned. As an “ambassador” for FTX, he had appeared at the company’s conference in the Bahamas and in TV commercials that promoted the exchange as “the most trusted” institution in the loosely regulated world of crypto.

His money was also at stake. As part of an endorsement agreement Mr. Brady signed in 2021, FTX had paid him $30 million, a deal that consisted almost entirely of FTX stock, three people with knowledge of the contract said. Mr. Brady’s wife at the time, the supermodel Gisele Bündchen, was paid $18 million in FTX stock, one of the people said.

Now FTX is bankrupt, and Mr. Bankman-Fried is facing criminal fraud charges. Mr. Brady, 45, and Ms. Bündchen, 42, have been sued by a group of FTX customers seeking compensation from the celebrities who endorsed the exchange. On top of it all, the terms of the deal would have required the former couple, who divorced last year, to pay taxes on at least some of their now worthless FTX stock, two people familiar with the endorsement deal said.

In 2021, Mr. Brady also co-founded Autograph, which helps famous people sell the crypto collectibles known as nonfungible tokens, or NFTs. Autograph raised more than $200 million from investors, and Mr. Bankman-Fried joined the board.

That same year, Mr. Brady and Ms. Bündchen starred in a $20 million advertising campaign for FTX, with commercials that ran during N.F.L. games. Mr. Brady also posted TikTok videos with Mr. Bankman-Fried from FTX’s headquarters in the Bahamas, where he spoke at a conference in front of hundreds. Backstage, Mr. Bankman-Fried remarked that he could imagine buying a football team someday with Mr. Brady. Ms. Bündchen also appeared at the conference as FTX’s head of environmental and social initiatives.

When FTX collapsed last November, the company’s $32 billion valuation — including Mr. Brady and Ms. Bündchen’s $48 million of shares — plummeted to zero. The couple had also received a small amount of Ethereum, Bitcoin and Solana tokens to trade on the platform, one of the people said, which disappeared in FTX’s bankruptcy.

Mr. Brady’s other crypto venture has also struggled. Autograph’s revenue sank last year amid the crypto meltdown, a person familiar with its finances said. The start-up has shifted its strategy to focus more on helping celebrities find ways to foster loyalty with their fans, and less on marketing crypto tokens to consumers, the person said. The firm has also removed some crypto language from its marketing, downplaying terms like NFT, another person with knowledge of the company said.

Mr. Brady has also faced legal trouble. In December, the lawyer Adam Moskowitz and the law firm Boies Schiller Flexner filed a lawsuit in federal court in Florida accusing him and Ms. Bündchen of misleading investors. Among the other defendants are the comedian Larry David, the N.B.A. star Steph Curry and the tennis player Naomi Osaka, all of whom endorsed FTX.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/Ne..._id=GoDaddy_DLS

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Had forgotten Larry David was involved with this poo poo, that slightly saddens me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pontius Pilate posted:

Had forgotten Larry David was involved with this poo poo, that slightly saddens me

He appeared in a commercial as a guy who refused to invest in crypto.