Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I want the 97 figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Same here, I'm really stoked they went with Storm's most radical costume. There's supposedly separate parts to build a sentinel mixed in with each of the X-Men. Moon Knight is looking pretty phenom too. The rumored Kang turned out to be Goliath from What If...? season 2.

BaconCopter posted:

Marvel CMF Series 2 pic leaked. These will be the first CMF series in boxes, RIP buying only what you want at a retail store unless you're picking from a fresh box and they're always sorted the same (like previous CMF series). Another line that only makes sense to buy a complete set off eBay. At least the price is staying the same.

self quoting for the new page.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Question: I thought that Lego didn't have the rights to selling action figures of a lot of licensed properties, so how do they sell the minifig only CMF lines? Or is it only star wars they can't do that on?

That is a great Storm fig, though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Love the face for Agatha. ;)

Storm is the only one I want.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

trevorreznik posted:

Question: I thought that Lego didn't have the rights to selling action figures of a lot of licensed properties, so how do they sell the minifig only CMF lines? Or is it only star wars they can't do that on?

That is a great Storm fig, though.

Blind bags are different, like how keychains are different, like how bobble heads are different.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I don't know what CMF stands for and at this point I'm afraid to ask

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dogen posted:

Blind bags are different, like how keychains are different, like how bobble heads are different.

A) that's funny
B) kudos to the lawyers

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Collectible mini figure

trevorreznik posted:

B) kudos to the lawyers

Thank you, we don’t get enough credit.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Thank you.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Castle and forest hideout are on the way, next month I'll get Hokusai's Great Wave and Galaxy Explorer and that should be enough to keep me busy and have a little collection on display

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Beasteh posted:

Castle and forest hideout are on the way, next month I'll get Hokusai's Great Wave and Galaxy Explorer and that should be enough to keep me busy and have a little collection on display

:sickos:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm starting to think Offerup is the best place to buy LEGO stuff.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BaconCopter posted:

Marvel CMF Series 2 pic leaked. These will be the first CMF series in boxes, RIP buying only what you want at a retail store unless you're picking from a fresh box and they're always sorted the same (like previous CMF series). Another line that only makes sense to buy a complete set off eBay. At least the price is staying the same.

Isn't the rumour that there's a Sentinel minifig spread across several characters (ie head with one, body with another etc)?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
This month's LUG challenge is to design a vehicle based on a specific minifigure and their personality. I have chosen the classic LEGO skeleton, and to everybody's shock, I made it a car.

It's fun to make pure fantasy stuff sometimes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wacky Racers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The drivetrain in that car must be an engineering disaster trying to connect to the rear axle but function follows form, right??

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Nice. If I saw that build IRL and you told me it was from the old Monster Hunters line I would believe you.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

This month's LUG challenge is to design a vehicle based on a specific minifigure and their personality. I have chosen the classic LEGO skeleton, and to everybody's shock, I made it a car.

Love this. Make a whole line of Halloween cars

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Carbohydrates posted:

my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Isn't the rumour that there's a Sentinel minifig spread across several characters (ie head with one, body with another etc)?

Yeah, among the 3 X-men ‘97 figures. Though one Minifig was misinterpreted already(They thought it was Kang but it was Goliath) so the Sentinel parts might be a mistake as well.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Does anyone else like to do their build sessions by bag? Like today I’m gonna tackle bag #1.

This was my go to until i started building the mclaren formula 1 car. For some reason there’s only 5 steps of bags for this absolute monster. I’ve been on bag 2 for 5 days now lmao

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunk Dunk posted:

Does anyone else like to do their build sessions by bag? Like today I’m gonna tackle bag #1.

lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On big sets I usually do one bag per sit-down. I might do two or three per day but with long breaks between.

It's mostly to extend the build process, I like the building part and being able to see a half-completed set gives time to appreciate the techniques that went into it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Sunk Dunk posted:

This was my go to until i started building the mclaren formula 1 car. For some reason there’s only 5 steps of bags for this absolute monster. I’ve been on bag 2 for 5 days now lmao

You should absolutely pick up the Ferrari Daytona and do the bag a day

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A Speed Champions set that's like 2 bags? yeah just do that in one sitting. (But for the ones with multiple cars, its one car at a time)

But modulars are nice to draw out with one or two bags at a time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of bag numbering. What does anyone else think of the new style used in the Markets?

Previously, in big sets, you'd have two #1 bags, one big and one small. And 2 or 3 #2s and so on. But in the Markets, every bag is individually numbered. But you will usually have a step that uses multiple bags anyway.

My guess is to avoid confusion for people who don't realize there are 2 #1 bags. I suspect they will continue doing this in the future.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Every time I sit down and say "ok I'm going to savor this and build it one bag at a time" and then every time I stop everything im doing and the set is finished. Just one more bag, man.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I used to practically take it as a challenge that I had to finish the entire build in one go, even to the point I frankly wouldn’t even be enjoying myself by the latter stages.

I’ve since stopped because that was an insane attitude. With the rare exception that looks particularly spectacular, like 90% of the fun I have with Lego these days is the build, so I try to drag it out as long as possible.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

xzzy posted:

On big sets I usually do one bag per sit-down. I might do two or three per day but with long breaks between.

It's mostly to extend the build process, I like the building part and being able to see a half-completed set gives time to appreciate the techniques that went into it.

This is why I unironically dump all bags into a single box and go from there. I love doing 5000+ jigsaw puzzles so hunting for the piece is half the fun (ok more like a quarter) otherwise I feel like I blow through the build way too quickly.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
https://buildersbrewcafe.com/ this just opened in Sheffield. A cafe where you can build lego, either sets or DIY, reasonable cover charge of £3 per person per hour. Looks like an interesting concept and a fun extension of the board game and videogame cafes that are already popular, trip report after I go :)

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
cool, i’ve been saying someone should do something similar for years. there are some sets out there i think would be a fun build but wont actually buy due to space limitations or price. probably sucks for the person who has to take them apart at the end of the day.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

spaced ninja posted:

probably sucks for the person who has to take them apart at the end of the day.

yeah, I was wondering how that works...

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Open up a smash room next door. Bing bong, problem solved

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pay people £5 an hour to disassemble.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's any technic bits that make stuff hard to disassemble. Everything else you can pop out pretty quick with a separator.

Except stacked plates. I wince every time lego has me put a 1x4 on top of a 1x4.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Yep, that's a 3-separator job right there.

Spending the last few weeks mostly disassembling stuff has also absolutely destroyed my fingers. There are cuts and cuticles and jagged skin all over the place.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
How does that even happen? Aren't you wearing silken gloves?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I left the big BMW bike on my desk in engine stage forever when I built it because it looked so neat already (also my first technic set i think).

mik posted:

This is why I unironically dump all bags into a single box and go from there. I love doing 5000+ jigsaw puzzles so hunting for the piece is half the fun (ok more like a quarter) otherwise I feel like I blow through the build way too quickly.

I did this for the first couple sets but the sound of me rummaging through the box would drive my roommate insane lol (also one time my fingers started to go numb a little :v: )

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Today I did off-brand lego mini zapdos.
Very confusing instructions (all 8 steps!)
and very fragile one-stud connections.
But now there's a thunder bird on my desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've always wanted to get my hands on that Starcraft Battlecruiser mega bloks set.